By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Beauty & the Beast Fabric Swap

A fun & secret fabric swap

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Beauty and the Beast Fabric Swap

Beauty and the Beast Fabric Swap

Our mystery swap, one beauty, one beast, but can you tell which is which?

maria hewitt24/06/2015 20:24:49
985 forum posts
187 photos

What 8s going on? Where are the beasts? I havnt seen one beastly fabric, maybe one or two not quite as beautiful, but quite nice all the same...

Maria

Kay A24/06/2015 20:51:06
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Maria I think Rosemary is right in her comment about perception & sometime the fabric isn't what you imagined it would be so you don't like it.

I wonder how many peoples Beasts became their swap partners Beauty. I know mine did 😀 xxx

Tessa25/06/2015 15:23:38
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Your right Kay, I think Rosemary has hit the nail on the head. We have these fabrics because we felt they were all beauties, only trying very hard to find the beast amongst our stash....which can be very hard. I truly haven't seen a beast in all the photos posted. It will be interesting though, to see if anyone does something special with their fabrics.

Tessa rainbow

Kay A26/06/2015 13:41:54
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Beryl, just to let you know I've heard from your swap partner & your fabrics should be on their way to you this weekend

Right, now I'm off to try & find our pet caterpillar who escaped overnight 🐛

Beryl Hedley26/06/2015 19:53:37
821 forum posts
145 photos

Kay got your message. Thank you .

I hope you found your caterpillar.

Beryl

Katy01/07/2015 11:22:59
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I hope you found it too! Thanks for organising this Kay, it has been fun!

I think my favourite so far is Margaret's beast. Whoever sent that one must have been feeling very generous, I would have struggled to part with it!

Margaret S01/07/2015 13:21:50
4026 forum posts
759 photos

It has been fun and many thanks to Kay for coming up with this idea.

I don't dislike my beast and I do have plans for it in a modern quilt. I prefer your beast too Katy! The fabric that was very difficult for me to part with became my partner's beast! Good job that we are not all the same in our likes and dislikes.

Margaret

Kay A01/07/2015 19:42:29
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Hi everyone

Sadly Jacqueline the caterpillar has not been found. Hopefully the cat didn't eat her!

I'm really pleased everyone has enjoyed the swap. I think we're missing just 2 photos. Beryl's squishy got delayed & Cathy I don't know if you got my message, but if you've not received your squishy yet then it's safe to say it's gone missing. If you can please let me know then we can sort something out if needs be xxx

Tessa11/07/2015 09:57:21
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Ok, so whoever sent me my beauty and beast fabrics, I thank you once again....here is one of the fabrics used in the centre of this table runner. Works perfectly and have enough to do another one.

Table Runner

rosemary Rosenfeld11/07/2015 12:43:58
5887 forum posts
1722 photos
13 articles

Very nice Tessa! Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues