By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Beauty & the Beast Fabric Swap

A fun & secret fabric swap

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Beauty and the Beast Fabric Swap

Beauty and the Beast Fabric Swap

Our mystery swap, one beauty, one beast, but can you tell which is which?

Lexy11/06/2015 09:07:38
297 forum posts
81 photos

Thanks Maria, we did it all six years ago in our old house, although in that instance it was during a February cold snap and we were having the boiler replaced so had no kitchen, no heating and no water!!! This time round in the new house is much better, I picked summer so we could bbq or cook outside on a camping stove and we have water although no sink to wash up in.

I've just made a cup of coffee for our plasterer before I head to work and the kitchen is all being delivered tomorrow so that's a big day!

Enjoy your siesta, is your dd off on more exotic and adventurous travels?

~Lexy

mmamimone11/06/2015 09:13:54
311 forum posts
47 photos

beast beauty.jpg

Here is my beauty and beast fabrics

Both please me but I have a small preference for the butterflies

Monique

Kay A11/06/2015 09:26:15
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Thanks for posting the photo Monique. They are both lovely!

Good luck with the kitchen Lexy, I'm putting off doing mine because of the turmoil it causes. xxx

Katy11/06/2015 16:15:56
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I like both too Monique!

Good luck with the kitchen Lexy, it makes me shudder to think of going through all that again!

maria hewitt11/06/2015 17:07:15
985 forum posts
187 photos

Cant wait to see more beauty and beast fabrics, seems that truly beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've just received my subscription jelly roll gift, not the bright colours i was expecting, but burgundy and brown/beige, I am trying to look at it with beauty glasses... I'll let you know how i get on!

Lexi, dd is currently doing some commercial lighting work, but is touring in Norway and Belgium for 2 days next week with a band. ! then back in time for Glastonbury, where she is hoping to make more contacts between lighting gigs. When she has saved up, she is talking about aconcagua in south america....

Lexy11/06/2015 17:58:04
297 forum posts
81 photos

Here we go, the only dust-free space I could find was on my pinboard on top of some colour wheel blocks I'm working on. Like others have commented I couldn't decide which was intended as the 'beast' from these two. I have never bought or worked with panel fabric before so that was a really nice surprise and I love the vibrant colours of the frogs (green is my fav colour).

Beauty & Beast June 2015

Beauty & Beast June 2015

Kay A11/06/2015 20:46:11
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Oh, isn't that panel Michael Miller? 💖. The frogs are super cute too.

I think people are holding out on their Beasts, I've not seen any ugly fabrics....yet 😉 xxx

Jayne11/06/2015 20:53:42
676 forum posts
118 photos

Mine arrived the other day and here is the photo, and also a beautiful card, thank you.

I just love the leaves (top) and know just what I'll do with them, not too sure on my beast yet. Calling it a beast seems so ungrateful though.

dscn0104.jpg

Jayne x

dscn0105.jpg

Tessa12/06/2015 10:14:36
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Well, I have just received my two pieces of fabric. As I must label them Beauty or Beast I will...but in my mind they are both Beauties for sure. Whoever sent me the fabrics, I thank you, as you either know me very well or you just had 'that feeling' I would love these patterns. I have an immense love of leaves and flowers. So here they are:

My Beauty, then my Beast... (only because I have to label them).

Beauty

Beast

Kay A12/06/2015 15:41:51
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Someone forgot to put a Beast in my envelope!

Thank you to whoever my swap is from. I absolutely love both of them.

The flowers are definitely a beauty, but the trees are beautiful too. I'm going to use the trees for a tree appliqué block I've been planning.

I was thinking about it yesterday & said to myself "I hope my fabric is orange or purple". Well now I have the perfect piece to tie my orange & purple together & I can add in turquoise & lime green. I am one very happy bunny. Thank you ladies xxx

B & B swap

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues