By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Beauty & the Beast Fabric Swap

A fun & secret fabric swap

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Beauty and the Beast Fabric Swap

Beauty and the Beast Fabric Swap

Our mystery swap, one beauty, one beast, but can you tell which is which?

Kay A17/05/2015 19:33:16
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Could your Beast be someone else's Beauty?

For this secret fabric swap you will be sending 2 FQs directly to your assigned person. They won't know it's from you & they will be sending to someone else.

The Beast
That ugly piece of fabric lurking in your stash! That internet purchase that looked totally different on the website, that quilt shop visit made on an "off" day when you actually quite liked it! Dig it out ladies (& gents!?!), it's going to a new home
Please don't buy anything, let's not encourage the fabric manufacturers to continue to create such ugliness!

The Beauty
Now this doesn't have to come from your stash. We all know how difficult it is to part with (or cut into) that gorgeous fabric. This might mean a shopping trip, but I'll not apologise to your bank balance, because you know of the dangers before agreeing to the swap This FQ needs to be something that you think is beautiful, something you wouldn't want to cut into, something you might want to get yourself a little piece of too!

This swap really is designed to be lots of fun, so everyone needs to be aware that you might end up with an even uglier piece of fabric, but then you might not

When you receive your fabric you will need to post a photo with both fabrics in it & let everyone know which you think is the beauty & which is the beast. Hopefully some of the rehomed fabric will find new appreciation!

If you fancy joining in this fun swap then comment on the thread by the 31st May & message me your address. Once I know who is joining in I'll message everyone with the secret details of who to send the squishie to. You might want to get someone else to write the address if you think your handwriting might get recognised

All squishies need to be posted to your swap partner by the 30th June so there is plenty of time to dig through your stash to find something appropriate

Edited By Katy on 18/05/2015 09:45:23

Kay A17/05/2015 19:37:01
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Katy, I've created this thread on my phone & it looks really strange to me. If it looks odd to everyone else could you please work your magic & fix it?

Thank you xxx

Cathy Porteus 217/05/2015 19:42:12
189 forum posts
40 photos

Hi Kay,

This sounds like fun, I'd like to join please. (and somehow the whole thread has gone wonky but hopefully Katy will fix it)

Carol Dodge17/05/2015 20:27:08
573 forum posts
137 photos

Yes please Kay this sounds great fun

mandy17/05/2015 20:48:12
1068 forum posts
153 photos

Hi Kay, a great idea, count me in please.

Mandy

Tessa17/05/2015 21:21:20
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Ok Kay.... I'm in. Sounds like a bit of fun.

Tessa x

Lexy17/05/2015 21:59:19
297 forum posts
81 photos

Yes please Kay, count me in.

~Lexy

Jayne17/05/2015 22:27:37
676 forum posts
118 photos

Yes Please Kay, me too.

Jayne x

Beryl Hedley18/05/2015 09:35:30
821 forum posts
145 photos

Yes please Kay I will join in this swap.

Beryl

Margaret S18/05/2015 14:41:05
4015 forum posts
753 photos

Yes please Kay. Please count me in.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues