By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Round Robin Questions

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Carol B30/04/2015 15:21:26
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Some fantastic Round Robin quilts there.

I used to be tempted by the idea of a Round Robin, but as others have said, it is so dependent on everyone doing their bit, if one person fails everything falls apart. Probable a nice thing to do between a small group that knows each other well though.

Carol B

Fiona02/05/2015 11:27:44
3133 forum posts
486 photos

I've done a couple of row swaps, both in small groups of friends. One involved buying the fabric and sending it off so the postage costs were higher. Another was just sending the rows according to specified colour scheme. Both were assembled by the originator, so only one is finished!

I also did the PP Stay at Home Round Robin a few years ago, just following the instructions each month. I actually got as far as the second last lot of instructions so that's another UFO, as is the PP Sew a Row....

Swaps are great fun but they can be ultra-stressful too, especially when things get lost in the post. Over the years, I have had a few things to me go missing and 2 items I sent never arrived either, although replacements arrived promptly enough.

Kay A02/05/2015 19:14:32
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Thanks for sharing your quilt Juliet, it's nice to hear you are home & starting to feel a bit better xxx I love the appliqué on your quilt & all those little squares that make up the border. They just look so tiny & fiddly!

That's s really well travelled quilt Tessa, it looks really big & lovely autumnal colours

I hadn't even thought of stuff getting lost in the post Fiona. It's quite a scary thought!

Juliet02/05/2015 21:02:38
2101 forum posts
162 photos

I was quite pleased with my RR,I didn't really want to take part but glad I did.

juliet x

Katy05/05/2015 08:24:28
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

It is lovely Juliet, I'm glad you took part, you made a gorgeous quilt together.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues