By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

One Project at a time or multiplies

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
TortoiseCrafts20/04/2015 11:02:35
75 forum posts
12 photos
16 articles

Hi, I am sitting in my workroom and wondering what to work on next!!! That set me wondering - I have two quilts, a bed runner and a quilted postcard that I am actually working on at the moment. I should also mention that I have 27 quilt tops to be quilted (time permitting) and three other tops waiting to be put together and lots of designs waiting to be started.

In defence, some of the projects are for teaching.

But my question is are you a start and finish one project before starting on the next or like me do you work on multiple projects at a time?

mandy20/04/2015 12:15:30
1063 forum posts
152 photos

for me it's multiple too, I actually don't know how many projects I have unfinished ( definitely 2 quilts layered and ready to quilt  but the table runner I gave as a gift yesterday was one I had started a little while ago so my pile of ufo's has gone down- by 1 laugh

Mandy

Lexy20/04/2015 12:22:02
297 forum posts
81 photos

Oh, definitely multiple projects at a time for me, although I'm not sure whether that's just because its all quite new to me and I keep starting things just to try out different techniques.

I've currently got a double bed top which needs sandwiching and quilting, the Popular Patchwork group quilt-a-long project which still needs finishing, I've started making the blocks for a Christmas gift quilt and then I've also just started making paper-pieced blocks for a lap quilt project with the group I meet with once a month.

27 quilt tops!! smile o Now I don't feel so bad about the two I've got. But there still aren't enough hours int he day for all the things I want to do.

~Lexy

rosemary Rosenfeld20/04/2015 12:58:01
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Definitely more than one thing on the go at a time! I'd get bored otherwise! Also some things can be picked up if you have 10/15 mins to spare ....others need more time!!

best Rosemary

Marlene Hutchinson20/04/2015 13:05:01
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

I'm one project at a time girl...right to the finish. I think it was convent upbringing that taught me that but I usually have the next project in mind.

I do sewing in the daytime and knitting in the evening. Both are completed before I start the next if you know what I mean.

One good thing about it is no UFO's.

Cheerio Marlene face 23

Carol B20/04/2015 14:52:03
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Multiples everytime, even though I keep telling myself not to start another project before finishing the others there always seems to be a new one that is needed first.

Carol B

Fiona20/04/2015 15:00:55
3115 forum posts
465 photos

Oh, definitely multiple projects for me! Atm, I have literally just finished binding one quilt, have started the binding on another, have machine quilted the centre of yet another and marked the borders to do. Plus one quilt top on design wall while I think about what to do next with it. A jelly roll quilt top ready to layer. There's a bag with a QAYG block in it, plus a bag of handpiecing blocks in my handbag. And a bag with my Farmer's Wife things all together.

I teach too, so there's a bag ready for class tonight with a new project. And I have more teaching bits in various stages of readiness.

Those are just the things from over Easter-yes, I think I may have a bit of a problem! Looking around, I can see a star quilt top I made last month and the QAYG sampler DH has been waiting years for too! Let alone UFOs.... I have been trying to work on those too but new ideas keep striking. But I let myself try some of those if I make myself finish them. (And they may be useful for class, of course....)Oh, and I've also made a doll's pram set this month too.

TortoiseCrafts20/04/2015 19:56:41
75 forum posts
12 photos
16 articles

So, it isn't just me that has multiply things on the go.... and that was only the patchwork quilting stuff I mentioned, not the knitting (do stick to just one thing at a time with that) or my newest hobby weaving.

I have projects on the go for how I feel and also the type of work I fancy doing, hand or machine, hand quilting or hexagons for travelling. Then there is the teaching bits!

Will admit I do keep thinking I should finish some - may be quilt a few of my tops before I start anything new but.......

Tessa20/04/2015 20:41:40
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Definitely multiple projects going on at any one time. Love to do a bit on one item, then swap over to another....not sure how many things on the go ... but it sure is fun finding the ones you started last year and almost forgot about.

Tessa

quilt and patch20/04/2015 22:17:26
3489 forum posts
636 photos

agree many UFO's !

Liz x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Sarik
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues