By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Orphan blocks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
mandy30/03/2015 22:54:59
1063 forum posts
152 photos

What do you do With your orphan blocks?

I have a few blocks that I have made over the years which I doubt I will use and wondered what could be done with them, I thought about a round robin if anyone would be interested, the other option is send them to charity-Linus or something similar.

Mandy

Tessa30/03/2015 23:03:53
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi Mandy, I've had a few orphan blocks over the years and I put borders around them and use them for one side of a lined carrier bag. Made quite a few to sell at craft fairs. If you have a look at my Etsy Shop you'll see what I mean. Just go to www.etsy.com and type in Salixholme. I've also used quite a few blocks in Linus quilts. Hope all this helps.

Tessa xx

Kay A31/03/2015 08:27:20
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

I've thought about making some orphan blocks just to use in a quilt back when the right moment presents itself.

A round robin would be fun xx

mandy31/03/2015 10:16:17
1063 forum posts
152 photos

gorgeous bags Tessa, clearly something to think about.

Mandy

Tessa31/03/2015 10:24:33
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Kay, your idea of orphan blocks to back a quilt is great. Makes it reversible and quite colourful.

Mandy, thanks for the comment. I'm getting a bit low on things for my next craft fair, so am busy with bits and pieces...and the bags are very easy to do.

Tessa x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues