By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

pfaff problems

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Carol Dodge06/03/2015 15:26:02
573 forum posts
137 photos

Thanks Margaret for the advise. No I won't be taking it to classes, I have a very basic small machine for that.

Must remember to clean and talk to it more often.

Katy07/03/2015 08:04:57
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

That's good news, hope it's still working Ok now

Margaret S14/11/2015 09:27:20
4022 forum posts
756 photos

My Pfaff QE 4.2, bought earlier this year, has died! Seems to be a major problem with the electronic top tension. I have tried all the usual things - thorough clean top and bottom, new needle, different thread, rethreading. It will sew a few stitches then the top tension suddenly releases too much thread and it totally jams. I don't think that I will be able to fix it so it is likely to have to go back to Wrexham. In retrospect, the stitch quality has been a bit off recently.

I am now using my workshop machine, a Janome DXL 603. It's a great little machine but I need all my bells and whistles! crying

Margaret

Carol Dodge14/11/2015 16:17:40
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi Margaret.

As you know I have had problems with the same machine. Might be worth phoning Wrexham and speak to an engineer. i did this last time and he gave me some advice and was able to tell me what he thought might be wrong which as it turned out was my error so was able to fix it without it going away.

Katy16/11/2015 11:18:41
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Oh dear Margaret, hope it is easy to fix

Margaret S16/11/2015 14:10:24
4022 forum posts
756 photos

Thank you Carol and Katy. I am going to email Russell tomorrow. Over the years I have bought 4 machines from him. I am not sure that this is going to be an easy fix though.

I got the 'Big Beast', aka the Janome Horizon, out yesterday. I do not like this machine but the build quality is far superior to the Pfaff. I couldn't believe it when I set it up and it wouldn't stitch at first! I haven't used it for a bit and I think it was the foot control being difficult. Once it decided to go it went very well, so at least I have got some of my 'bells and whistles' back.

Margaret

Margaret S19/11/2015 15:40:13
4022 forum posts
756 photos

Fingers firmly crossed because I haven't had time to use it properly but after a 20 minute phone call with Dave of Sewing Machines Direct the problem seems to be fixed. It wasn't the tension after all. It was the auto thread cutter being slightly misaligned. Apparently it is very thread sensitive and I had been using a thicker quilting thread which may have caused it to move out of position. I now know how to realign it if it happens again. Janome tell you not to cut thicker thread but Pfaff do not! Here's hoping it will behave itself next time I use it.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues