By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sew Happy Quilt A Long

A fabric swap and a raffle quilt for Trade Aid in one

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Sew Happy Quilt-Along

Sew Happy Quilt-Along

Mandy Munroe continues her modern quilting adventure with her four-part quilt-along. April issue: part 4: Blocks 8 and 9, border 3, quilting and finishing

Sew Happy Quilt-Along Guidelines

Sew Happy Quilt-Along Guidelines

In January we started our Quilt-Along (QAL) with Mandy Monroe. For those of you who have not taken part in a QAL before, here are some general guidelines to help you start up a QAL to make the quilt.

Lexy02/02/2015 13:18:15
297 forum posts
81 photos

Looks good Rosemary, I like the green vs pink effect you've got with your two sets of fabric.

I've just had a flick through the online copy of the latest magazine so I'm going to make up the new blocks tonight and start joining things together. Not sure whether to play with the outer border a bit, it may depend on how much fabric I have left.

~Lexy

Lexy09/02/2015 23:44:00
297 forum posts
81 photos

How is everyone getting on with their quilt-a-long? I worked on mine some more tonight, pieced the outer border but will hold off attaching it until the final magazine article - just in case I make a mistake. I've started thinking about how I might quilt it, but I haven't much experience so probably something very simple.

~Lexy

So Happy Quilt-a-Long

rosemary Rosenfeld10/02/2015 08:29:28
5927 forum posts
1741 photos
13 articles

Hi Lexy! Looking good! I like what you've done in the 16 patch corners! I may pinch that idea!!

Katy.....are we going to send in photos ( to PP) as a group? When complete? In progress? Just wondered?

Best Rosemary

Margaret S10/02/2015 10:15:31
4031 forum posts
760 photos

Oh Lexy I do like yours! Mine has turned out very baby pink, which is not my favourite colour! I have had trouble with my lights. As I used what I had got in my stash I started with two FQs and these quickly ran out so I added another FQ and this has also nearly all gone. I haven't got enough for binding, but I have got an idea of what I want to do.

Sew Happy Quilt Along

Margaret

rosemary Rosenfeld10/02/2015 12:00:27
5927 forum posts
1741 photos
13 articles

I like the changes you've made as well Margaret! I think it's very pretty! A neighbour is expecting a second child in June (I think) and I made a quilt for the first one so I thought mine might do IF this one is a girl!!

best Rosemary

Lexy10/02/2015 12:30:46
297 forum posts
81 photos

That's lovely Margaret, it doesn't appear too pink in the photo and you've balanced all the colours really well. I also like your centre, with the four half square corners, it looks really attractive.

I know what you mean about running out of fabric, I think the patterns estimate for light fabrics was very close. I had a fat quarter and a half yard and all of that is gone, my last strip for the outer border was just shy of the required 2", but hopefully I got away with it. I think I have enough dark left for a binding, either that or use scraps of the mid-tone colours.

Rosemary, I've based most of my changes on an alternate lay out they showed in the second article and it's been fun to play around and figure out some of the piecing changes and measurements. I think using it as a baby quilt is a good idea, unfortunately none of my friends or family are currently expecting. If it turns out ok when finished maybe I will donate it.

~Lexy

Katy10/02/2015 13:10:39
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Lexy and Margaret, I love those two, they look gorgeous both of them.

I like both layouts very much, and I don't think either of them look unbalanced.

And I haven't done any more of mine, and I'm running out of lights too.

Katy10/02/2015 13:11:27
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Rosemary, I think we'll just have photos of finished, or at least top finished, and send them all together

Cathy Porteus 212/02/2015 22:34:05
189 forum posts
40 photos

You've all inspired me to get my pieces out and finish my QAL too. Pictures are a bit dim but here it is:

quiltfin.jpg

Lexy12/02/2015 23:24:19
297 forum posts
81 photos

Love it Cathy, scrap quilts are so attractive and interesting to look at. The fabric with the big-eyed owls is definitely my favourite.

~Lexy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners