By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sew Happy Quilt A Long

A fabric swap and a raffle quilt for Trade Aid in one

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Sew Happy Quilt-Along

Sew Happy Quilt-Along

Mandy Munroe continues her modern quilting adventure with her four-part quilt-along. April issue: part 4: Blocks 8 and 9, border 3, quilting and finishing

Sew Happy Quilt-Along Guidelines

Sew Happy Quilt-Along Guidelines

In January we started our Quilt-Along (QAL) with Mandy Monroe. For those of you who have not taken part in a QAL before, here are some general guidelines to help you start up a QAL to make the quilt.

Katy20/01/2015 12:38:08
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Sorry Rosemary, I forgot to say it has, yes, and it is lovely. Margaret's fabric has also arrived in the last five minutes, and that too matches beautifully. I will pack up all the squishies in a room which doesn't smell of cauliflower cheese (as this one does) and post them on my way between school, cake sale, sixth form interview and brownies this evening!

Your blocks look great Cathy. I was thinking about making my central blocks at the weekend, but I'd only bought one suitable light fabric, and I can't find enough stash that looks right for the second.

Katy20/01/2015 12:38:48
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I'll take a photo of the swap fabric together before I post them out.

Cathy Porteus 221/01/2015 13:00:05
189 forum posts
40 photos

Great, will look forward to receiving some lovely fabric, that's the best kind of parcel. I really should have finished the binding on a ufo before starting this one but couldn't resist

Katy22/01/2015 09:43:44
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi all, I'm hoping that your squishies will arrive with you today...

Lexy22/01/2015 14:05:52
297 forum posts
81 photos

Mine has arrived and can I just say I think we all did a great job, the fabrics look really good together. Can't wait to pick up my light and dark and get going with the first few blocks.

rosemary Rosenfeld22/01/2015 14:31:53
5921 forum posts
1739 photos
13 articles

Mine has arrived as well. You're right Lexy.....we all chose well!

Best Rosemary

Margaret S22/01/2015 15:11:35
4029 forum posts
759 photos

Thank you, mine has arrived too. Lovely fabrics. I think that I will use some white and pale pink from a Hobby Craft FQ pack as my lights.

I should have been at my daytime quilting group today. Got everything ready for loading in the car. Went into the bathroom and my back went! Ouch. Not as bad as sometimes when it goes though. Squishie cheered me up.

Margaret

Katy22/01/2015 15:14:27
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Sorry to hear about your back Margaret, but glad the squishy helped a bit

Cathy Porteus 222/01/2015 18:30:46
189 forum posts
40 photos

My fabric has arrived too, thanks very much for the selection. I'm going to finish binding my UFO tonight, then will hopefully make a start on the next block for the quiltalong.

Jayne22/01/2015 20:13:52
677 forum posts
118 photos

Margaret,

Sorry to hear about your back. Have you tried a TENS machine? It worked for my back pain, the physio at the clinic lent me one for a week to try before I ordered one from Boots internet.

Hope it gets better soon and isn't too inconvenient for sewing.

Jayne x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues