By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sew Happy Quilt A Long

A fabric swap and a raffle quilt for Trade Aid in one

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Sew Happy Quilt-Along

Sew Happy Quilt-Along

Mandy Munroe continues her modern quilting adventure with her four-part quilt-along. April issue: part 4: Blocks 8 and 9, border 3, quilting and finishing

Sew Happy Quilt-Along Guidelines

Sew Happy Quilt-Along Guidelines

In January we started our Quilt-Along (QAL) with Mandy Monroe. For those of you who have not taken part in a QAL before, here are some general guidelines to help you start up a QAL to make the quilt.

Katy08/12/2014 14:37:34
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi everyone

There's a new four part quilt a long by Mandy Munroe starting in our new January issue. This is a quilt you make yourself, but requires a 1m fabric swap between 3 to 7 people before you start.

The magazine is following a quilting group's progress with this one already, but it would be lovely if we could also contribute by making one of more quilts in our own quilt a long. So I'm looking for volunteers who would like to swap 1m of fabric with a view to making this quilt, or your own variation on the theme. I'd like to make Mandy's version, and then raffle it for Trade Aid next year. If you'd like to join me, then comment below. I'll set up a poll to choose a fabric theme by vote. I won't be expecting anyone to buy fabric or swap until the new year, but wanted to see if anyone is interested now.

If you're a digital subscriber, you can read more as the January issue is available online now. The magazine is in the shops on Friday, so paper subs copies should arrive anyday now.

Any questions. just ask!

rosemary Rosenfeld08/12/2014 14:49:03
5870 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

Count me in Katy! Best Rosemary

Carol Dodge08/12/2014 14:56:31
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi Katy,

Will probably be interested, can I confirm after Christmas thanks

Cathy Porteus 208/12/2014 17:32:38
189 forum posts
40 photos

Please can I join, thanks

Cathy

Lexy08/12/2014 17:53:54
297 forum posts
81 photos

Hi Katy

My copy of PP arrived today so I've just been reading this article - I would like to take part please.

Thanks

~Lexy

Margaret S09/12/2014 08:43:57
4015 forum posts
753 photos

Hi Katy

My magazine arrived yesterday and this quilt caught my eye. Although I am not doing one to one swaps anymore I would love to be part of this kind of swap. Please count me in.

Margaret

Katy09/12/2014 10:29:20
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Brilliant! Thanks everyone, please can you each have a think about what sort of fabric you'd like to swap? This could be a colour (red, blue etc) or a theme (spring, icecream, autumn) or style (modern, oriental, batik). I like the modern mix that's been used in the picture, but I'm happy to go along with whatever the majority vote is for.

rosemary Rosenfeld10/12/2014 18:39:03
5870 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

Hi Katy....I think I would go with no solids or browns!I like the idea of spring as a theme or modern. I said no browns because I like them..... it would do me good to try something else! Again.....I am happy to go with the flow!

Best Rosemary

Lexy10/12/2014 19:35:23
297 forum posts
81 photos

HI there, spring sounds like a nice idea, ice cream sounds a bit too pastel for me. I haven't used oriental or batik fabrics before so would be as happy to play around with them. But I'm in it more for the experience and learning and will happily go with the flow of what everyone decides.

Margaret S11/12/2014 09:28:09
4015 forum posts
753 photos

I like modern, bright//pastel. In fact, I like the fabrics used in the quilt, but will go with the flow.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues