By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Astronomical Friendship Swap 2015

A star block swap open to all!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Astronomical Friendship Block Swap

Astronomical Friendship Block Swap

Please post photos of your blocks here, and use this as reminder of swap partners and preferred colours!

rosemary Rosenfeld16/11/2014 12:21:18
5908 forum posts
1730 photos
13 articles

Hi All ,,,, I am going to run another Friendship swap next year..... along the same lines as the one in 2013 but this time all the blocks will be STARS.

Each month you will make and receive a star block! We will start with a friendship star and I will select blocks that gradually increase in difficulty! Instructions will be sent if necessary.

Hopefully enough people will join in to allow us to swap with somebody different each month! I know Margaret's group in France are going to join in again! Who else is going to join us?

I hope to start in January and we will swap 11 blocks (Jan. to Nov.) and the final block you will make for yourself!

All I need at the moment is a message to say "yes....I'm in" You will also need to pm me your address and colour choices for your own block......." blue and white" "pale pink and orange"(If that is your choice, so be it!!)

I hope I have explained everything... I will post a message on the 2013 thread so that it will be near the top of the list and you will be able to see what beautiful quilts we made.

You are making a commitment for the year but if life gets in the way....... don't worry , we can sort things out!

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best Rosemary

For new comers...... we don't usually post addresses on the forum.......if you look just underneath this post you will see "message member" click on that and you can send me a message! R.

Lexy16/11/2014 13:35:13
297 forum posts
81 photos

This sounds like fun and a great way to learn new block techniques - I'm in! I'll have a think about a colour scheme and PM you when I have one.

~Lexy

Carol Dodge16/11/2014 13:35:39
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi Rosemary,

I am quite tempted to join in and very much like the idea. Can you tell me how difficult the later blocks will be and also the size of blocks before I commit. My patchwork is improving and I can normally follow instructions OK

Thanks Carol

mandy16/11/2014 13:43:18
1068 forum posts
153 photos

count me in Rosemary, I'll send you a pm with my colour choice.

Mandy

rosemary Rosenfeld16/11/2014 14:31:30
5908 forum posts
1730 photos
13 articles

Thank you Mandy, Lexy and Carol...

The blocks will be 12 ins finished (ie 12 1/2 ins when sent).

It's difficult to know just how difficult the patters will be but nothing really hard. we had quite a few beginners in the last swap and although some of the blocks were challenging everybody coped!

Have you looked at quilterscache.com ? The blocks will come from there and you can see the instructions there. It is a really good source of material.

Best Rosemary

Carol Dodge16/11/2014 18:08:15
573 forum posts
137 photos

Thanks Rosemary.

Yes I would like to join in will pm you later with colour choice and address.

Thanks

Carol

Kay A17/11/2014 12:03:47
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Hi Rosemary, the swap sounds lovely but I'm not able to commit to anything much at the minute. I am very tempted to join in & make the stars when life permits & just not swap. I'm really looking forward to seeing the blocks everyone creates x

rosemary Rosenfeld17/11/2014 12:24:46
5908 forum posts
1730 photos
13 articles

That sounds a great idea Kay! I will add your email address to the list (if you let me have it) that way you will get all the details each month.... you just won't be on the swap list!

With a swap organised in this way it would be possible for you to join in later in the year! Let me know if and when that happens!

Best Rosemary

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 17/11/2014 12:46:02

Jayne17/11/2014 13:30:45
676 forum posts
118 photos

Rosemary,

I'd like to join but on the same basis as Kay. After last year's attempt at a swap I wouldn't want to let anyone down, but I'd love the instructions to each block and then I can add them to the blocks from 2013. I was wondering how to make 12 blocks into a double bed cover, now I have the answer.

Jayne x

Eileen Heathorn17/11/2014 13:39:12
365 forum posts
34 photos

Hi Rosemary

Count me in will email colour choice and address.

Thanks for organising this.

E

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues