By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Project Alzheimers

A4 journal quilt Exhibition

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sharon Garrick02/06/2008 15:52:00
11 forum posts

I thought that you might like to know that I have now received over 300 A4 quilts for this fund raising appeal.

I think that is fantastic and I thank all of you who have worked hard and sent me a piece of work.

Check out the diary page for details of the exhibition and come along and see what you have all produced.

Sharon

Sharon Garrick17/06/2008 10:58:00
11 forum posts
The update on Project Alzheimers is now 411 quilts!  A CD of 150 of these will be available after the exhibition for those of you who can not get to Salisbury. Details will be coming out on my web site at www.sharongarrick.co.uk in due course.
Sharon Garrick10/08/2008 10:44:00
11 forum posts
Project Alzheimer's - the resultsThe sun shone in Salisbury for the weekend of 26 and 27th July 2008 and brought out local residents and visitors in their hundreds to The Close.  About 500 of them crossed the threshold of Sarum College to visit the Project Alzheimer's exhibition. This fundraising show of A4 Journal quilts had captured the imagination of quilters worldwide and the result was a magnificent display of 415 quilts.From the Private View on Friday evening to the close on Sunday afternoon the comment came time and time again that visitors had never seen anything like it.  The style of exhibition was a first for Salisbury and Sarum College too. The variety of design, colour, technique and above all imagination was truely spectacular.  It is a credit to all those who submitted a quilt in support of the project that a total of £3633.10 was presented to the Salisbury branch of the Alzheimer's Society.  I thank everyone who donated quilts and everyone who bought one, and sometimes more than one, who made this such a successful exhibition and sale of work.Sharon Garrick
Katy11/08/2008 09:06:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Sharon

Well done, that's fantastic! That's a brilliant result, and such a lot of money! Congratulations to everyone who took part. 

Katy 

Jane Rae12/08/2008 13:17:00
72 forum posts
21 articles
Hi Sharon What a terrific success! You must be over the moon and probably bubbling over with ideas for your next fundraising event...after a well earned break. I look forward to seeing the CD and will be visiting your website for more details. Congratulations. Jane
Ruth Carter-Hale25/08/2008 19:02:00
43 forum posts
23 photos
Hello Sharon well done for raising all that money, just visited your web site verygood, i love the quilt with stonehenge in is one of the others glastonbury tour? ruth

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues