By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Quilt Together 2013
08/07/2013 17:53:20

Phew! So glad you like it Margaret!

When I saw you wanted lime green I spotted this one in my stash and I thought it was the limiest lime there could ever be!!

I have to say I’m really happy you got it so quickly (well in the end!) as I only posted it on Saturday morning!

Looking forward to seeing how it works with your other blocks, you’ve chosen strong colours which I like!

Love June x

rose

07/07/2013 13:53:30

Oh, meant to say thanks to Irene B for missing me J

Also I have sent off my block to Margaret Shearer which I think is May’s one, so that should leave the ones for June & July to be done. Then I should be fully caught up!

Margaret, I don’t think I’ve taken a picture of your block so would you be kind enough to post one when you receive it? I hope you like it, have to say I love the green I’ve used but maybe I’m a bit biased – will be interested to see what you think J

I have been spoiled by my partners in this swap as they have always been on the ball, will try to get myself organised to pop up pictures.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with me, will try to keep up from now on!

June xxxxxx rose

Thread: 2013 Birthday Club
07/07/2013 09:43:13

Morning all!

Yes I’m still in the land of the living (mind you I am presuming someone missed me! Lol!)

Anyway, I have to give my apologies to the Birthday ladies for May & June – real life issues have severely impacted on my sewing time since May and I’ve only just caught up with everything!

Today I posted off squishies to the following : Karen E; Cathy T(NZ); Hannah; Claire L; Cathy P and Donna which should mean I only have July to sort out *crosses fingers*

If I have missed anyone, please please let me know.

June xxx rose

07/07/2013 09:42:28

Yikes!! Just realised I posted my comment on the wrong forum - meant to be in the Birthday one! embarrassed

10/06/2013 21:42:50

Fiona,

Your block arrived today thank you so much it’s lovely love I’m getting such variation with these colours it’s rather wonderful – can’t wait to see what the next few months bring! I’ve been swamped with work related stuff for the last few weeks and have had a rather special birthday quilt to complete so I’m rather behind with all my other quilting but I will get your block out to you as soon as possible. Thank you again.

June laugh

08/06/2013 21:05:44

...and the Muppet of the Year Award 2013 goes to..... embarrassed

Sometimes I am such a Muppet, yes that’s Muppet with a capital M! I’ve been sooooo busy with one thing and another since the start of May. I knew it was going to be a busy time, so I planned ahead and got all my Birthday Club stuff done and posted it all super early…..or so I thought. Given I’ve just found ALL the squishies in the Birthday Club box, I’m guessing that everyone’s still waiting for them. Of course I was given the heads up by Claire that something squiffy was going on – thanks for that hun. So lease please please accept my humble apologies for being such a numpty but I will get them out to you asap.

Thread: Ugly Fabric Challenge
02/05/2013 07:43:13

I agree with Aude, we should do this again! It was fun smiley

24/04/2013 18:14:28

Laura,

Your blocks arrived today. The fabrics you have used for the two blocks are quite different but I have to say I like them both! Thank you so very much I feel so honoured that you took the time to make two different versions and I love the wee pinwheels!

You are an absolute star! lovehug 2

I’ll try to get some pictures up tonight.

June xx rose

23/04/2013 21:10:10

Laura,

Sorry just saw your message (real life interfering with important stuff such as my quilting!!) I’m sure the block (or is it blocks?) you sent will be lovely – have confidence in your choices! smiley I’m actually planning to sash the finished blocks to pull them all together, so I’m really not fussed about all the tones of the fabrics being the same – in fact the wider the variation the better! The more ‘different’ each block is from the next one the more I will remember each person who made that block for me!

I’ve posted your block to you today, so I hope it’s what you wanted, if not let me know & I’ll re-do one for you

June xx

rose

23/04/2013 20:52:57

Sandy,

Your squishie was posted today, doubt it will get to you in time frown but I hope you like it when it finally arrives. Have a wonderful birthday cake

June xx rose

23/04/2013 20:45:53

Chris - I've just pm'd you embarrassed x

19/04/2013 20:50:39

It's all very exciting!!! teeth 2

Thread: Hobbycraft sale
16/04/2013 18:44:14

Sale on in Hobbycraft Dundee - got some lovely fabrics (prices ranged from £3 to £6 a metre) Happy me! xx

Thread: Chat
15/04/2013 10:46:35

Hi Pam

There’s a Moda range called Ten Little Things which has owls on it – not sure if they all face the same way but I’ve popped a link up here for you to look at.

Good luck with your hunt

June x rose

**LINK**

14/04/2013 08:04:22

Hi Helen,

There’s actually a project for this on here, hope you’ll post a pic of the finished result

Good luck

June x rose

13/04/2013 15:31:13

Hi Helen,

What about a Disappearing Nine Patch? That way you can cut the fabrics that look ok smaller and, if you want to, fussy cut the bigger patterned fabrics.

Have to admit it’s one of favourite blocks laugh

June x rose

11/04/2013 19:31:43

I've just put up pictures of Block Two (the swap between me and Denise).

Very pleased to say I've got the next block ready to go, though I must admit that it's my second try!! First one turned out to have a rather unsettling errrr 'shape' on it so I wasn't about to send that out! It's now sitting at the side whilst I decide if I should just frog it or cut it up.....we'll see! Happy stitching to one and all!

June x rose

11/04/2013 19:12:24

Glad it's arrived ok Reenie, sorry it was so late embarrassed pleased you like it smiley June x rose

11/04/2013 19:09:57

FINISHED!! Email sent to Alison so now all I have to do is wait to see the delights whipped up by everyone else! Excited!

June x rose

Thread: How do I do this?
11/04/2013 14:42:40

Hi I'm going to try to put a link up here - its for a quilt using the technique I mentioned earlier - if you just turn the triangles around a bit you should be able to make the squares up ok. Of course you'll also be making reverse squares but hey two quilts for the price of one! lol June x rose **LINK**

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues