By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
27/03/2016 14:11:17

Went to make up the April squishies today and, once I'd looked out the first set of fabrics (Fiona's) I went to iron them. I have to kneel down to plug in the iron (plug behind the bookcase AKA vertical fabric stash). It was at then that I discovered that the carpet was soaking wet! Investigation commenced.... All my sewing things have had to be piled onto my desk. The bed had to be removed from the room and the carpet & underlay was pulled back to reveal soaking wet floorboards. Found that the radiator was leaking from the temperature control valve. Towel now wrapped around it. Room looks like a bomb site. On a happy note - we're now waiting on an engineer coming out and his work is covered by the policy we have with a local firm (hate to think what a call out would have cost on Easter Sunday!!). Anyway, the upshot is that it doesn't look like I will be getting back into the room for a few days. Will try to get at least Fiona's squishie done as have those fabrics together but Kay I'm afraid yours may be late, sorry. Glenda's birthday isn't till the 16th so I'm hopeful that I can get this out in time along with those for Monique, Chris and Sandy. Fingers crossed. sad

16/03/2016 19:48:57

Happy Birthday Sue, hope you had a wonderful day cakecocktailteeth 2

Thread: FOQ 2016
13/03/2016 16:03:03

Hi everyone, now not sure I'm going to come - not sure I can justify £300+ for three nights B&B plus the travelling; tickets etc. Then I'm pretty certain I'd spend a wee bit at the show itself.........

02/03/2016 19:55:54

6 emails received for March - quite a jet setting lot aren't we!

June x

25/02/2016 18:39:12

Happy Birthday Di! Hope you have a wonderful day. Enjoy your squishies gift

23/02/2016 17:08:15

Happy birthday Alison - what an eclectic mix of fabrics you have! Wonderful

June x

21/02/2016 15:14:11

Happy Birthday Margaret, love your cards and, of course, your fabrics! Looking forward to seeing what you make with them cakelaugh

June

Thread: stencils
16/02/2016 07:37:55

I use a light blue water soluble pen which is fabulously easy to use. The lines stay there until you wash the quilt but best of all if you decide you don't like what you've drawn you just have to lightly wet the line (I use the tip of my finger) and it vanishes. Then you can re-draw the line. Simples!

Everyone has different preferences. I'd recommend you try a few different ways and see what works best for you.

Enjoy

June x

15/02/2016 18:49:35

Both March squishies posted today laugh

June

08/02/2016 19:18:19

Happy Birthday Tessa, what a lovely group of fabrics you have. Cannot wait to see what you make with them June xx

02/02/2016 19:29:09

Emails for March received

Thread: FOQ 2016
31/01/2016 11:51:14

I have been thinking of going this year but not don't know the hotels. Any advice?

25/01/2016 19:06:14

Delighted that all non-squishie squishies have arrived safely

June x

23/01/2016 12:05:06

Have posted the February squishies today. Just not sure if I should be calling them squishies now as the squares fit so neatly into the card envelopes (with card that is!)

June x

11/01/2016 07:55:24

Got them, just waiting for yours Alison

Thread: Looking for fabric
01/11/2015 16:41:03

I am trying to track down about 2mtrs of Camelot Cottons Daydreams Brushstrokes fabric (1007044-4). It's the red one of this series. I've tried looking on line and I can get it from Canada or USA but I would prefer to buy from a UK shop. If anyone knows where I can got some, I'd be grateful. smiley

31/10/2015 11:37:08

I've emailed you Katy

28/10/2015 18:29:00

Oh heavens I am sooo tempted. Have put my name down for this for the last 2 years and the start of every year had held a wee disaster which resulted in me not being able to take part. Was part of the one before then (3yrs ago) and it was fabulous. Dare I try again.... Oh heck, put me down, I do love 5" squares. Just no idea about colours *puts thinking cap on*

Thread: Parrs Reel Rulers
26/09/2015 18:12:11

My fmq is improving. I tend to mark out a pattern and then very slowly follow it as best I can. Straight lines are my friends I'd love to be able to do curves that were curvy and didn't have straight bits in them. May wait off and make a point of trying it out at a show before I decide. Would love to see anything you do produce though Carol!

26/09/2015 17:46:36

Hi Ladies,

Margaret - thanks for the info

Carol - it's a Pfaff that I have and when I was listening in all they really talked about was Bernina's. Given this was to someone who was really interested in buying the system, I didn't like to interrupt. How have you got on actually using the rulers?

June

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues