By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
18/06/2016 15:47:06

Been away in rainy Glasgow for the last 4 days and came home to two squishies!! Exciting!

So many thanks to Marian T and to Tess W.

I've popped a wee basket on the bookcase by the front door to keep them all safe till my birthday.

Did I mention how exciting this is?!

June xx laugh

03/06/2016 19:12:26

Happy Birthday Jayne, sounds like you had a lovely time

June

Thread: Professional long arm quilting
03/06/2016 07:44:04

Hi Nicola,

I do all my own quilting - it's not perfect; it wouldn't win any prizes but, to me, it is the most important part. It's what sets off all the hard work with the piecing. It's the bit that takes your pieced top and makes it into a quilt.

I don't have a long arm machine, only a Pfaff 4 and have quilted large double quilts on it. It can be tough going as you have to do a bit at a time and try to ensure the part of the quilt you are not working on is fully supported (if not the weight affects the stitching your doing). There are pics of what I've done in my albums here so you can get an idea of size.

Another thought - do you have a friendly quilty shop nearby? If so, pop in and speak to them; they'll help you choose wadding; may even be able to help you layer it and I'm certain would help you look at quilting patterns.

You could always put a pic of your top here if you wanted help with quilting patterns.wink

My advice would be for you to have a go at it yourself; but in the end you should do what you're happy with.

I look forward to seeing the finished quilt laugh

June

Edited By June on 03/06/2016 07:46:12

30/05/2016 19:10:58

June squishy posted this morning smiley

June x

Thread: Quilting a Bargello
21/05/2016 07:43:45

That's lovely Laurel, well done! rose

I've not made a Bargello but there's a lot of movement in the top so I'd think of doing lines from corner to corner of each block in the direction of the movement. Does that make sense?

Can't wait to see how this turns our - good luck

June xx

Thread: Scrap Bags
02/05/2016 14:58:48

Hi Nicola,

try this place **LINK**

If you're looking for some thing specific colourwise - give me a shout, happy to trade

Cheers

June xx

02/05/2016 13:22:32

Hi Alison, got the June email thanks -- very weirdly I had just the fabrics I need sitting on my desk!

June x

27/04/2016 18:54:29

Happy Birthday Sandy, love your fabrics. Hope you have a fabby holiday

June x

Thread: Sketchbook Quilt Competition
23/04/2016 10:47:43

Finally managed to plan something. Hope to start cutting this afternoon smiley

21/04/2016 20:26:21

Happy Birthday Chris, hope you had a wonderful day x

Monique - thank you for letting me know your squishie arrived, hope you like my choices for you xx

In other news - I've put together an album of pics of my recent sewing room disaster. Katy - some of the pics are on their side can you turn them for me? I'm sure I used to be able to do this myself, but can't remember how to do this

June xx

21/04/2016 07:14:35

Happy Birthday Sandy. Have you got my squishie yet? June x cakegift

17/04/2016 20:26:26

Happy Birthday Monique, hope you have a lovely day. Have you received my squishy yet?

June x

15/04/2016 16:29:09

Carol & Donna,

thank you both for letting me know your squishies have arrived safely,

June x

12/04/2016 16:50:30

Carol, thank you for letting my know you've received your squishy smiley

June x

12/04/2016 16:11:02

Happy Birthday Glenda, so pleased your squishy arrived safely. Hope you have a wonderful day

June x

11/04/2016 19:29:05

Remainder of April's squishies along with the May ones were all posted today. Caught up and now ahead of the game!! #phew!

June x

06/04/2016 19:54:16

Hi Fiona,

really chuffed you got your squishie on your birthday - and surprised - the mail from our local box is only collected at 5pm so it moved pretty quick to get to you the next day!!

June smiley

05/04/2016 07:56:21

Happy Birthday Fiona and Kay. Hope you both have a wonderful day! cakecakelaugh

04/04/2016 15:54:07

Finally got back into the sewing room this afternoon! Things sorted round and the squishies for Fiona and Kay have been popped in the post. Fingers crossed you'll both get them on Tuesday or Wednesday

Thread: Chat
27/03/2016 19:56:06

Goodness Rosemary what a shock that must have been! We've got a towel wrapped round the leak which is working very well. Floor boards are drying up nicely but, unfortunately, we're still waiting for the plumber. To be fair they weren't sure about getting someone to us this afternoon but they would definitely come out tomorrow. Meantime, as I said, the floorboards are drying out very nicely indeed smiley

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues