By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sketchbook Quilt Competition
07/09/2016 18:23:02

Hi Rosalind,

I haven't received my quilt yet but, as you say, getting all those quilts posted is not going to be an easy job! Will pop a note up on here when it does arrive laugh

June x

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
06/09/2016 18:37:28

Hi Donna,

your squishy arrived today, thank you, the fabrics are lovely smiley xx

June

05/09/2016 18:31:10

Hi Alison, all three emails received, thank you

June x

03/09/2016 18:05:23

Not me either but then I wasn't expecting to win; can't wait to see the winners though laugh I'm really hoping they do another competition next year. Many congratulations to the winners yes xx

June

Thread: Chat
01/09/2016 20:01:07

Connie, Winnie & Margaret - thank you for the links, currently looking at them smiley

Diane - keeping my fingers crossed all goes well with the movethumbs up

Reenie - love the photo of the tilesheart

Rosemary - the quilts are lovely, well done heart

Katy - get well soon hug

30/08/2016 18:13:23

Happy Birthday Katy, hope you had a wonderful day cocktailgift

Thread: Newbie
30/08/2016 17:51:20

Hello and welcome Carmel,

I looked at cabinets too but felt they were to restricting (plus very expensive!) I started off with my old study desk from Ikea with nice white Billy bookcases (also from Ikea). As I needed more work space I looked for other ideas and a friend put me onto this table **LINK** (can't do the nice linky thing I'm afraid). Now have two of these forming an 'L' shape and am really pleased with them; they're very sturdy and best of all there's lots of space under them for storing things! Plus they fold down very neatly and easily so I can move them easily when ever I want.

The only advice I would give you would be to clearly decide what you and get what works for you. Make it up as you go and enjoy the process of designing your studio!

June x

27/08/2016 08:26:56

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR FABRIC

Hi folks, I'm looking to get a selection of ACW fabrics/jelly roll. Can't seem to find anything on the usual sites I trawl so I wondered if any of you could point me to some?

Many thanks

June xx

16/08/2016 18:32:38

Scrappy Dappy Blue!!!

So happy with it - even if it's a bit wonky but I've worked out what went wrong so won't be making that mistake again!

Love seeing all the quilts together.

Katy - I'll pm you the link for the competition smiley

Cheery

June xx

14/08/2016 08:06:08

Thank you Brenda, it really is quite a buzz just seeing my quilt and comparing it to the others, and you went with blue too! Have to admit that red is actually my favourite colour but I had a spark of inspiration for blue so just went with it. I have actually found another competition which I am going to enter but you have to do 4 A4 sized quilts of your own theme. Already have plans in place. I'll look out the info and see if Katy would let me put it up here (or start a new thread?).

Jayne, yes if they run it again, you should enter. It's a lot of fun and I was amazed by how much I learnt doing this one. Perhaps you should enter the other one I mentioned?

Feel very chuffed that so many of us on here have entered, it would definitely be the icing on the cake if one of us got a prize!

June xx

13/08/2016 14:31:19

Oh you did blue as well! Great minds... wink It was a lovely wee project and something I'd definitely do again. Learnt soooo much!

Once the judging is over, I think we should put up a gallery on here for all our entries - what do you think?

June xx

13/08/2016 11:31:36

It would be nice if this wee competition ran again next year. I've entered this year and can see my quilt in the photos which, I will admit, made me go "Squeeeeeeeeeee!" All the entries look fabulous so I don't think I'll win but it is very very lovely to see my quilt hanging there. First quilt I've ever entered into a competition so I'm proud of myself and I'm really looking forward to getting it home again to be able to hang in my new studio laugh

June xx

12/08/2016 18:01:01

Happy Birthday Lillian, hope you have a fabulous day smiley

June xx

Thread: FOQ 2016
12/08/2016 07:31:48

Have fun everyone, wish I was with you but have Aussie visitors just now so impossible to get away sad Next year perhaps.... laugh

June xxx

11/08/2016 19:32:52

Oh my goodness!! heart

06/08/2016 09:55:31

So many things happening on here....massive hugs to those you need them (and anyone else who wants one!) hug 2

Makes me feel blessed and thankful that all is well here and I am able just to sit back to watch the Rio opening ceremony. Anyone else counting all the known and new quilting patterns on show? lol x

June xx

31/07/2016 09:51:29

Oh gosh, I am so excited. In 2008 I decided to leave my job as a manager with HMRC and go back to Uni to study Law with the aim of becoming a solicitor. However life took me in a different way; a way that is far far more satisfying for me which is wonderful. Anyway during my studies I decided to move home to stay with my mum and rent my flat out. This week, after much thought, I decided it was time to move back to my flat.

Hugely nervous about giving the tenants notice (they're a lovely couple & I could not have found better tenants) but, after the initial shock, they seem to be getting things sorted out very quickly.

So I'll be moving soon and my tummy is tickling at the thought. Best thing? My flat has two large double bedrooms - guess what the second bedroom is going to be....did I say how exciting this is?! wink

Sorry for the wee ramble but I just had to tell someone or burst!

June xx

31/07/2016 09:22:15

Morning everyone,

firstly - HAPPY BIRTHDAY EILEEN! Hope you like your fabrics as much as I did & have a splendid day.

secondly - thank you for the birthday wishes Katy - not been on the forum for the last wee while as life has been hectic and is very exciting. More news on that later!

Have a lovely day everyone laugh

June xxxx

22/07/2016 19:03:59

Two more squishies arrived this morning - thank you Monique and Fiona!

June x

Another couple!

20/07/2016 21:24:17

Thank you for all the kind wishes ladies smiley

I had a lovely day with cake and gift but no sad rose(hay fever) or cocktail(don't drink a lot). Grand day

June xx

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues