By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
31/12/2016 18:32:08

Rosemary & Beryl,

so pleased your squishies arrived safely

Happy New Year to you all

June xx

Thread: Quiltlet Challenge for 2017
31/12/2016 11:41:17

Oh I love this idea but I'm in the middle of renovating my flat before moving back into it, so I just don't have the time I'm afraid. Will be cheering everyone on and I look forward to seeing how they turn out

June

29/12/2016 09:35:05

Happy Birthday Rosemary - squishie on its way gift

June

28/12/2016 18:43:07

Errrrrr so they say confession is good for the soul....so here goes!

Beryl & Rosemary - both your squishies are still here with me. I had them all ready to go last month and thought I'd posted them. Somehow I managed to put them back in my fabric box rather than with the other cards I was posting at the same time. It was only when I went back into my sewing room this afternoon that I saw them.

I am truly truly sorry for messing this up sad I will post both of them tomorrow.

Feel such a numpty!

June xx

20/11/2016 17:21:05

Eileen, I'm missing two as well - very disappointing isn't it I have to admit I was thinking about not taking part next year but I've decided that I'm just going to ignore these people and concentrate on those who participate nicely

I had a plan all laid out for the squares from this year and I'm now having to adapt it to take account of the missing squares but hey, I'll deal with it. Will post a photo of the top once it's done but with the all the flat wrangling and the move in the next couple of months I don't expect this will be done until Feb/March.

June

20/11/2016 12:54:59

Hi Rosemary, count me in for next year & thanks for taking this on. I'll send you an email by return.

Alison - my apologies for not confirming I got the December email.

Can I just say, how much I (and I'm sure everyone else) appreciate the time and effort it takes to co-ordinate clubs such as this. Too often those who allow such clubs to run are often under appreciated and under thanked.

We do appreciate you and we should say it more often.

June xx

20/11/2016 10:07:30

Spooky - I was just coming on to the forum to see if anything had been posted about next year's BB club!!

June xx

09/11/2016 18:43:55

Beryl,

many many apologies for missing your birthday. Your fabrics look wonderful. I will get your squishie to you as soon as I can (probably be able to sort it out this weekend),

June xx

Thread: Sketchbook Quilt Competition
13/10/2016 22:17:26

Oh don't worry Rosemary - I missed me the first time I looked through the gallery. There really were a lot of wonderful quilts. I do hope they run the competition again next year

June x

13/10/2016 18:15:02

....and me!!!! My rather wonky Scrappy Dappy Blue quilt is there; in print; in a magazine! WOW. Rather chuffed at that. laugh

June x

10/10/2016 18:28:12

All October squishies posted this morning laugh

June x

09/10/2016 17:19:10

Enjoy your new baby Brenda!

My quilt arrived safely home on Friday. Will get a wee hanging sleeve made and hang it in my new sewing room (once it's sorted out!).

At the moment, I'm still cleaning the flat (if you have shares in Flash wipes & domestos then you're going to be get a big bonus this year! - and it's still not completely clean. On the good news side though, the surveyor was up on Wednesday and I can do the renovations I want. Just waiting on the quote coming in to see how painful financially it will be. Once I get that I can plan everything else...

Life is busy

June xx

Thread: Chat
01/10/2016 16:34:01

Well met up with my tenant this am to get the keys back and return her deposit. Now the fun begins - well as soon as I clean the place! Dear god I've seen cleaner bins! Not impressed but to be honest I really doubt that it would have been cleaned up to my standards anyway (uber picky you know!) so I would have cleaned it anyway. Just wish she'd made a bit of an effort...

So quick trip to Asda to pick up cheap hoover & a trolley full of cleaning fluids/cloths etc. The fun will start tomorrow

I'm consoling myself with a long term view - everything will be as I want in a few months and this is just a bit of a blip.

Sorry for whining; just needed to vent a bit to someone who is not my mum

June xx

24/09/2016 18:18:15

Was just getting a bit concerned as I know some were returned a few weeks ago. Guess it's just taking them longer than expected.

June x

24/09/2016 13:20:56

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone else has received their quilt back?

June xx

Thread: Accuquilt die compatability
16/09/2016 22:14:42

Noticed that Hobbycraft had some Spellbinder dies so messaged them on fb. They have advised that the dies are usually used for papercraft rather than quilting machines and so would not recommend it.

Mind you the Spellbinder web site does give instructions for using them with sizzix etc (though not accuquilt).

On balance I won't be putting it anywhere near my accuquilt.....though not sure what I'm going to do with it! lol

Thanks for all the help

June xx

16/09/2016 21:32:42

Congratulations Brenda, love your wee quilt every time I look at it I notice something new, very clever.

June x

Thread: Accuquilt die compatability
15/09/2016 19:15:33

Hi Pamela,

I know it can be used in the Sizzix & in the Cuttlebug type machines and the dies from them can be used in the Accuquilt so I thought it might be ok to use the Spellbinder in it too.

However, as you say, I really do not want to risk damaging my Accuquilt.

Was really hoping someone on here would know but if not I'm certainly not going to risk it.

Cheery

June x

14/09/2016 19:18:33

Hello everyone, I've been given a die by Spellbinder and wondered if it was ok to use it in my Accuquilt Go and if so, how best to use it?

Don't want to use it if will damage my cutter.

Many thanks

June xx

Thread: Chat
10/09/2016 20:51:47

Diane, - so pleased that things are working out for you. Re tables, I use 2 of these Clarke tables **LINK** - they are really sturdy; can fold down easily and there's space underneath for storage. There is a smaller square table too. Looking forward to seeing your new sewing room

Glenda, - sorry to hear you're still having problems hug 2 hope they figure out what it is and sort you out

June xxx

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues