By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New Fabric
27/05/2012 06:36:56

Hmme good idea. Anyway, after I gave up scanning the internet, I consoled myslef with a browse through Popular Patchwork and guess what! There it was - It's the new line from Fabric Freedom called Pure Velvet, whole like visible on p65 AND there's some freebies going x

26/05/2012 21:24:58

Not to worry - just found it! Couldn't see how to delete the thread though embarrassed

26/05/2012 21:03:29

Hi everyone, I recently saw a new line of fabric which had sweat peas in it but for the life of me I cannot remember where I saw it or its name - can anyone assist me? Many thanks Jas xx

Thread: Length wise grain - huh??
20/05/2012 21:19:12

Thanks Margaret, that's a great help

19/05/2012 14:03:33

Ah ha! Now that makes sense! Thanks Marlene x

19/05/2012 07:39:04

Hi, I'm currently reading a pattern which is asking for the borders to be cut on the "length wise grain" and I'm not sure what this means. Can someone enlighten me please? Many thanks June x

Thread: Accuquilt Go Machine
12/05/2012 21:30:50

Thanks for posting this. I have looked at getting one but feel they are just too expensive to justify but, saying that, if I had the spare cash.... Love seeing your quilts x

Thread: Seam Guides
07/05/2012 20:13:04

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated. Will be checking my needle & popping a bit of tape on the machine in the very near future smile x

07/05/2012 07:07:08

Thank BJ, that's a fabby idea, will have to try it out x

06/05/2012 22:36:02

As a new quilter, my seams are still a bit wonky at times and I was wondering if any more experienced quilters used seam guides? I've seen a few on various sites but I'm not sure if it would be worth investing in one. Oh, I have a Pfaff select 4 and have a 1/4" foot for it so, theoretically I should be able to get decent seams....theoretically that is!! lol! smile

Thread: Fabric Clubs
02/05/2012 13:12:50

Firstly, thank you all for your replies & welcomes teeth 2

Hi Caz, if you have a go, please let me know - I'm still thinking about it x

Hi Liz, know what you mean about fabric fondling (now that doesn't sound perverse...does it!! lol!) and just LOVE the idea of the Birthday Club - will definitely be joining that next year, though would be going for "surprise me!" for the fabric colours! Got my mag subscription last month & got 2 very useful rulers (and have promptly lost the biggest one...!) Not sure I'm up to all the other swaps you mention, still very much a novice but I'm getting there. x

Hi Jam, do you ever read Bonnie Hunter's blog Quiltville? Anyway her 'motto' is "If it's still ugly, you haven't cut it small enough" Think she's a bad influence on me as I was sitting last night sewing 1.5" strips together to see if I could get a block, and I did, no idea what to do with it now just feel strangely proud of myself. x

01/05/2012 21:57:10

Evening everyone, I've been trawling the internet looking at fabrics (what else would I do with my sewing down-time?!) lol! Anyway, I noticed on some sites that they had fabric clubs - you pay a subscription & they send you some fabrics every so often. Whilst I just love the idea of a 'surprise' package of fabric popping through my door every once and a while, I do wonder if these clubs are value for money. Are any of you members? If you are, do you find it worth while? Many thanks June xxsmiley

Thread: Pfaff select 4.0 advice
10/03/2012 12:54:22

Thanks for your replies, will be back at it tomorrow - so fingers crossed! x

09/03/2012 20:47:24

Hi everyone, I've just got a Pfaff and am having some problems - think it may be the tension. Anyway the thread from the bobbin keeps looping at the beginning and end of my test pieces - any ideas? Thanks x

Thread: SEWING MACHINE HELP IS HERE
29/01/2012 12:08:01

Hi everyone, I'm a very new quilter and I'm thinking of treating myself to a new sewing machine. The problem is the one I have I got in the 70's so is VERY basic, so my question to you is: What are the features that you consider to be essential on a machine suitable for quilting? Thank you xx

Edited By BattyJan on 29/01/2012 23:50:52

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues