By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 2013 Birthday Club
29/12/2012 15:38:48

Thanks Katy, looking forward to this

29/12/2012 15:10:58

Hi Cathy,

I haven't heard anything either so I imagine nothing has been sent out yet June x

Thread: Chat
24/12/2012 17:16:10

Just watching Kirstie (the quilting episode). Had seen/heard a few comments about it but hadn't appreciated just how dire it was... honestly what a load of....manure!!! no That being said, I do generally enjoy watching her but I think I'll keep to her property programmes from now on.

Thread: 2013 Birthday Club
13/12/2012 22:01:02

Hi, somehow I managed to miss ALL the posts about this!! Is it too late to join in? x

Thread: 2012 Birthday Club
13/12/2012 21:59:07

Ahhh no worries - just found the forum....will post a comment there x

13/12/2012 21:55:20

Is there going to be a birthday club for next year? Was thinking of joining in if it was going to run but don't recall seeing any posts re this (course may have missed them!) lol x smiley

Thread: Can anyone please help?
28/11/2012 08:16:02

Have checked my stash and all I have is one tiny wee scrap (about an inch and a half square) which would go nowhere near what you need. I'll check my fave shops etc and see if I see this but I really think you'll need to check out the USA shops & get a fat quarter sent over. Check out ebay as well - I managed to track down other fabrics I wanted in Australia thanks to that! Will let you know if I find anything but good luck with your hunting Jas x

27/11/2012 22:05:19

Oh I wish you every luck with finding this - you may have to look to the US. I've just finished a wedding quilt using the same fabric and it took me ages to find what I needed and, have to be honest, I didn't see any layer cakes on my journey! I don't think I have any scraps of this one in my stash but I'll check & let you know. Mind you I did use a jelly roll & a couple of candy bars so even if I do have some, it may not suit you. WIll get back to you asap Jas x

20/11/2012 07:08:27

Just a quick wee note to say thank you for all the kind comments. It took me a long time to complete and I learnt soooo much. I'm now working on a Log Cabin Quilt and a Charming Old Maid Quilt, both of which I love. Mind you I do have three UFO's lurking in the cabinet *blushes* Totally blame it on being seduced by the lovely classes at the Seattle Quilt Co in Aberdeen - always a fun day out!. Thank you again.

Jas xrose

Thread: Looking for a fabric..
19/11/2012 18:45:28

Hiya m'dears and thank you for taking the time to reply. I took a wee trot to Hobbycraft at lunchtime today and found something that is pretty similar and will do nicely. Will remember about a photo next time though!! kiss

18/11/2012 22:20:37

Just loaded up a few pics of the first big quilt I've finished. I made it for a friends handfasting and, happily, she loves it smiley H&K1.jpg

Thread: Looking for a fabric..
18/11/2012 20:56:58

I wonder if anyone can help me track down a particular fabric? It's a darkish green with what looks like black sponge printing on top. Any ideas? question

Thread: Quilt Washing
01/11/2012 19:33:15

Thanks everyone, the quilt has now been washed and looks fabby. Though I have to admit that there are still a few pencil marks to be seen sad any recommendations abotu getting them out? smiley

31/10/2012 14:50:48

Thanks ladies, but what would you class as normal spin? 500/750/1000??

thinking

31/10/2012 10:05:32

Morning everyone, well I've finally finished my first BIG quilt (96" square) and need to wash it before I give it to my friend. But not sure how best to do this! Silly I know but I'm a bit worried incase I do it wrong and mess up all my work. Anyway I used Moda fabrics and an 80/20 batting - so I was thinking about doing it at 30 degrees but not sure about spin level.

Any advice would be most welcome heart

Thank you

Thread: August Technique Challenge
07/08/2012 18:37:18

BTW check out Bonnie's adventures on **LINK**

07/08/2012 18:35:48

Oh goodness, where to start?! Totally agree with the Bonnie Hunter rec., she's fab. I also like redpepperquilts; modabakeshop and joscountryjunction, Guess these are the top ones but, to be honest, I have 34 'buttons' on my fave bar just for quilty stuff. Oh mdquilts is also worth a look...smiley

Edited By Katy on 07/08/2012 19:04:55

Thread: Altair designs
02/08/2012 18:33:11

Oh heavens, I LOVED these books - could not get enough of them!! The sad part is what I've now found... **LINK** OMG! May have to go shopping....laugh

24/07/2012 20:45:47

Oooo haven't seen this site before...interested in the 99p FQ wall. Unfortunately they don't give any info about the fabric frown If you do order, please let us know smileyrose

Thread: WORD ASSOCIATION PATCHWORK BLOCKS
16/07/2012 06:37:07

dont know knew I shouldn't have had as much fun as I did with this one!!! With Sandy re colour scheme? Also what about a deadline?? I'm currently trying to finish off a wedding quilt (wedding in August) so really would prefer not to have to look to doing anything else before then..... Would try if needed though smiley

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues