By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mini Quilts
28/02/2013 18:07:09

Oh Jill,

that's absolutely delightful! So clever! smiley

June x rose

Thread: Ugly Fabric Challenge
27/02/2013 11:52:45

The Uglies have landed, time to put the thinking cap on but an idea is forming! Have to check my stash to see what I can get to go with them. smiley

Thanks for organising this Alison x

26/02/2013 20:25:09

OH my!!! I need a wee icon showing me dancing with excitement!! teeth 2

Thread: 2013 Birthday Club
25/02/2013 19:38:25

Katy,

thanks for the new album & the reminder of the birthdays! Will definitely help to plan ahead when planning to head off for hols!

June x rose

25/02/2013 07:50:11

Oh Jill, that's lovely, it's definitely got some movement to it ! Well done smiley

June x rose

24/02/2013 19:22:47

Hurrah!! I picked up a leaflet at the show on Saturday, grosvenor shows still have the 2013 challenge on their web site but if you pm me your address I'll photocopy this & send it to you. Oh I've just realised there's an Irene B on the block swap - is that you?

June x rose

24/02/2013 17:55:29

Irene,

this year the theme is Little Landscapes, I think we should BOTH have a go at it!! wink 2

What do you think? Up for a wee challenge?

June (AKA complete nutter!) x rose

24/02/2013 17:03:47

teeth 2 as I said, everyone thinks their own fabric is the worst...very amusing

June x rose

24/02/2013 14:57:27

Caz

no way! wink

June x rose

24/02/2013 14:18:55

Jill,

they're lovely. There were some Journal Quilts at the Show on Saturday. The theme was Memories in Black & White(or something very similar) and three were some very lovely ones. I did think about trying to do something for that comp last year but really wasn't sure about (a) how to interpret it and (b) how to make the JQ itself. Have to say, given the huge variation in interpretation there was, if I had actually managed to make something it would not have been out of place. Though I do think that many of them were of a standard higher than I manage - still something to strive for!

June x rose

24/02/2013 14:12:13

Hi Alison,

that sounds fine to me. Spotted my ugly and have to say I think it is the ugliest of the bunch!! Sure the others will feel the same about theirs though. Good to see what's there though as I'm beginning to think about what I can do...

June x rose

24/02/2013 12:22:18

Thanks Jill, was wondering but hey it's soooo much fun making up your versions!

June x

24/02/2013 10:26:39

Katy,

could we have an album for the pics? Would be lovely to be able to see everyone's pics together, especially by the end of the year. I'm pretty certain we're going to see some fabby FQ's and blocks! Especially if the first two are anything to go by

June x rose

24/02/2013 10:11:51

JillR - will definitely post pics of what I make but I'm quite a slow quilter, so don't hold your breath! smiley

Tessa - it's not a rag quilt. It's a Confetti Quilt using Moda's Trails End flannel - all mooses (?is that the correct plural??) and bears and autumnal colours teeth 2 There's one quilt in front of it in the queue but given it's flannel, there isn't too much hurry to get it done so long as it's done before autumn/winter.

June x rose

23/02/2013 17:59:40

Went to the Spring Quilt Show at Ingliston - well I did have to drive past it on the way to IKEA! IKEA provided new bookcases for my sewing room, 2mtrs of fabric for £10 and a few other sundries. Whilst at the Quilt Show I got a lovely set of flannel fabrics and a snappy pattern from the Seattle Quilt Co but guess what else I found....Paula Doyles Mini Quilts book!! Very successful day!

June x rose

Thread: Quilt Together 2013
23/02/2013 17:43:38

OOoooo can't wait to see what you've got planned for us! Very exciting smiley

June xrose

22/02/2013 20:17:09

Lovely wee quilt Jill, very cute indeed teeth 2

June x rose

22/02/2013 17:43:06

Many happy returns Alison! Hope you have a fantabulous day! cakecocktailgift

June xrose

Thread: Quilt Together 2013
22/02/2013 07:23:40

Margaret

I passed your humble grovels onto my Lord and Master (at least in his mind!). All I got was a contemptuous flick of an ear and a small sneeze....as near as we can figure out Cairnie Speak that means you have been forgiven but he'll expect you to be more careful in future! lol

At least you have a good excuse, the avatar pic is quite small. One of my colleagues who was standing right beside Murdo, turn to me and asked the VERY SAME question!! He got a glare and a grumble from Murdo who them turned his back on him and a sharp quick lesson from me on the differences between the breeds, starting with the issue of colour! Have to say said colleague was very sheepish angel

June x rose

Thread: NEW Moda Hexies!!
22/02/2013 07:16:27

I think I may try them out, though I may end up cutting them into smaller shapes. Perhaps if this size sells well, Moda will consider bringing out smaller hexies teeth 2

June x rose

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues