By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for June

Here is a list of all the postings June has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: How do I do this?
11/04/2013 14:01:59

Hiya, it looks to me like they have sewn two strips together and then cut triangles out of them - not sure what the technique is called but it's often used with jelly rolls. Hope that helps Junerose PS sorry about the lack of paragraphs but my return button isn't working on this - works everywhere else !!!!

Edited By June on 11/04/2013 14:02:45

Thread: 2013 Birthday Club
07/04/2013 14:21:29

Happy Birthday Reenie, hope you have a fabby day! Just found your squishie last night - all safe and sound in my sewing room - silly thing! WIll post it first class tomorrow, sorry for being such a numpty embarrassed June x rose

05/04/2013 18:34:11

Happy Birthday Fiona!

What a wonderful haul! Very lush! laugh

June x rose

04/04/2013 17:57:17

Glad you received it ok Fiona, was concerned it would get held up and miss your birthday. Looking forward to seeing your piccy of all your squishie goodness!

June x rose

03/04/2013 18:01:09

Fiona, posted your squishie today, really hope it gets to you in time!

June x rose

Thread: Sewing bee?
01/04/2013 21:14:48

I was told that the 'bee' part came from an Old English word for quickly, so a 'sewing bee' was something where sewing was done quickly. No idea if that's right or not but I like it smiley

June x rose

Thread: Ugly Fabric Challenge
31/03/2013 14:32:32

Cut off date is the 19th isn't it? Hope so, need a wee bit extra time to finish mine off!! wink

June x rose

Thread: Chat
23/03/2013 16:46:33

That's a wonderful quilt, thanks for posting the link Marianlove

Had a rather lovely morning myself, went to my local fabric shop and got 2mtrs of Moda Grace for just £10! Could hardly just leave it there could I?! They were selling it off as an end of bolt, so got that and another one (2.5mtrs of lovely cream chrysath's) also for a £10. Not bad eh?

Followed this up with a rather scrummy bacon roll and a Venetian hot chocolate topped with cream and a flake! And all this before 11am laugh

June x rose

Thread: Quilt Together 2013
22/03/2013 18:07:39

Winnie,

can you let Denise know that her block arrived today - it's fabulous! Just love the colours laugh please thank her for me. I've got her block ready, just need to get it to the Post Office!

Will post a pic just as soon as I get organised

June xxrose

19/03/2013 18:07:59

Email recieved - 2 squishies just about ready to go; next 2 will be sorted out on Saturday (AKA SHOPPING FOR FABRIC DAY!) lol x

June x rose

Thread: pounce quilt marker
19/03/2013 18:06:15

Have you tried a chalk pencil? Good luck & hope you post a piccy for us to admire smiley

June x rose

Thread: Looking for fabric
14/03/2013 20:40:14

Oh Cathy, they are nice, will definitely bear these in mind, thank you for finding them smiley

June x rose

14/03/2013 07:15:45

Marian,

looked via google but when I put in steampunk fabric uk all I get are the usual stripes/velvets etc which are used to make steampunk costumes. I'm really looking for fabric with gears etc - the 'images' associated with steampunk itself. I may end up ordering from Spoonflower as that does seem to be the only place with the fabric prints I'm looking for but I'll keep looking for something closer to home.

Thanks for looking for me smiley

June x rose

13/03/2013 21:58:58

Hi folks,

I'm trying to source some fabric with a steampunk influence. I've found some in the US on Spoonflower but it's rather expensive, so I wondered if any of you good folks had any suggestions closer to home

Thanks

June xrose

Thread: March New Technique Challenge
03/03/2013 15:58:59

Oh this looks very interesting, not sure I'll be able to do anything this month but definitely something I'm going to try at somepoint. Thank you for bringing such an interesting technique to us smiley

June x rose

Thread: Chat
02/03/2013 20:11:52

Dear Myra,

hadn't thought of subtitles but successfully distracted him by bringing in a bar of chocolate....squeaky noisy toy v chocolate = no competition.

Peaceful night, now watching Men in Black 3...

June x rose

02/03/2013 18:50:46

Thanks Pam, have been taking pics as I went so will be making an album up later smiley Glad that your first fair went well, guess you'll be making lots of Christmas stuff for the November one!

Looking forward to sorting things out tomorrow ... meantime, I think a certain Cairn may have his VERY VERY noisy new toy taken away from him in a mo - we can't hear the tv !!!!

June x rose

02/03/2013 16:50:33

Feeling quite smug this afternoon. Spent a couple of hours putting 3 bookcases together for my sewing room (AKA the spare bedroom). Nothing on the shelves yet, that can wait for tomorrow. Meantime, I'm heading out to get the curry for tea. Good day even if there was no actual sewing involved! smiley

June x rose

01/03/2013 18:05:22

Both there smiley

Thread: Quilt Together 2013
28/02/2013 19:57:26

Never tried this block but think it's lovely. Off to check out my stash.... smiley

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues