By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Margaret Goodson

Here is a list of all the postings Margaret Goodson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Angela's Rhapsody Quilt
07/02/2009 16:47:14
I like the gold best.

Margaret
07/02/2009 16:46:16
That is absolutely stunning!  Just wonderful.

Margaret
Thread: New Swap for 2009?
07/02/2009 16:43:49
I took part in the Batik swap and enjoyed it a lot.
I missed the strip swap where you exchanged 21/2 "strips of fabric and would love to do that one if it ever comes up again.  A Spring theme would be lovely.
Or how about a charm square swap?  There are so many lovely patterns using charm packs.  Small quilts, runners, bags.........
A charm pack usually has about 40 different 5" squares. 

Margaret
Thread: Just Joined
07/02/2009 15:12:51
Hi Janice,
Welcome to the forum - it's great to see you here
I'm sure the experts on the forum will soon have you quilting on your machine like a pro.

Margaret
Thread: Chat
17/01/2009 19:57:43
Happy dancing for you Caz.  I don't know anyone who deserves it more.
Enjoy your new machine.

Margaret
Thread: Have you made any of our featured projects?
05/01/2009 11:09:00

Janet,

How cute is this?  I love your chocolate version of the little quilt and think Annette must be thrilled with it.

Thread: Batik Swap!
05/12/2008 15:57:00

Woweeeeeeeeeee!  My batik squares arrived in the mail today and, what can I say, they are just beautiful..

Before this swap was discussed I had started some applique blocks using batiks on a black background so these new fabrics will just go in with what I already had to make my blocks even more special.

Thanks Katy for setting this swap up, Caz who helped me by shopping for my fabric and to everyone who sent such nice fabrics.  It has quite made my day to receive such a nice package.

What fun!  I hope there will be another swap soon.

Thread: Ask Aunty Babs.
04/12/2008 18:50:00

Hi Babs,

Yes, I buy my fabrics from the U.S. as well.  Are we allowed to say who our favourites are or is that a no no on a sponsored website?

04/12/2008 07:32:00
Thanks Janet - will have a look on eBay this morning.
03/12/2008 17:47:00

Just an update on my quilting dilemma.  I was all set to do  mini quilt sandwich trials but found I only had smoke colour in the Sulky invisible thread which was too dark against the cream fabric..  The clear I had on hand looked to be the stuff Janet told me to avoid at all costs.

No time to order more thread so I ended up having to hand quilt it.  I'd been hoping to get the binding on today but the hand quilting took up a lot of my time.

Good quality clear invisible thread is on my next shopping list.

Thanks again for your help.  It's great to know you are there with answers to all the stuff I don't know!

03/12/2008 08:04:00

Thanks so much Babs and Janet for your helpful advice.  It's fantastic to be able to ask a question and get such a fast response.

I'm going to have a play with a mini sandwich today and will let you know how I get on

02/12/2008 19:37:00

My question is for Babs or anyone who can help me please.

I've done another mini Christmas quilt - hardly more than a big block really but I don't have time to hand quilt it the way I did my last one.

I thought it would be manageable to quilt this tiny quilt on my machine and sizewise it is.  However I do have a problem.  The quilt top is mainly cream and the backing fabric is red so I started with invisible thread on the spool for the top and red thread in the bobbin but little loops of red were showing through on the top of the quilt.  So then I tried regular cream thread on the spool and the red in the bobbin but still the same problem with the tiny loops of red coming up from underneath.

Could it be a tension problem I wonder........

I just don't know what to do and time is getting short.  Can I use the invisible thread on both the spool and  in the bobbin?.  I need help urgently!

Thank you

Thread: Have you made any of our featured projects?
18/11/2008 17:56:00

Yes, I agree Davina.

I used a very thin iron on wadding - Vilen H630.  I use a combination of H640 and H630 (thinner) when I'm making bags.

I wish I had used the thicker wadding for the rotary cutter case.

18/11/2008 17:13:00
Thank you Caz   It's all thanks to you that I was able to make the bag!
18/11/2008 14:13:00
Thank you   The fabric is Moda an older line called Madeira I think...........
18/11/2008 13:54:00

I finally got around to making the notions bag that is in the February 2008 issue of the magazne.

I didn't start my subscription until around September so when I was searching for the magazine back issue Caz was kind enough to send me her magazine.  In addition to the magazine I found a lovely new friend as well!   Thanks Caz!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/mg6000/DSCN0929.jpg

I really enjoyed making this little bag.  This one is a gift but I want to do one for me as well.

I also made a matching rotary cutter holder from last months magazine.  I should have used a heavier weight wadding in it but it's OK for a first attempt.  I'll be making lots more of these.

I love making little things so please keep them coming.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/mg6000/DSCN0927.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/mg6000/DSCN0928.jpg

Thread: Another Christmas Giveaway!
18/11/2008 06:39:00

Thank you Janet

It's not traditional Redwork.  It is what the Australians call stitchery - it's all done in backstitch using two strands of DMC thread with a few lazy daisy and french knots here and there.

I love combining hand embroidery with fabric. 

17/11/2008 15:08:00

Thank you Katy!  Jumping up and down here in glee

Thread: Christmas Projects - What are you up to?
17/11/2008 14:43:00

Congratulations and well done to the lucky winners.

Juliet, I love the three sewing companions you've made!

Thread: Another Christmas Giveaway!
17/11/2008 14:26:00

I wasn't quite ready to take a picture of this yet as am still working on the label but here's a picture of a mini quilt/table topper that I just finished for an exchange.

I used fabrics from the Moda Peace on Earth range and it's hand quilteed.

It's not a great picture but the wording on the stitchery panels read

The night before Christmas

and all through the House

not a creature was stirring

not even a mouse.

<
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1245/4602797/13446126/343517010.jpg

I've had to edit countless times as had difficulting in getting the picture to show up!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues