By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Susan M

Here is a list of all the postings Susan M has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
17/09/2014 05:09:54

Bento boxBeavering away in the background. Finally managed to finish this for my niece's baby - due later this week.

12/08/2014 16:01:43

Hi Jayne,

Hugs from me to add to your collection,

Sorry to hear that your skin is suffering now. I wonder if cotton gloves might help to protect the skin on your hands? I have had hand eczema for about 6 years and I do find that wearing them helps me. Not sure if I can advertise here but I buy mine from 'the healthy house' via the internet.

Best wishes

Susan

Edited By Susan M on 12/08/2014 16:05:54

Thread: Looking for "Herring for Breakfast" Pattern
20/07/2014 17:03:50

Try googling Marjory McKinven.

Thread: Hexagon help
16/07/2014 12:56:08

Hi KayKay,

i bought a metal hexagon template and used a scalpel ( medical instrument ) to cut round it. I used old magazines and cut several layers at a time. Don't use paper that is too thick or you'll make your fingers sore pushing the needle through.

have fun

01/07/2014 06:21:41

Prayers and hugs for you Jayne. I hope your scan yields good results.

All the best,

Susan

17/06/2014 17:56:09

Hello Carol, this quilt is based on one charm pack and one jelly roll plus black and green for the 'frames'. Any use?image.jpg

Thread: Quilt as you go math.
14/06/2014 10:22:34

Good morning and thank you Rosemary I think you have also managed to solve my latest conundrum regarding sashing around quilt as you go blocks. Glad I logged on. Milk but no sugar for me.

09/05/2014 16:44:35

Ladies,

I have just returned from the Kaffe Fassett exhibition at Bath. Wonderful, enjoyed every single bit of it. We also had chance to look around the main museum including some of their quilt collection. Fantastic day.

Susan

24/03/2014 09:18:09

Congratulations Liz.

It's just 6 for me (second time around) but everyday has been wonderful.

Susan

Thread: Hello all. I'm new to the forum.
20/03/2014 12:55:47

Hello Louise,

You've come to the right place. Lots of lovely ladies here and all very helpful and chatty too.

have fun,

Susan

Thread: Worldwide Quilting Day
15/03/2014 16:38:20

image.jpgHow time flies, been sitting on my fat quarters now for about three hours. Have to stop for a while and tidy up for the visitors. My first attempt at disappearing 9patch. It will make a small Linus quilt.

14/03/2014 09:50:43

Very clever,

what about...

11 - all that folding and stroking helps keep your fingers supple.

Thread: The quilt show special this weekend
14/03/2014 09:01:38

Hello all,

Just to let you know that the thequiltshow.com are running a special event this weekend as part of the World Wide quilting day.

You can access all their past shows and classrooms for free.

have fun,

Susan

Edited By Susan M on 14/03/2014 09:02:32

Thread: National Quilting Day
11/03/2014 07:46:07

Just thought I'd have a peep at this old thread to see how everyone got on last year. Some fantastic work. Hope this year is as productive.

Thread: Worldwide Quilting Day
11/03/2014 07:23:39

Hello all,

I joined in last year and did one of the early slots (we did an hour each). The quilt I started was finished off for one of our club challenges ( new technique) and eventually sold at a Macmillan coffee morning.

That's what I call killing THREE birds with one stone. Count me for whatever is decided.

Susan

09/03/2014 20:23:04

image.jpgI hear what you say about the bobbins. I've just finished this quilt, jelly roll and charm pack, both raffle prizes bits from my stash, wadding bought for another project but not used, backing is an old duvet cover, all threads were odds and ends, the only thing I had to buy was the binding. It was just a practice piece but I decided to finish it and use it as a quilt in the garden......

Susan

Edited By Susan M on 09/03/2014 20:27:43

Thread: Quilt Together 2013
28/02/2014 19:24:13

Beautiful Simone,

thrilled to bits to see you used both my curved seam blocks in the finished quilt.

Susan

Thread: Hello lovely people
23/02/2014 10:36:07

Hello,

Just thought I'd add my two pennyworth......

Over the last few years I've only ever used washed cotton with cotton thread and cotton backing with 80/20 wadding.

However..

I am just finishing a quilt using a jelly roll and charm pack, neither of which I can wash, plus some cotton from my stash which has been washed. The wadding is synthetic and the backing is an old poly cotton duvet cover. The whole thing has been pieced and quilted using a large assortment of ends of reel threads some cotton some polycotton.

It is going to be used in the garden and WILL be machine washed.

Watch this space.

Susan

20/02/2014 11:18:39

Phew..

Brilliant, well done girls. I've been reduced to tears by a piece of granite.

My husband was born in Lockerbie so you can imagine how proud we both are.

Looking forward to the men's match tomorrow.

Ah back to the sewing

Susan

20/02/2014 10:20:34

Ah bliss..............

Quilting and watching the curling on my ipad. I think my lines are echoing the hammers.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Janome
lewis and irene
Search Press
C&T publishing
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues