By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Winnie the B.O.L.B

Here is a list of all the postings Winnie the B.O.L.B has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
09/09/2019 21:25:52

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and fabric suggestions. Unfortunately, OHs insisted on steering us in a different direction!!!Margaret/Winnie xx

09/09/2019 08:30:57

Just saw Rosemary’s post!! Been too busy enjoying her super hospitality to check emails!! Going out with her - and her OH of course - to visit either Salisbury or Bath today. Wonder if there are any fabric shops around??!! Love Margaret/Winnie xx

31/08/2019 09:05:44

That sounds like a good idea Brenda. Really keen to try it. Will do it today if I can. Thank for the suggestion. Margaret/Winnie xx

30/08/2019 23:13:45

Hello All - a long time since I've been on here - health/life has been even more chaotic than before over these last months!! However, I saw Rosemary's post about wadding and I too use Margaret S's zigzag method for very small bits - very successfully - but I love the wadding tape even more. I find it gives me virtually "new" wadding with small but not tiny bits. The reason I don't use it for a load of very small bits is really cost - the amount you would need would outweigh the wadding "gains". As I say, I really love the wadding tape - I'm a real fan.

Margaret/Winnie xx

11/05/2019 08:37:36

Hi Rosemary,

She's got it, I think she's got it!!!!

Thanks for the instructions - I found it no problem at all with those. The baskets are just lovely - what a clever idea - the magazine is lucky to have you as a contributor.

Margaret/Winnie xx

10/05/2019 18:05:25

Sorry Rosemary - how do I get the INFO for the JUNE issue - I am only getting April when I click.

Margaret/Winnie x

10/05/2019 18:00:07

Just realised that I WAS looking in the wrong place!!! Off to search for the right place!!!

Margaret/Winnie x

10/05/2019 17:57:49

Hi Rosemary - just had a look as you suggested but I'm not sure if I am looking at the right info! Only name I saw that might be possible was "Chris" - but I don't know "our" Chris's surname!!

Margaret/Winnie x

20/04/2019 22:18:55

And we thought it was a good idea to leave our sun terrace parasols behind us in the Dordogne!!! We actually had to take shade in the house up here in Edinburgh!!!!

Hope you all had your sun screen at the ready!

Winnie/Margaret xx

17/03/2019 23:04:14

Margaret S - I completely agree with you - sore fingers and screaming point don't have a look in! Normally I would have done just that but, as that kind of luck so often has it, my backing was a particularly pretty fabric, chosen after much deliberation and thought (and I had no more) so I was really reluctant to hide it!!!

Hope DH is feeling even better tonight - and even more so by tomorrow morning.

Eileen - first of all - I'll send you virtual good luck with your scan tomorrow - just remind yourself how wonderful your first meal will be when your fast is finished!! As for "frog stitch" - no ignorance involved on your part - it's one of these "daft" expressions used by quilters like me who do lots of unpicking - the relevance is the sound made by frogs - ripit, ripit, ripit - try saying it out loud!

Rosemary and Eileen - any advice to give me re the spray baste - I just don't know what happened on such a relatively small item?

Margaret/Winnie xx

17/03/2019 19:08:26

Talking about time spent at the sewing machine etc! I spent quite a bit of time yesterday doing FMQ on the wee quilt that I made at the FMQ class I was at on Sunday. It is my beginning at that quilting and I had done all the preparation, sample blocks etc so thought I was ready to go - so, off I went. If you do FMQ, you'll know you are advised to stop as little as possible so I tried to be a good girl and did exactly that. I only had the centre "strip" to do today. All well so far!!

This afternoon I went up to my sewing room intending to complete my first effort! Yes, well - I turned it over just to have a look and to my horror, there were two great big "pleats/folds" in the backing fabric!! - I really mean folds - not just little tucks. I had spray basted it - my first time using that too.- and I think I hadn't done it securely and evenly enough and it had shifted! It honestly was too bad to leave it so I spent the whole of this afternoon "frog stitching" it all (28" x 28" - so not as bad as it could have been but I had used "loopy meander" so it was fairly intense!!

Oh well, that's life!

Margaret/Winnie xx

17/03/2019 18:56:08

I hope you get better asap. Colds are such lousy things - they seem to take over your whole body!! Wish your DH a "get better soon" from me.

Margaret/Winnie xx

17/03/2019 18:52:41

The design is very pretty, Rosemary; great to have something nice that can be done in a short space of time. What is the design called?

Margaret/Winnie xx

14/03/2019 08:18:18

Not sure why "I" am so bold and large - didn't think my "return: was all that important!!

Margaret/Winnie x

14/03/2019 08:17:00

Hi Brenda,

My first time back on here for a long while - chaotic life to blame. However, my favourite gadget is my “special” unpicker which is a fairly standard one EXCEPT for the “rubberry” end which is for rubbing on your unpicked seam line and it lifts all of the unpicked threads away. Magic and I wouldn’t be without it now. Hope your quilt day goes well.
Cheers,
Margaret/Winnie
31/12/2018 20:43:30

Thank you for your kind thought Margaret - they makke me feel "warm all over" for my - and your - start to 2019.

Winne xx

31/12/2018 19:01:09

Thank you, Sylvia ,for your Happy New Year wishes - very much appreciated up here in the home of Hogmanay and Auld Lang Syne.

For those of you who know me a wee bit more closely, can I tell you that my fantastic New Year "wish" was a letter just today, with an appointment, 1st February, wit the epilepsy consultant my GP and I had be desperately hoping for. So my somewhat rotten 2018 is coming in as a yippee! 2019 New Year !!!!!!

A very Happy New Year to all my friends - new and old - on this lovely Patchwork friends" group

Love Margaret/Winnie xxx

27/12/2018 17:03:25

Hello Rosemary - you were thoughtful enough to give me the sad news about Sheila on the phone this morning as I had met her both at FOQ and also at your own home. She was a lovely lady and I am very sad for her husband and family. A difficult time for you too - I know she was a very good friend of yours.

A tragic end to a "young" life.

Margaret/Winnie xx

22/12/2018 18:59:20

Thank you Maria for thinking of us - my good wishes for a Happy Festive Season for you too; and to everyone else of course!!!

Love

Margaret/Winnie xxx

Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
22/12/2018 13:06:43

What a difficult job - they're all lovely - and the effort put in is even more important - I just can't do it right now - maybe in 2019!

Anyhow

First - 6

Second - 2

Third - 4

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2019 to everyone

Margaret/Winnie xx

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
Sewing Quarter
C&T publishing
bredons
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues