By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for quilt and patch

Here is a list of all the postings quilt and patch has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
15/10/2015 10:57:35

Thanks Winnie, it was so good that Roy drove us,and as he hadn't used his camera for a while he had to 'think' about it . Also the long walk done us all good and blew a few cobwebs away!

15/10/2015 10:53:27

My surrogate gc. Twins Thomas and Hannah feeding the ducks on the K and A canal!feeding the ducks.Napkin holderNapkin holders.Few things I've been up to recently! Also lots of baby stuff been made must photograph sometime!!

Edited By quilt and patch on 15/10/2015 10:55:13

15/10/2015 10:42:51

westonbirt arboretum 081.jpgwestonbirt arboretum 069.jpgwestonbirt arboretum 068.jpgwestonbirt arboretum 066.jpgHad a lovely day at Westonbirt Arboretum yesterday with hubby and friend! Met The Gruffelo.(for those of you that have read to little ones)dsc_0084.jpgThe colours are just gorgeous at the moment,too many frosts and all will be gone! These are only taken on my mobile phone.Hubbys photos came out better on his camera!!!

13/10/2015 15:24:53

Wow Angela I know a certain son who would love that quilt! It's fantastic!!!

Nice to see you and Di back also Myra , although I don't seem to get on here much lately,always something gets in the way. Off to the Arboretum tomorrow with a friend and managed to persuade hubby to come too so things looking up!!!

08/10/2015 18:35:10

Happy Birthday Margaret (Winnie) Hope you're having a wonderful birthday.love Liz xxcakecocktailrosegifthotheart

07/10/2015 21:26:22

Feel for you Irene, take care love Liz x

Myra your table mat is lovely.x

05/10/2015 21:29:03

Yes Pam although Gail's mother is not alive anymore the book I borrowed from a friend was by her (Gails mother) . Now Gail teaches them herself.She was at our group the other week here in Wiltshire but wasn't talking about the Rose Windows,but showed us a lovely selection of her quilts.

We have a talk by Sandy Lush on Wednesday,really looking forward to that too!

05/10/2015 18:09:59

That's lovely Pam. I wish I had done mine with Gail, but took it on by myself from her mothers book! so took me months,was all hand stitched though.

Love the poppies too Beryl.

x

20/09/2015 21:41:50

Fiona, Next time you are coming this way you must let us know maybe we could have met up when you wanted coffee and the local quilt shop. Rosemary and I have met with Irene a couple of times and please anyone else coming to Wiltshire,please let us know as would love to meet up if possible.

Thread: using fleece
15/09/2015 16:27:56

I sew them inside out first then turn through and sew a zigzag around the edge,then hand quilt in places (dependant on size as to how much) but you do really need to hold the layers together as you would a 'normal' quilt. Make lovely baby ones with fat quarter fabric and fat quarter fleece saves binding!

15/09/2015 16:23:13

When our groups make the hearts we stuff quite full to give support. They are sewn all around as Sylvia's. Our group buys pillows from one of these cheap stores like wilk------ or wilk- as they are often called now. and open them up and use for stuffing.

Love the book ends fantastic!

10/09/2015 08:50:15

Thank you ladies for all your kind messages.

Rosemary,saw your lovely quilt in sues windows. I stood outside with the twins while mum went in for fabric as the double buggy won't go through her door! We'd been shopping for new shoes for the babies,they've grown so much in the year since I first met them.

Thread: Hug Hearts for September (and October)
05/09/2015 14:56:56

Katy and all, thank you so very much for the lovely hug hearts you sent me today,such a surprise! I really was overcome as didn't think I deserved them. I'm sorry I've not been participating in much recently,as have found things hard at times with dh. But this is such a lovely idea. Thank you all again!

02/09/2015 17:49:33

At last I can let the cat out out of the bag so to speak! catI am going to become a Nanny again!!! heartQuilts started already!!!thumbs up

DS 2 and his partner expecting their first in March next year. I've known a while but had to wait until they had their first scan and announced it to one and all on facebooksurpriseThey live in Gillingham Kent so we may not see too much of them here in Wiltshire but I know they will involve us more than ex d-i-l ever did with our first granddaughter,who lives 30 miles away and we haven't seen for 2 years!!

Thread: Marya Mashkanian Sleep Sculptures
29/08/2015 15:20:02

No not my cup of tea either! Sorry Katy but very interesting!!

Liz x

Thread: Winnie's Village Quilt Lottery
29/08/2015 15:18:08

Now if I had know Winnie I would have snuck in Rosemary's luggage! Enjoy your time together xx

29/08/2015 15:16:56

Ouch Margaretsad

We have a local electrical shop closing down,saying people would rather buy cheap and throw away than buy a good quality machine,shame they've been in the town 25 years. No where else in our town to buy that sort of thing .

Winnie and Rosemary and hubby's have a fantastic time together,lots of chat and wine I'm sure cocktaillaugh

Thank you ladies for all the comments on my Rose Window.roseOoops not a rose but never mind.

love Liz xx

Thread: Winnie's Village Quilt Lottery
24/08/2015 15:45:47

Congratulations to all the 'winners' and to Winnie and her 'crew' plus everyone involved from the first ideas to the finish .

You should be so proud Winnie for all your hard work. Maybe a write up for a future Popular Patchwork magazine?

love Liz x

21/08/2015 15:35:21

Hi Pam, It is a variation on The Rose Window a book by her mother, sorry forgot her name as just borrowed a page from the book from a friend.

Gail is very good though we have seen her several times giving talks to our groups,you will really enjoy a workshop/retreat with her. Where are you doing it Pam?

Rosemary the hanging is only about 26 inches square!

Thanks Winnie,it is not as good as it looks honestlywink

21/08/2015 10:43:35

Thinking of you Sylvia,take care Love Liz x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners