By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for quilt and patch

Here is a list of all the postings quilt and patch has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
17/12/2015 09:06:31

Love it Katy thank you.we have star wars fans in family in fact I'm making quilt,will show panel I have started on.just need to take a photo.

Thread: Hello
14/12/2015 20:44:08

Ooooooppppppssssss

14/12/2015 20:43:33

Welcome to all newbies. You are joining a lovely family here always willing to help and share ideas.

Love liz xx

05/12/2015 10:41:00

Went to see the lovely display of 12 x 12 inch rhyme quilts at Midsomer Quilting Chilcompton yesterday,it's on until 21 st December and well worth a visit if you're in the area. Here is my 12 x12.It's from a 1944 book of my hubby's called Rhymes without reason by Mervyn Peake. It goes like this ;

It makes a change.

There's nothing makes a Greenland Whale Feel half so high-and-mighty

As sitting on a mantlepiece In Aunty Mabel's nighty

It makes a change from Freezing Seas (Of which a Whale can tire)

To warm his weary tail at ease Before an English fire.

For this delight he leaves the sea (Unknown to Aunty Mabel)

Returning only when the dawn Lights up the Breakfast Table.midsomer quilting exhibition.

Thread: Show and Tell, Xmas 2015
01/12/2015 09:02:16

Thanks rosemary .x

30/11/2015 19:34:43

Can also use wire coat hangers, pull into circle shape and cover hook first!

Rosemary how do you make the angel with advent dress,can you get all the numbers around the dress?

16/11/2015 08:26:12

Feel for you Mandy,as I have had to do it many times with cats,( it doesn't get any easier) but you done the most kindest thing for him, I don't know if he was old but you would have had lots of happy times with him ,as others say they are our babies and part of the family.But the kindest gesture is to put them out of their misery and pain at the end.

thinking of you love Liz x

Edited By quilt and patch on 16/11/2015 08:26:56

Thread: Bowls
15/11/2015 21:52:32

Sorry my reply to you is late Sylvia, yes Claire is a lovely lady and am sure you will enjoy doing the workshop with her. I've seen a book on bowls but nothing like Claire's. Personal taste know ,but I do love the flowers!!

Take care love liz x

06/11/2015 17:20:04

Thank you Sylvia for contacting Claire about the bowls. I went to the quilting shop again today and saw her there,she told me you had contacted her.

Claire is such a lovely lady and has worked hard on her patterns,so good that we don't abuse the system and copyright by sharing.

03/11/2015 20:16:43

Yes Margaret me and my best friend Sue with our bowls!!

Sorry Sylvia the patterns are copyrighted but you can get them from Claire, just email her from her blog or website. She does pack with fabrics for sunflower, poppy ( we done) poinsettia and another.

They really are not that difficult, we made one at group,as I said I  finished the little one and made the other next day so not long really.

Edited By quilt and patch on 03/11/2015 20:19:33

03/11/2015 18:25:29

midsomer quilting workshop bowls 014.jpgmy bowlsI went to Midsomer Quilters in Chilcompton near Radstock on Sunday and done a workshop with Claire Passmore on Fabric bowls. Mine is the purple one . Claire so inspired me that I came home finished the baby one, then the next day made the 2nd bowl.

They are so nice to do and so effective,you can use different colours top and bottom and turn them as I have for photos.my bowls

Thread: Alpaca fleeces
31/10/2015 08:09:14

Steeple Ashton may be interested,not sure when they meet at old school,but village shop would know contact Valerie Laverick at Keevil. Sorry no other contact details.

Hope you're scarecrow trail goes well,sorry can't make it,surrogate children doing something as family today.

I'm off to a bowl workshop with Claire pass more tomorrow,so need to get everything ready,it's at Midsomer quilting Chilcompton.

27/10/2015 23:19:54

Hi Angela, I do feel for you, when is the baby due? My son and partner are expecting in March and she has a heart condition which they are not sure if the baby may have too,they are monitoring her and all ok so far,but it is a worry.

Aren't scans lovely though to be able to tell us so much about the unborn child.

We don't know yet if it's a boy or girl but it's health and the health of mum so much more important.

Take care x

26/10/2015 10:41:12

Good to see you back with us winnie hope all is well with your son best wishes to him.xx

18/10/2015 11:59:11

baby things.Baby makes , floor quilt (from scraps), swedish baby nest, bag for nappies etc, smaller bag with baby teether /toys, moses basket quilt ,smaller car seat covers,taggies,burp cloth(need to make more),dribble bibs,appliqued lamb. Didn't make the lamb just bought to embroider on!baby things .

17/10/2015 21:31:53

So sorry to hear this Winnie,take care and hope Andy is fit and well shortly.xx

17/10/2015 11:12:49

Just picked up the Mag, Winnie your piece is amazing Congratulations! No time to read rest of it yet as need to get sewing!!

16/10/2015 09:49:15

My Dad and mums side of the family both tall,so guess that's where I get it! Was horrid when I was younger but many more tall people around now. I always got you'll have to put a brick on her head to stop her growing,or whats the weather like up there?

Have a good weekend with your daughter Myra.

15/10/2015 19:55:51

Lovely photos.Autumn is such a lovely time.we've had a few frosts already here,only light ones but it won't take much to bring those leaves down!! Lots of berries too,that's a bad winter isn't it? Batten down the hatches soon then!teeth 2

15/10/2015 12:37:36

Myra, I'm 5ft.11inches. Don't want to meet one my size!! Am sure he'd look big to little people though!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners