By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for quilt and patch

Here is a list of all the postings quilt and patch has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hug Hearts for March
04/03/2016 11:21:20

That's beautiful Fay. Good to see you back with us too!

Hope you are wellheart liz

Thread: QAYG pre printed batting
04/03/2016 11:19:33

Yes very loose wadding in fact as sewing I have to watch the end of foot gets caught in it.

Thread: UFO Zapping 2016
04/03/2016 09:28:29

This was Winnies other cat quilt. Had to throw that cat off first haha!Twin

Thread: Chat
04/03/2016 09:23:59

Congratulations Mandy.malea baby emoticon haha.

Thread: QAYG pre printed batting
04/03/2016 09:20:56

Just wondering if any of you have seen or used the June Tailor quilt as you go pre printed batting?

I along with a friend purchased this recently from our local qs. We thought it would be fairly straightforward to do,but how wrong we were!!!

The design is called Rolling stone block. We are not sure if it is because of the synthetic wadding (we're using walking foot) but we can't get the blocks to line up,even though we both regard ourselves as competent quilters neither of us could manage it. My friend has now decided to scrap the idea and just sew the blocks and add them to warm and natural batting afterwards but that defeats the object.

I have contacted them but they say no one else has come to them with a problem. I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried this.

Frustrated liz sad

Thread: UFO Zapping 2016
03/03/2016 21:44:57

Oh I recognise the fabrics Winnie wink we now have matching quilts . Did you ever show a photo of my lovely one,if not I'll have to grab it off chato and take a photo. X

Thread: Swedish Baby Nest
01/03/2016 09:36:29

Thanks Katy, I basically followed this though did amend certain bits to my liking. I wouldn't say it replaces the moses basket as not suitable really for leaving baby unattended but super as a back up and for taking in car to granny's ,as not supposed to leave them in car seats indoors apparently .

29/02/2016 17:57:07

Thank you all for your lovely words. Angela the baby nest is on you tube as Swedish baby nest.I couldn't find English instructions so just played it over and over jotting down what she was doing.I wasn't sure if it would be used but has been very useful as a short stay place for baby. The edging takes an awful lot of stuffing. I wish your 'baby'all the best,we believe LM has to be on medicine all the time but guess they will know more next month when they go to Great Ormand Street hospital with her.

Love liz x

28/02/2016 18:40:32

She has a double barrelled name of Leah-Marie but I think it won't be long before everyone calls her Leah.

.Her heart problem is inherited from her mum and grandma as passed down the female side.it's called long qt syndrome I'd never heard of it until I met daughter-in-law.

28/02/2016 16:19:48

Baby Leah-Marie 12 days.I have been to Kent visiting our new granddaughter born prematurely by c section. She has a heart problem and is on beta blocker medicine for it but it a little fighter. Shes just about 5 lbs in weight now! Her Swedish baby nest is getting well used made by Nanny Liz of course!Nan and Gran

05/02/2016 09:59:10

Thinking of Fiona todayhearthug 2

Thread: FOQ 2016
30/01/2016 14:42:17

I hope lots more people say they are going winnie I enjoyed going but it's not somewhere I would want to go every year.I prefer the smaller shows like Malvern. You will have a fun time no matter who is there,or not.There's so much to see and do and of course the PP stand and Katy will be a must for you all.

Thread: Hug Hearts for January
29/01/2016 14:33:09

Thats so nice Fiona. Wishing you all the best for 5th.hearthug 2love Liz x

26/01/2016 11:14:44

I did message you via Facebook when you mentioned it but the message from me is still the same take care look after yourself and praying for a good outcome for you and your lovely family. heartliz x

24/01/2016 10:43:20

Winnie,don't think I'm going to foq ,but usually a separate thread is put up FOQ 2016 don't think one has been put up yet,if you make one then anyone going will add their info to it then it won't get lost in chat. Xxxx

Thread: Show and Tell
13/01/2016 19:02:07

Star wars quilt ( not quite finished) for son and fiancee.panel,other pieces added by qayg.Star wars

Edited By quilt and patch on 13/01/2016 19:03:33

Edited By quilt and patch on 13/01/2016 19:04:28

Thread: New Year Greetings
01/01/2016 17:26:50

Happy New Year to you all and may you all have good health and happiness.xx

01/01/2016 17:22:50

Think that is funny Margaret S. Hope hubby said I'm the new neighbour!

Winnie that lightened the mood a bit am sure your sister would have had a chuckle too!

Happy New Year to you all.xx

18/12/2015 21:58:04

Thinking of you all Winnie,sending hugs from Wiltshire xxxx

17/12/2015 09:38:19

star wars fabricsstar wars panel

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners