By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for quilt and patch

Here is a list of all the postings quilt and patch has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
14/06/2016 08:47:49

Hope you are all managing to keep up with th great British sewing bee. Sorry not been able to remind you every week,but maybe some of you programmed it in or can use catch up. As some of you know I have Ben too busy with hubby to be sewing or on here much as can't concentrate on the nice things until we get hubby's big op out of the way. Another step closer with his cpex test yesterday but still awaiting a date!!!

Thinking of you all and trying to get on and read a few posts when I can. Thank you to Katy,Rosemary and Winnie for your continued support. Regards Liz x

12/06/2016 07:58:52

Like you tessa I was zapping and just came across it.in my magazine it's called MAKE! Craft Britain.. bbc4 Tuesday.

Liz x

30/05/2016 17:36:01

It may be a bank holiday Monday for most of us but still don't forget TGBSB tonight at 9pm.

23/05/2016 18:58:15

Sewing bee reminder tonight !

19/05/2016 18:02:21

Cuddle yourself in hugs xxhearthug 2

17/05/2016 07:43:26

Yes it was good,always sad when first person has to leave though.wish they done first show with no one leaving as it must take a bit to get used to.it would annoy me with claidia coming up asking what you're doing!!

Pity most made the dress into skirts,then they get the skirt challenge! But yes it was good and as you say the mix is always good . Shall look forward to next week.

Tessa why not suggest and be the first contestant to do patchwork?!

16/05/2016 21:00:08

Sewing bee on BBC 2 NOW!!!!

09/05/2016 16:17:29

Firstly,it was lovely to meet up and have a coffee and chat this morning with Rosemary in Devizes (we missed you Irene)

.secondly a reminder for those who like The great British sewing bee.... starting at 9pm on Monday the 16th May.

Regards Liz x

03/05/2016 07:41:24

So sorry to hear of your loss Margaret ,they are family and it will hurt,but remember not only the love and enjoyment they gave you but they were both very lucky to have such lovely masters to look after them too. They leave such a big hole in our lives and can never be replaced. I hope you have lots of fond memories of them both to make you smile a little each day when you think of them.

Dd will be moving on from Kidlington very soon,so I may not be visiting many more times,she is going to Milton keynes although will still be working in summertown, working partly from home but going back to the office on occasions. She does want me to visit again I think to help her sort flat out but waiting for hubby to go to hospital for an op so not sure when that will be. Take care both of you. Liz x

15/04/2016 09:05:17

Thinking of you all,sorry I'm not on here often,have problems of our own,though nothing like what some of you are going through,so I do send warming hugs to all who are in need at this time hug 2hug 2hug 2heart

09/04/2016 18:22:39

Best wishes Maria heart

02/04/2016 20:04:22

As we're talking about the new magazine covers,what I don't like is the font now used especially the w and the o. Even the 'Popular' bit doesn't show up very much. I have a subscription as I know a lot of us have but I would think sales may be down if people don't recognise the font with so many other magazines on the shelves I don't think it would stand out. I would make popular stand out as much as patchwork if it was me!

Regards liz x

Thread: Show and Tell
10/03/2016 11:06:35

Make the 10-Minute Tablerunner - YouTube

Edited By Katy on 21/03/2016 11:52:17

10/03/2016 10:57:52

I made one of these very quick table runners last year,not sure if I showed it before but as Margaret put up hers it reminded me. I didn't use any wadding ,very simple to do.quick table runner.

Thread: Hug Hearts for March
07/03/2016 13:23:01

Lovely idea Sylvia x

Thread: New look for Popular Patchwork magazine
07/03/2016 13:16:42

Love the new look mag.

Thread: Chat
06/03/2016 11:00:59

Lovely photo of Sam and your daughter Angela, our thoughts and prayers will be with them on their journey. Hoping for the best for this little one.I can only imagine what you have been through. love always Liz x

Thread: Happy Mother's Day
06/03/2016 10:52:34

Happy Mothering Sunday to all Mothers, Happy Friends day to those who are not Mothers and Happy memories day to those who have lost their Mothers. heartrose

Ive been told by two of mine to check the post 'tomorrow'!!! One out of three not bad I guess !

Edited By quilt and patch on 06/03/2016 10:54:31

Thread: QAYG pre printed batting
05/03/2016 20:30:41

Anyone else tried this? As Katy says can only find good reviews but just don't find it easy at all. Love to know if anyone else has tried.

Thread: Hug Hearts for March
05/03/2016 11:29:29

Thank you so very much for another batch of lovely hearts. I feel awful as I haven't had alot of time to do any myself to pass back to Katy.I really must buy some cream fabric then I should be able to get cracking on some to replenish the stock.

It really was such a surprise and I've decided they will go into a bed quilt for Leah -Marie when she's older.

So thank you again everyone. I know the names are not on them now but you know who you are. Like Winnie and many others have said this is a wonderful group who all pull together for each other. Friends we have never met yet feel are part of our family.

A very special thank you to Katy too who works so hard for us all.roseroseroserose a virtual bunch of flowers for Katy x

love Liz x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners