By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Myra of Cheadle

Here is a list of all the postings Myra of Cheadle has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Block Identification
02/03/2016 10:04:35

Hello Letia, At this rate just make 12 and think of a few more names! TTFN Myra

Thread: Chat
16/02/2016 10:35:20

Dear Winnie

I have just unticked the 3rd party emails and clicked on save and it seems to have accepted it. Hope this helps

TTFN Myra

28/10/2015 11:05:42

Thank you for all the good wishes - had the electricity meter changed today so had to hand sew during that hour I have turned a second star for a hanging decoration. It needs stuffing but then I have to buy ribbon, beads and buttons to finish it off....... Decisions!

Angela, Congratulations to your daughter and your family - a new life is precious. I wish you all the strength needed to deal with the outcome.

Katy, I'm glad you have found a lead and have a tidy room. I am quite organised for today: Washing up done, washing in the machine, ironed some patchwork and have a social group to attend this afternoon when it is half-term break from my P&Q class. That's having to be ready for the meter change at 8 am!

Rosemary, what a good idea with calendars - it is in its box below where this year's is hung - I should find it there!

TTFN Myra

26/10/2015 15:31:14

Dear Katy,

Operation Tidy Sewing room made me laugh! It's nearly 2 years since we moved and operation tidy needs to be applied to the whole house? Actually, the lounge is box-free but I think it's the only room that is?

Good to hear your son is improving, Winnie, hope that progress keeps happening steadily. I seem to recall him being off-shore near Aberdeen, so I have missed a move there?

Fiona, sounds like you had a good time - cadet weekends are good! DD is now staff at a different Unit - just finding her feet: Remembrance coming up and her 1's uniform at home and she wants to attend the parade at her Uni Unit! That will be an adventure - only an hours drive for me to get to her!

DD has gone to Uni but has so much support, one to ones etc that she has little leisure time. She can't join any Student Union outdoor societies because of the dyspraxia and so is quite frustrated.

I am learning to live with an empty nest during the week and to cram 7 days worth of Mum/Daughter time into a weekend...... Not really succeeding yet!

At least I have got some patchwork mojo back......

TTFN Myra

Thread: PP Quilting Calendar 2016
26/10/2015 15:14:14

Dear Rosemary,

The calendar arrived on Saturday morning - thank you - it is great again. I now have to find a place to store it where I will remember to put it up next year! Rather than find it again in about June?!

Weekend are manic as I have to collect dd from Uni, do her washing, help her with study, take her sailing on Sunday morning and deliver her back on Sunday evening. Because choir were on half-term we watched 2 races at sailing rather than go to choir!

It is half-term from my P&Q class so I am making as much of my star hanging decoration as I can.....

Our electricity meter is being changed/updated/put onto daytime electricity/one tariff on Wednesday morning so I am glad I don't have to be out for 1:30. My appointment is 8 - 10 am, is that arrival only?

I will be reading and hand-sewing, cos I can't use anything electrical - then I will reset all the clocks after the hour change!

TTFN Myra

Edited By Myra of Cheadle on 26/10/2015 15:15:02

16/10/2015 09:35:03

All beautiful photos, thanks for sharing them.

Liz you have 3 inches on me 5 foot 8 or 1m 71 ish. Dad and older brother both 6 foot 4. Mum about 5 foot 2. My dd 10 cm / 4 inches smaller than me. Her dad 6 foot.

She is home fro uni at the weekend and we have to go round the rectangular garden identifying flora, fauna and trees. We will start with trees.

TTFN Myra

Thread: Inches or centimetres?
15/10/2015 11:54:48

Winnie,

That is the real point, don't mix cats and dogs or inches and centimetres

Welcome Gillian ☺

TTFN Myra

15/10/2015 11:47:14

Dear Liz,

Lovely set of photographs. Have you a hand on the gruffalo's shoulder? The gruffalo was HUGE when I read his stories to my neice. Or are you very tall?

Line returns back again

TTFN Myra

14/10/2015 12:53:23

Congratulations Winnie and Quilt and Patch, how exciting to be in print and photos I missed the strong language on the a capella choirs... Messaging dd at uni. Fire Drill practice this morning, she was not happy on her first lie in day :- The magazine looks great for inspiration this month, glanced while having lunch and the patchwork cards for next month look interesting too. TTFN, I need to set off at 1 pm Kind regards, Myra.  PS my tablet is not allowing new lines today, sorry! 

Edited By Myra of Cheadle on 14/10/2015 12:54:54

13/10/2015 21:03:24

Thank you for all the compliments on my table mat. I am glad (where's Pollyanna?) you are inspired, Pam. Another newbie cut the same fabrics from the donations box for a raffle prize. That's two of you I have run out of thread until tomorrow afternoon so I shall have to watch Gareth Malone and his a capella choirss, with a strong language warning? TTFN Myra1

tmp_22047-20151013_2046431463000729.jpg

13/10/2015 20:09:01

Ooohh, Tessa and Carol, is that Patchfinders in Poynton? I went to them in Hazel Grove in the summer when they were closed, now they have moved from Cheadle Hulme I have not managed a visit but the Wilmslow Guild group have filled me in on which road to take a the crazy crossroads: head south to Macclesfield and it's near the Vernon Arms. However, being teetotal I don't look for pubs: I will have to rely on the fabric antenna that are finely honed. TTFN Myra

Thread: PP Quilting Calendar 2016
13/10/2015 14:33:50

Dear Rosemary,

May I have a calendar, please?
I have my cheque book, a pen and stamp. Envelopes are in the dining room so I will combine them all before I jead to the village just before 4 pm . Thank you for arranging this again Kind regards, TTFN Myra

10/10/2015 19:10:46

Dear Quilt and Patch and Winnie,

That is great Liz, well done.

TTFN Myra

08/10/2015 20:55:44

Happy Birthday Margaret (Winnie) gift cake cocktail or tea from me.

Sylvia, I don't know - but run a virus check or block pop-ups?

I am back to my laptop since my tablet has gone on respite care. I took it to Thursday at One to show them a crafternoon e-mail that I couldn't download? Well, Chris (IT expert) downloaded it a few more times and realised that it needed to use/open Adobe to view any of the downloads.

I passed my tablet to Lorna, who thought a crafternoon sounded good and put my tablet on the piano - I suggested my bag since we were clearing up. After I headed home via the bank as I went to pick my bag from the passenger footwell I realised where the tablet still was.... Tried to phone Lorna - on answerphone. Tried to get hold of someone at the Church - website not available..... New phone book - no number listed.... Tried another Church nearer to me and got hold of the pastor; meanwhile Lorna phoned back from the office saying she had put it safe/secure in a cupboard and, since the office closed at 5 pm and I'd not got enough time she'd sent emails to staff to explain I will collect it in the morning.

Anybody else's tablet been for respite care to an office overnight? No, jjust me then.

TTFN Myra

07/10/2015 12:24:50

Irene, posts not costs, we were both wrong! I have just spent quite a while trying to ipload a photo using my tablet of the before table mat. Seems to be there below..... TTFN Myra

tmp_11941-2015-10-07 12.12.01-971478781.jpg

07/10/2015 12:01:11

Dear Irene, take care of yourself, an extraction needs recovery time. Winnie has made a better joke about your typo so I will send warm wshes and a bowl of tomato soup, not too warm for you.

I have been preparing for my patchwork and quilting class this afternoon, it's week 3.
I have made an Ohio Star block in Chrismxx fabrics for a table centre. Quilting to commence this afternoon?

I have also managed to cut and tack some diamonds at our Sewing Social on Monday. Since dd want to uni 4 weeks ago I have managed to make a meeting. They go to fortnightly meetings so not long to the next one. I am in the process of sorting out my Projects in Progress ( no, they are UFOs) and have found 16 blocks of a 20 sampler quilt. I will keep looking and tackle the finishing quiting in gold thread for my advent calendar first!

Ooops, no TTFN Myra

Edited By Myra of Cheadle on 07/10/2015 12:02:07

Thread: ATC Swap 2015
13/08/2015 20:12:07

Dear Thimble, I posted your Scales (June) ATC yesterday, keep an eye out for it arriving. TTFN Myra

Thread: Guess the Movie
05/08/2015 19:47:17

I got Cassablanca as I was logging off yesterday! I liked the green valleys but forgot the film title.

Been shopping for uni stuff for dd and then onto halls and town for a visit. Setting up living skills support today, met two support workers 90 mins each. Third one next Friday. Good job she's only 45 mins away (going) and an hour return!

TTFN Myra

05/08/2015 08:27:29

Brenda, these are great! I get braveheart, bladerunner and Billy Elliot. Need to think about some of the others. .. TTFN Myra

05/08/2015 01:29:51

Reenie, I have looked at your link from the E-mail but had to remove the .com bit before Daily mail and delete the 20% s and others back to it ending in html. On the forum your post box is empty? I am glad that quilting has been recognised now as good, something we have all known a long time..........TTFN Myra, still seeking some mojo....

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues