By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Myra of Cheadle

Here is a list of all the postings Myra of Cheadle has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Margaret's Quilt
21/09/2011 06:39:09
Dear Margaret S

A lovely - finished - sampler quilt! Mine is still an UFO. I did 20 blocks in 2009 - and am converting them into a "My SPQJ - 20 squares done from Lynne Edwards' books in 2009 - being adapted into a Sampler Patchwork & Quilting Journal from January 2011. Mum died on May 1st - so some pages have been delayed since P & Q skills seemed to leave me for a while!" I chose blue, purple and scarlet as my colour theme - but chose too many fabric variations within this theme for it to become a Sampler Quilt.

From a posting to UFO's for 2011...
No, make the deadline Saturday 24th September - since that is my birthday!!!! My UFO list.... A quilt for DD - she grew out of her first one about aged 12.. so I began her a larger one.... she's 16 on January 4th.... and the SP&QJ.

I think that's all?
I'd better re-thread my sewing machine - the bobbin ran out.... so I filled that up but used up all the thread on the cotton reel . Then I MIGHT do some quilting by machine on it - much quicker than by hand.
TTFN Myra in Gatley - not too many others awake at 06:30?
Thread: UFO Zapping 2011
21/09/2011 06:31:51
Dear Jan (et al)

No, make the deadline Saturday 24th September - since that is my birthday!!!! My UFO list.... A quilt for DD - she grew out of her first one about aged 12.. so I began her a larger one.... she's 16 on January 4th.... My SPQJ - 20 squares done from Lynne Edwards' books in 2009 - being adapted into a Sampler Patchwork & Quilting Journal from January 2011. Mum died on May 1st - so some pages have been delayed since P & Q skills seemed to leave me for a while!

I think that's all?

I'd better re-thread my sewing machine - the bobbin ran out.... so I filled that up but used up all the thread on the cotton reel . Then I MIGHT do some quilting by machine on it - much quicker than by hand.

TTFN Myra in Gatley - not too many others awake at 06:30?

Thread: Designing Blocks
20/09/2011 14:39:46
It's OK folks - I've realised both of my mistakes! One - this was from July - so, if I'd have gone to the end I would have known prizes had been sent..... Two - my scan is not saved as a jpeg image and therefore can't be used..... Now I know my next problem to solve!

20/09/2011 14:24:44
Wow, this is really interesting - how our initial ideas and thoughts on even one word - summer - produce blocks and block plans from almost nowhere! Summer to me is bucket, spade, sea and sand! (Oh, and a yellow sun with rays coming out from it!)
I'm trying to add an image - scanned it using the printer (PSC!), saved it, typed the name in - but no image? OK - where did I go wrong?

Myra in Gatley

Thread: Christmas Surprise
07/09/2011 21:00:33
Dear Marlene,

Beautiful. I've not really done anything truly Christmasy since my Daughter's advent calendar! She was born 4th January 1996 - and she has used it every year since! Fortunately she's an only child as sharing could have been difficult?

Kind regards - and looking forward to seeing your progress

Myra
Thread: New techniques and challenges
06/09/2011 18:28:59
Dear Katy,

Good to have you back from holiday - and to have found some support for the next time you are off - if needed. But - what is square dance? I guess what I've called square-in-a-square - and easy design to patch and then quilt. I have updoaded some photos - I think the square one is in there because it was the first completed page of my Journal. I have 19 photos converted to jpeg (thanks, Collin) but I've only uploaded 14 as yet.

Kind regards

Myra

04/09/2011 07:20:58
I guess the vote has been finalised? I vote Origami - 52% - but the discussion seemed to overturn this to Sun? Not sure I understand that - but then again I'm an Accountant/Bookkeeper!!!!! Still not sure how patchwork, quilting, accountancy and bookkeeping are connected?
Myra

01/09/2011 18:35:24
Hello everyone - Myra again.

The best patchwork of the summer was one Nimble Fingers where I was working on the back of a Dresden Plate - and a lady passing said how nice it looked. Well, I was speechless! (Or insulted?) No, it must have been a compliment.

Well, the finished Dresden plates are pages 15 and 16 - light 15, dark 16.

Next nicest was sitting outside Castleton YH - on Castle Street (!) Patchworking and just enjoying the warm evening. It was Bell-practice night which is Tuesday in Cheadle - usually on a Nimble Fingers' evening!

Daughter and I "Went Ape" at Sherwood Pines on the 2nd August........ Nice! I really enjoyed it - but there were some unpleasantries towards the end - but the last slide was superb!

TTFN

Myra

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2012
27/08/2011 19:36:41
Greetings - I've only just passed FOQ 2011 - and people have booked rooms for 2012? No wonder I missed this year - My Mum died on May 1st - and still on August 27th probate has not yet been granted and I went to the local uniform stockist to buy my daughter's for September - only to have my debit card refused. I was embarrassed for myself - and no family to head to - only my "ex" mother and sister in law. At least I got a cup of tea and a cheese toasty!
My Mum, daughter and I came for the day in 2009 - but then Mum has been too ill for trips. We'd booked The Lion King for last October half-term and daughter fell awkwardly on the trampoline at school - trip cancelled! I booked in June this year - Lion King - 2 tickets £150 - and I got an e-mail on the Monday - had I enjoyed it? I booked the wrong dates. By August savings have run out so - no London trip again. Not the best summer ever for holidays?
Perhaps We'll make it in 2012 - Which night(s) have you booked?

Thread: Book Trail
04/08/2011 18:19:59
Dear all,

I get the idea this is a fiction library between patchworkers and quilters? May I join in? BUT I don't really understand the Private Messaging bits etc. I know about Post Offices and I am within easy - less than 5 mins walk of my local PO. We have a letterbox and receive post - too many bills and not enough reading! However, at our local library my daughter and I meet 2nd and final Tuesday evenings for "Nimble Fingers" - any craft activity, a drink and biscuit, and the chance to change your library books! Any others know of a similar events in Libraries? Our next on will be 9th August and 30th August 2011.

Mary Gatley.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues