By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for JillR

Here is a list of all the postings JillR has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: No Jelly roll here!!
02/06/2011 22:23:13
Hi Tessa, where in cumbria are you?. My sister , who is responsible for my quilting bug, lives there.
Thread: Chat
02/06/2011 22:19:18
Great cushion.

I always use calico for my Redwork.. I try to buy a preshrunk one as it does shrink a lot.
Thread: No Jelly roll here!!
02/06/2011 21:05:32
Hi Martine. I got my jelly roll today. I caused quite a stink about it, but it seems to have worked.
31/05/2011 09:43:22
I've added my vote
29/05/2011 20:15:54
Thanks ladies. I have made quite a few throws with shirts. Most have only been backed with a fleece as they are good to snuggle up with on the settee. I have boxes of shirts under the beds all trimmed of the cuffs, collars etc. have to have loads as you never have the colour you want. I go car booting for them as you can still get them for 50p or £1 there. The charity shops have got expensive. Blues are easy to get, but the browns and greens I like are more difficult. I only buy cotton ones.
29/05/2011 19:45:43
I thought I would try putting a photo in, Google Chrome has been slow all day for me.
I have spent the weekend using old shirts to make this. I am just going to back it with a fleece.
Thread: A Tisket A Tasket
29/05/2011 10:55:32
Have you posted the patterns. I have found them on my computer so I may be able to email them out. Well the stitchery and applique patterns, not the finished quilt
25/05/2011 16:26:22
Thanks Katy. An explanation initially would have saved all this. still it should make things better for people in future.
25/05/2011 13:21:13
Katy didn't realise my account no had gone on can you delete it please
25/05/2011 13:20:08
Hi Katy

For me the 28 WORKING DAYS is only just about up, but that was not clear from the advert. It was not clear what the time frame was from the first phone call about it. An explanation then would have stopped this unpleasantness. Also ( you have cured it) the difficulty in contacting was an issue.

A response to my first email with an explanation could have also stopped it, but they now say they have no record of it. I saved the automated response.

Send us an email submitted at 04/05/2011 14:54:55
Your Enquiry Number is:1059906 
Then no call back when promised!!!!  
All this sums up to a very poor customer service system.
I now have some sort of round about answer. 
But it is still very poor customer services.

Edited By Katy on 25/05/2011 13:30:14

Edited By Katy on 25/05/2011 14:02:44

Thread: Submit your event listing here
23/05/2011 16:03:36
County - South Yorkshire
Title - Bawtry and Austerfield Quilt Festival
Dates - Friday 24th - Sunday 26th June 2011
Details - Open Fri/Sat 10 - 4, Sunday 11 - 4

Quilt displays in two medieval churches in the heart of "Pilgrim Fathers" country.
Refreshments available in the church hall. Trade Stalls, Quilt raffle, bag Tombola.

Admission £3 (accompanied children free)

St. Nicholas Church, Bawtry. DN10 6HR
St. Helenas Church, Austerfield. DN10 6QU

Thread: hogs
23/05/2011 15:52:17
One of my favourite bags has got a hedgehog square on it. Would love to find some hedgehog fabric for a quilt.

I think your hedgehogs are great. Do you have a bit of a sanctuary? We regularly have hedgehogs around in the garden.
22/05/2011 18:34:10
Hi Kim - the hospital where I had my twins, 30 + years ago !!!!

The Bawtry show is Friday 24th, sat, 25th and sun 26th. Fri and sat 10 -4 and Sun 11 -4.

Quilts are on display in Bawtry church and Austerfield church. A few stalls in Bawtry church hall. Admission is £3.

I am not sure yet when I will be going as I will have to help and my sister will be down that weekend.

I went 2 yrs ago to the show and signed up then for the group. I originally started at Hannah's Room at Brierley nr Barnsley.

Did you know there was now a small quilt shop at Markham Grange nursery, just off the A1 at Redhouse roundabout . It is only small, but she has wadding, and a nice small range of fabric.

Tomorrow is putting on the 5th and last row iof my sampler quilt for the show. Then I have the borders and binding. I hope to get it finished.

Jill
22/05/2011 17:34:26
Hi Pam

I live in Doncaster.( Scawsby )and go to the Bawtry quilt group. We have just started a new quilting group on Monday evening at Capsmount. It is a bit daunting as most are new and my skills are limited but I am showing most what to do. The new group has just been going 2 weeks.

Jill
22/05/2011 17:18:38
Hi Pam and Kim.

I saw your mention of may be going to the Quilt exhibition in Bawtry. Do you live close? With luck, if I get it finished the sampler quilt I learnt on ( started 2004) should be finished and on display there.

Jill
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues