By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Claire Bear

Here is a list of all the postings Claire Bear has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
28/06/2017 20:52:27

Hi Winnie,

Sending hugs to Simone and Denise.

Winnie, let me know when Simone receives her block from me and I will post a picture.

Thanks Claire face 23

Thread: Bags bags bags.
23/06/2017 20:29:47

It was a labour of love but well worth it.

Claire face 23

23/06/2017 07:09:13

I have recently finished this bag from a Lynette Anderson pattern. I'm really pleased with it.

img_6846.jpg

Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
23/06/2017 06:58:42

Count me in too Rosemary.

Gotta keep the pressure on. face 23

23/06/2017 06:56:15

Sheila and Simone,

Your blocks will on their way to you this morning.

I had a lovely day off work yesterday and caught up with some of my sewing.

Claire x face 23

Thread: Chat
18/06/2017 18:40:44

I too read the article and just feel sad that in the 21st century people feel the need to persecute and exclude people that don't subscribe to someone else's way of thinking. Personally, I think there is so much bad in the world, tolerance and acceptance should be practised much more.

I think also the realisation that people in power sometimes just say things to get a sound bite rather than actually meaning what they say should be realised by Joe public more. I personally feel lucky that I live in a mostly liberal country that is accepting and allows people to live their lives as they wish.

I also feel sad about how unhappy people are feeling on the forum. I love this place and chatting to you all has pushed me to get on with my quilting and improve as a quilter. I too feel that the missing bag issue and that the issues are getting a bit samey does make me question whether I will continue subscribing.

Emma - thank you for the post. It's nice to know you are out there. For me there is so much exciting creativity going on. Right now I'm following works by Lynette Anderson and Gail pan who combine quilting with stitcher you. Also there is a Russian quilter called Lolenya who makes beautiful little Japanese Patchwork items. It would be lovely to have some varied projects big quilts with other smaller projects.

Well now my monologue is over I just want to say I would hate to not see all you ladies beautiful work and inspiration. Maybe we should create a Facebook group to keep the love going!

Big hugs

Claire xx

Edited By Claire Bear on 18/06/2017 18:42:19

14/06/2017 13:25:15

Beautiful Orphans quilt Kimmers.

Rosemary - no bag issue!!! I used to love the bag issue. I didnt realise the subscription had changed. Disappointed really. sad

07/06/2017 23:01:58

Carol - you know me well. cheeky

Thanks Winnie - hope you have a lovely holiday x

06/06/2017 21:15:40

Awww - Winnie you beat me.

Your Owl is beautiful and I love the colours that you used.

All of the blocks re gorgeous and there are going to be some beautiful quilts at the end of this swap. face 23

05/06/2017 13:04:16

Hello Carol,

Your Owl block is on its way. It can race Winnies block to see who gets there first.

I apologise again for the delay, I keep telling my husband that I need to give up work so I can concentrate on my sewing. He's not caving though.

Claire xx

14/05/2017 20:37:51

Winnie,

I have long suspected that I have a unknown doorway that connects to a blackhole or some distant part of the galaxy.

I had a whole series of gorgeous patterns from a wildlife themed sampler quilt and one of them was a lovely owl. I can now only find the badger and all the others have been sucked into the ether. It is so frustrating.

LOL!

12/05/2017 17:37:32

Hi Carol,

I must apologise but I am also behind with your Owl block. I had a really nice pattern from a previous project and have spent the last 2 weeks trying to find it. I have obviously filed it in my very safe place....grrrrr!

I'm on holiday for a few days to celebrate my birthday but once I'm back, I will crack in with your block.

Hugs Claire x

Thread: Newbie here
26/04/2017 22:35:54

Welcome to the forum Rachel. We have a lovely bunch of ladies on the forum who are always willing to help.

I love your quilt, gorgeous colours.

Claire wink

Thread: Show and Tell
26/04/2017 22:33:05

Some cracking quilts and kits ladies. Beautiful work. wink

26/04/2017 22:29:27

I'm guessing Danny received her block, so am posting a picture.

img_5992.jpg

18/04/2017 22:44:53

Lovely place mats Brenda. The colours go so well together.

Claire x

16/04/2017 18:40:11

Thanks Rosemary. Here is the Crazy Patchwork block I made for her. Even though it was fun to make it was also frustrating but one to do again.

img_5991.jpg

16/04/2017 18:35:42

I have finally finished the Songbirds garden kit which I started at a Lynette Anderson Stitch the Day away class last year. I'm really pleased with it.

img_6110.jpg

16/04/2017 18:32:51

Gorgeous colours Lexy. A really beautiful quilt.

Claire x

Thread: Easter ATC
16/04/2017 18:31:55

Lovely ATC's everyone.

Happy Easter xxx

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
C&T publishing
Sarik
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues