By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sandy

Here is a list of all the postings Sandy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Recycled Charm Square Swap
10/04/2011 13:05:55
Oh Margaret it is beautiful - well done.
Thread: Chat
09/04/2011 03:43:21
here is the R xr with my row at the top.

09/04/2011 03:35:00
Thank you Kate. I think I have enough here in Canberra to do. I am trying to finish off a Postcard and a trading card plus a few other things - like some university marking!!!
I did finish my row for a row by row community quilt - it worked out really well.
I will put it and the other rows in my album.
Sunny and warm here in Canberra, Australia with rain tomorrow.

Thread: UFO Zapping 2011
05/04/2011 11:49:22
Double wow! Maybe this is what I can do this year and post on this site. Those darstardly UFOs. Great work everyone.
Sandy
Thread: Chat
05/04/2011 11:45:49
Hi Katy, I am new to this site and was wondering if there are any swaps starting this late in the year? I wish I had found this site in january - maybe next year.
Cheers
Sandy
Thread: Wedding Scrap Quilt
05/04/2011 10:45:29
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. The wedding quilt was my first BIG quilt - about 7' x7'. An experienced quilting friend helped me and did the final quilting. It took about 5-6 months off and on - from spring until early autumn - it was a late gift due to the HOT summer we had last year 2010 and the wedding preparations but our daughter and her husband use it all the time. The wedding was early March - hot, wet and humid but a great day with guests from all over Australia.

I have added m my row of a Row by Row quilt. I was given the background strip and had to include a red rectangle. Again I used only scraps - the red floral roof of one of the houses was left over from cutting out a circle! Again thank you all.
Thread: Margaret's Quilt
30/03/2011 11:45:54
Margaret, I agree with all the other comments. You are inspiring me to complete my sampler quilt.
Thread: Recycled Charm Square Swap
30/03/2011 11:19:02
Thank you Irene. I will add some photos now. What a great idea to use our old clothes. Here in Australia there is a strong history of making quilts or waggas - from left over and used woollen fabrics and wheat/chaff and flour bags, etc. A friend had one made from rabbit skins and some old chaff bags when he was a child in rural New South Wales.

Happy stitching
Sandy

30/03/2011 11:01:57
I am with you Pam - down under but in Canberra, Australia. Nice wines from our region - keep picking.
have fun quilters
Sandy B
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues