By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sandy

Here is a list of all the postings Sandy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
30/01/2016 08:02:59

Firstly sincerest apologies for the late arrival of my Feb squishes.

They will be in the post on Monday.

Our life here in sunny??? thunderstorms Canberra has been hectic - our son is finally over in Western Australia with their pet cat - yes we helped him pack up their home for their 6 month stay over in Perth - AND our daughter and her family (hubby, 3yo daughter and 3 month son) have gone home after 2 weeks in the Canberra.

Guess what our home is quiet again but we have a load of washing! Tomorrow I am going to be knee deep in my stash - what fun. Sandywink

Thread: Hug Hearts for January
30/01/2016 07:58:01

All the best Fiona for the op and wish you a speedy recovery with a good result.

Sorry I have been away from the PP site for so long - family is really filling up our time and it is wonderful but tiring.

The latest news about my Hubby is that his latest blood test shows the prostate cancer is under control/slow growing at this stage. He is now on a hormone blocker - and except for the hot flushes is fine. Just imagine 2 people getting them in a household but of course we cannot synchronise! But we can laugh about it.

I still have my hearts and now the young family has gone back to their home, I am planning some sewing - at long last. I have had so much play time with my 3 yo granddaughter and nurses with my 3 month old grandson of the last 8 days. All the best to everyone and happy sewing.

xx Sandysmiley

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
05/01/2016 11:34:05

Fantastic Rosemary - a beautiful quilt top. smiley Sandy

15/12/2015 10:54:07

Hi Rosemary, Your squishy is on its way from sunny Canberra.

All the best for a wonderful, safe, happy Christmas to everyone in this PP group.

I am actually getting some sewing done this year - a patchwork cushion cover and a faux fur tail for 3 year old Lucy as a dress up. Also the cushion covers for my son and his wife (last year's Xmas gift after they arrived home from Xmas in Europe).

My challenge for 2016 is to design, start and finish their quilt I was asked to make for their wedding - just 2 years late. Oops! Cheers Sandy

Edited By Sandy on 15/12/2015 10:54:30

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
16/11/2015 06:35:30

Found 2016 - hooray - hmmm 4 x 5" squares - sound very interesting indeed. Katy please include me and I will email you my details?

Cheers Sandy

16/11/2015 06:31:47

Hi Everyone, I am wondering if I did see a post about PPBC 2016 or am I dreaming? By the looks of beryl's reply I must have seen it. So pleased me to the list. 10 inch square has been so easy to organise here in Australia.

Cheers Sandy - colour preference is coming hmmm!indecision

07/11/2015 22:30:14

Happy Birthday Beryl. I am back home now after nearly 4 weeks in Queensland (over 600km away from here) helping my very pregnant daughter before, with and after the birth. I did get to play with my grand daughter every day though! I had only planned to be there 2 weeks at top.

The baby was born 12 days overdue, at home in a pool with a midwife at 10.45 pm. A very quick birth just under 3 hours and the first home birth experience for me. She gave birth to a little boy, 4.46 kg (9.5 lb) and 34cm in length I think. It is all a bit hazy at the moment.

I will post your squishy tomorrow Beryl. A late birthday gift. Enjoy your day.

Sandy

05/10/2015 05:27:02

Thank you Alison I have received your email.

29/09/2015 13:32:14

Hi Everyone. I posted my squishes before the weekend - hope they get there soon. Spring is here and it is slowly getting warmer (and windier) except for the cold snaps.

Cheers Sandy

01/09/2015 05:39:18

Hi Katie, a late early spring Happy Birthday greeting from me. Hope your day went beautifully. rainbowSandy

Thread: ATC Swap 2015
18/08/2015 13:30:53

Lovely ATCs ladies - well done.

18/08/2015 13:28:57

Happy belated Birthday wishes to the Birthday Babes. I have been unwell and not up to posting emails lately. Antibiotics are amazing and I am feeling so much better.

All the best for the Fall we are waiting for Spring - the gas heating bill was the worst it has been for years - a very cold winter for us here in Canberra.

x Sandy

30/07/2015 06:59:48

A late happy birthday wish from me Fay and Jay. Also thank you Jayne - your squishy arrived yesterday - a lovely blue 10" square and cute card.

Still winter here - grrrrr. But the days are getting longer - hooray. smiley Sandy

27/07/2015 07:19:49

My August squishes are in the post too. By the looks of it all my July ones have arrived - whew! LOL

How is summer? We are in the depths of winter and that wind is so fresh - grrrrr.

Happy sewing

Sandy

09/06/2015 08:50:35

Katy I have received the 3 July birthdays email.

Diane, just heal - we do not mind. Take care.

Cheers Sandysmiley

Thread: ATC Swap 2015
26/05/2015 11:59:03

The doors are wonderful ladies. AS yet I am short of time to get involved - moving stuff so the interior of the house can get painted - so much stuff!! LOL Sandy

26/05/2015 11:57:10

Many happy returns Tina and Carol. Hope your birthdays are great fun and the sun shines. Cheers Sandy giftcakehot

07/05/2015 23:11:01

A Happy Birthday greeting from me too Cathy. Unwrapping gifts is so much fun - enjoy. cake

29/04/2015 07:34:11

Hi Chris your squishy arrived today - thank you so very much. No rain today but I have planted my Spring bulbs (Autumn here), harvested my basil and made a pesto base for the freezer and weighed my green cherry tomatoes. 1 Kg (2 lb) did not ripen - very different summer compared to last year.

So pleased it has arrived Glenda. I am hoping the rest of the year is not as frantic but most likely not - grand daughter will be having a cochlear ear implant at the end of August and the baby is due October plus the young family are moving in a months time. Our son and his wife are applying for new jobs - lots of change in the air. Hope everyone is well and enjoying Spring. Cheers Sandy

28/04/2015 13:20:24

So pleased mine has arrived Chris -what a wonderful selection of colours. Happy belated Birthday, x Sandy

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues