By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pollyanna Patchwork

Here is a list of all the postings Pollyanna Patchwork has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Downloadable Patterns - How much?
14/02/2012 18:46:05
Marlene,

Do you long-arm as a business? If so can you send me details please?

Will have plenty of samples to get quilted I hope!

Al x
Thread: Jelly Roll Quilt
14/02/2012 10:43:47
What a fantastic quilt! I LOVE your choice of fabrics.

This idea is doing the rounds at the moment and I think they are perfect for a quick gift or charity quilt.

Alas, too much fabric and not enough time!

Happy Stitching!

Al x
Thread: Denim Delights
14/02/2012 06:33:09
I've got at least 6 pairs of jeans waiting to be "repurposed" - I'll see if I can rustle something up in the timeframe.

Another excuse to put off what I should be doing! :D If anyone wants a leg or something, just let me know and I could pop one in the post!

Edited By Pollyanna Patchwork on 14/02/2012 06:34:07

Thread: Downloadable Patterns - How much?
14/02/2012 06:27:29
Is anyone up for some pattern testing then when they are ready? It won't be for a little while yet though.

I've got plenty of beginners taking classes at the shop but never thought to ask more experienced quilters though! Doh!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and post your thoughts. Please keep it coming if you think of anything else!

Happy Stitching!

Al x
13/02/2012 08:02:00
Thank you all for your feedback to so far.

Janet, I too hate 1 page patterns and have been disappointed myself many a time, probably one of the reasons I'd like to try and have a go just to do things better! After all 1 pattern = 2 FQ's!

As for pricing, it varies so much! So does quality but I have been thinking about ?3.75 each or 3 for for ?10

How does this sound to folks?

Happy Stitching,

Al x
12/02/2012 09:59:21
Hi all,

I'd like some feedback please if that is OK?

I am in the process of writing up some of my quilt patterns as well as those of some others and would like to offer them for sale on my website as instant downloads.

The thing is, I have no idea what to charge for them.

What do you guys think is reasonable?

Also, what sort of extras and things do you like to get with your patterns? I.e. Is it helpful to have a range of sizes, basic sewing information, different colour options shown etc.

Any help and insights would be gratefully received.

Thanks an advance,

Al x
Thread: New Year, New Website at Pollyanna Patchwork.
16/01/2012 17:00:42
I've now added the Makower Itsy Bits range and some more Quilters Basic Memory fabrics.

Still just ?7.50 per metre. Free Delivery for orders over ?30

Happy Stitching!

Alison xx
02/01/2012 14:54:11
Hello everyone!

The new Year symbolises an opportunity for rejuvenation and renewal. With that in mind, I have made some changes to my website as well as my online pricing.

So why not take some time to think about rejuvenating and renewing your fabric stashes?

I carry a great range of basics to compliment your existing stash. I have over 100 KONA Cotton Solids, over 50 Makower Spraytime and over 60 STOF Quilters Basic Memory fabrics all at just £7.50 per metre!

New stocks are arriving such as Makower Itsy Bits and the Kimono range later on in the month and they too will be priced at just £7.50 per metre.

I'd really appreciate your comments and feedback so that I can make my website as easy to use and useful as possible.

Happy Stitching!

Alison
Thread: Submit your event listing here
30/06/2011 12:28:43
This summer I celebrate my 3rd birthday and I would love for you to come and celebrate with me!

Please come visit on Friday 22nd July or Saturday 22nd July 2011 between 10am and 4pm and see our new classroom, preview the class samples, chat with our Tutors including Chris Franses and of course savour in the delights of our famous Simply Scrumptious Cupcakes!

Book classes during this weekend to get 10% off the class fee (please mention PPForum)

What: Open Days at Pollyanna Patchwork
When: Fri 22nd & Sat 23rd July 2011
Where: 12 High Street, Eccleshall, Staffordshire, ST21 6BZ 01785 859360

Thread: Fabric Research
15/02/2011 15:41:59
Hi Gill,

Good Luck with your new venture! It is a very scary, rewarding, frightening and fulfilling adventure I can tell you. If you would like any advice from someone who has done this relatively recently, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Feel free to PM me!

Best Wishes and Happy Quilting,

Alison
Thread: CANCELLED *** Staffordshire P's and Q's Meeting 1st December 2010 *** CANCELLED
30/11/2010 20:32:58
Hi All,

This is a notice to let all members of Staffordshire Patchworkers and Quilters know that the decision has been taken to cancel this Thursday's Christmas Meeting in light of the current weather conditions.

Not to worry though,  our planned activities will now take place on the evening of our AGM in mm\arch 2011

Please see our website www.spq.org.uk for more information or get in touch with myself or any of the other committee members.

HAPPY QUILTING! 

Alison a.k.a. Pollyanna Patchwork
01785 859360 (shop no.) 

Edited By Pollyanna Patchwork on 30/11/2010 20:33:48

Thread: Festival of Quilts - Any store owners out there??
13/08/2009 08:16:47
Hi Kimberly,

I am on G30 - do pop along and say Hi!

Alison 
31/07/2009 09:03:23
Hi Janet,

I'm also taking a Granny, Hubby and a friend or two over the course of the show so the boys won't be on the stand for any duration.  Those that manage to get a hug will be the lucky ones! They are both seasoned pro's now anyway.  This is Stan's second quilt show and he is only 5 months old!

As for putting your foot in it, I cant see where!  I am very grateful for your reply as so far selling fabrics has been a hobby, but now I want to launch it properly and so want to try and be as prepared as I can be. 

Thanks again

Alison 
Thread: Festival of Quilts
30/07/2009 23:38:19
I'll be there on all 4 days - do pop along to G30 and say Hi if you get a chance.

Happy Quilting!

Al 
Thread: Festival of Quilts - Any store owners out there??
30/07/2009 23:33:51
Thank you so much for the replies guys...

I am soooo nervous but really excited at the same time.

For those of you that do go, please pop along and say "Hi" - it would be nice to meet you and put faces to names!  

Baby Stanley and William might put in an appearance or two and are always happy to receive a cheek pinch and a cuddle. 

Now I just need to work out how much stock to take.... 

29/07/2009 19:36:06
Hi There,

I have decided to take a stall at the last minute at this year's Festival of Quilts.  I have never done anything like this before (nothing like a baptism of fire!!) and was wondering if there are any other store owners out there that had any hints and tips for me? 

Any advice you might have would be gratefully received!!

Best Regards & Happy Quilting!

Alison 
Thread: Postcard swap
25/05/2009 20:26:07
Great Card Katy!

(and a great album too...reminds me of when I was younger and a bit more carefree!)

Alison 

p.s. I've "earwormed" myself now and am going to have to try and dig it out now..."Give Out but don't Give up"....

Doh! - Wrong album...never mind

Edited By Pollyanna Patchwork on 25/05/2009 20:27:31

Edited By Pollyanna Patchwork on 25/05/2009 20:30:27

24/05/2009 13:05:22
Oooh Katy,

I've just spotted that you have listed my event on the PP homepage... WOW!

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!  It's not easy starting up and this could be a big help.

Best Regards

Alison 
Thread: Postcard swap
23/05/2009 07:18:00
H,

I love the way you are displaying those cards!  And what a great idea to inspire you to finish your other blocks.

I'd love to do this myself, do you use full size pegs or are those the little craft ones that you can buy?

I've just had my second baby (2 under 2 now!) and so don't get much time to quilt so I am trying to do something small each week to keep me sane.

Happy Quilting!

Alison 
15/05/2009 23:11:29
Hi Katy, 

I know this is short notice, but following a short break to allow for the arrival of my second baby (Stanley born 28/2/09), I am pleased to announce that we will be holding another fabric sale on Sunday, 31st of May 2009 at Walton Community centre in Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0EQ

The sale will be open between 11am and 2pm. 

Plenty of free parking and free admission. 

I supply all manner of fabrics and stock a wide range produced by well respected manufacturers and designers such as Moda, Classic Cottons, Maywood Studios, Marcus Brothers, Robert Kaufman and Free Spirit. 

Many fabrics will be priced at just £5 per metre straight from the bolt. There will also be a variety of pre-cut fabrics, including Moda’s Kota Batiks at just £8 per metre. There will be some lovely FQ bundles and Gift Ideas including quilt patterns by Cozy Quilt Designs and a limited number of complete Quilt Kits at competitive prices. 

For more information, contact Alison on 01785 609592, e-mail alison@pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk or go towww.pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk 

Hope to see you there! 

Many Thanks 

Alison 
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
SewAndSo
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues