By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for H

Here is a list of all the postings H has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Any Ideas???
05/05/2011 20:23:15
Hi Caz,

The site that immediately came to mind is Don't Look Now! - there are some lovely spring-like patterns...I think they may be a little on the large side but they're nice to look and may provide some inspiration.
I'll keep my thinking hat on and let you know if anything pops up!

H
Thread: Chat
22/04/2011 14:13:02
Hi Liz,

I'm glad it went well - just think how much easier stitching is going to be!

Take care,
H
Thread: Fabric Research
16/04/2011 12:30:01
Good luck, Gill...I've had a quick look round (and bookmarked it!) and it looks great - I especially like the way I can search by collection or colour.

I hope it's a runaway success!
H
15/04/2011 11:09:41
Hi Pam,

I know that my LQS Leven Crafts sells some large ric rac - just give them a ring! (Follow the link and click on 'contact us' to find their phone number!). Would love to see what you're making with it!

H

14/04/2011 18:51:04
Hi Kim,

WOW!!!! That's fantastic! Congratulations! £600...that's a lot of fabric ;o) Is your mind buzzing with possibilities of residential courses, workshops to attend, etc. or is it frozen?!

I can't wait to hear what you do...maybe a series of articles for the website would keep us all up to date (that's right, I'm volunteering you for even more work!!).

H x
Thread: Recycled Charm Square Swap
12/04/2011 18:59:18
It looks lovely!
Thread: Postcard Swap 2011
12/04/2011 18:57:37
Hi Liz,

I think it depends on how happy you are to send your postcards 'naked'...I usually send them in a cellophane envelope so that you can see them but they are protected. I usually reuse the ones I get when I buy birthday cards but if you'd rather use a paper envelope then that's ok!

Hope that helps!
H
12/04/2011 18:23:38
Hi Fiona,

I've managed to find this article about using inktense pencils and it mentions prewashing fabric to remove any sizing...I haven't read the whole thing (!) but I hope it's helpful.

H
Thread: Basket Quilt
10/04/2011 20:12:18
Caz - your version is lovely and I agree with Irene, it's amazing how different the same pattern can be!
Thread: Recycled Charm Square Swap
10/04/2011 20:08:24
It's lovely! You sure are speedy ;o)

H
08/04/2011 15:42:50
Hi Pam,

My LQS Leven Crafts sells this - I won't be going there for a couple of weeks but if you ring them they can take the order and payment over the phone and then post it to you. They're open 9:30am - 4:30pm Tuesday to Saturday and are really helpful.

Hope that helps,
H
Thread: Postcard Swap 2011
08/04/2011 14:15:14
Hi Katy,

Please put my name on the list! I'll put my thinking cap on and email you with some ideas (if I have any!).

H
Thread: Basket Quilt
08/04/2011 14:02:32
It's wonderful!
Thread: Dinosaur Quilt
31/03/2011 13:26:30
He's going to love it! Lucky boy!
Thread: Tessa
31/03/2011 13:16:23
Maybe you get a free mojo with your new computer? If your mojo hears that you're considering a replacement he'll turn up quick smart! I'll have a think about names for him - someone who's marvellous when he's around but often disappears, without a word, for days (if not weeks) on end...hmmm...
29/03/2011 14:56:31
I know that Phil Vickery sometimes does gluten free recipes on 'This Morning' and I've found this recipe for vanilla cupcakes - it needs some ingredients that may not be found in the supermarket (xanthan gum, anyone?!) but I'm sure we'll find them somewhere online! I've also found this thread on the Jamie Oliver forum which also has some cake recipes on it (I might give the lemon drzzle chickpea cake a try but I'm not keen on honey so will have to substitute something else...).

Mind you, it'd be easier to send DP out for a bar of chocolate!

I hope you enjoyed your nap and that you feel a bit better,
H x
29/03/2011 14:32:44
Have you tried enticing it back with chocolate or a nice cake?! Maybe it would be helpful to stitch something that's just for you, for fun, with no deadline and no pressure - that way your mojo might not be able to resist having a sneaky peek and then joining in ;o)

Take care and take it easy!
H x
Thread: Postage
24/03/2011 20:30:12
!! The idea struck me after a telling off from the post office lady...I'd put a strip of the 'magic' sellotape across the bottom 1/8th of the stamp to stop it falling off - not allowed, even if the rest of the stamp is naked and can be franked (as she told me and the rest of the queue!). As I walked to the post box to post the item (she refused to accept it as she would risk being fined - fair enough, when she told me about the fines I didn't want to hand it over) it occurred to me that a sticky label may be the answer...one of those "why didn't I think of that before" moments!
Thread: Tessa
24/03/2011 20:14:42
Glad you felt up to getting out a little bit - don't push yourself too hard, you'll prolong your recovery! Take care x
Thread: Postage
22/03/2011 15:33:51
If I'm posting something in one of those plastic envelopes (or a postcard in a cello envelope) I stick a white label on it and then put my stamps on that...I've not had a problem yet but it is annoying when stamps just disappear!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners