By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for H

Here is a list of all the postings H has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Postcard Swap 2011
19/05/2011 16:40:43
Hi Liz,

I did make the cat in the hat postcard...sorry for the confusion, I thought you were asking about Mal's card as it was above your question and had embroidery on it!

I made the cat in the hat using fused applique and then quilted round the edges of the shapes - fiddly (especially cutting out the middle of the A) but worth it, I think...

H
Thread: Recycled Charm Square Swap
19/05/2011 15:34:10
He's really cute!
19/05/2011 15:30:41
Hi Liz,

I'm not sure if your question is for me or Helen G? The embroidery on the postcard in the photo above your post was done by hand (by Mal).

I hope that helps...if you weren't asking me please ignore this post

H
19/05/2011 15:12:28
*****STOP PRESS!!!*****

The postcard in the photo above is from MAL (not Glenda!) - I'm so sorry, Mal, I don't know where my brain was when I wrote that but it obviously wasn't in my head!!

Sorry!

H x
17/05/2011 12:49:54
Here's my wonderful postcard from Mal!

Edited By Katy on 20/05/2011 08:21:49

17/05/2011 12:33:28
Hi Mal,
My beautiful postcard has just arrived - the embroidery is wonderful! Well done on your first postcard, I hope you enjoyed making it?
Thank you!
H

P.S. Katy - do you already have a photo for the album or shall I take one?

Edited By Katy on 17/05/2011 12:37:14

Thread: 2011 Birthday Club
16/05/2011 19:59:17
I love all those bright colours - just the thing to brighten up a dull UK day!
15/05/2011 17:50:38
Fay - I hope your nerves recover soon, it must have been such a shocking thing to witness and then to have the 'that could have been me' realisation compounds the shock...take care and try to rest.

Mal - I also hadn't realised we lived relatively nearby until I saw your address...I wonder if there are any other Teessiders on here?! I hope you've had fun making your first postcard? I will stalk the post lady until it arrives, I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my Cat in the Hat postcard, I really enjoyed making it and I'm glad I made a duplicate for my wall!

H
Thread: Chat
14/05/2011 18:32:35
It would take me so long to work out what to spend it on that I'd drive myself mad! It sounds like you've got a good mix of things - opening the package is going to be lots of fun, enjoy it!
H
14/05/2011 18:12:05
Hi Glenda,

I'm so glad that the postcard arrived and that you liked it! I can't add the photo to the group's album, I think Katy will do that for us (thanks, Katy!) but I can post it here...

Edited By H on 14/05/2011 18:12:34

Thread: FoQ 2011
13/05/2011 20:26:27
To say that sounds difficult is an understatement - I hope it all turns out ok...

Re 'woolly hat & thermals' - I was going to say "It's ok, it'll be August, it'll probably be quite warm" and then I remembered we live in the UK and it may well be quite nippy
13/05/2011 20:01:25
Now I'm even more intrigued!
Thread: FoQ 2011
13/05/2011 19:42:50
Hi Marian,
I'm sorry you still haven't heard - have they given you any idea of when you'll find out or are you waiting for an envelope to drop through the door? I hope you get good news soon...
H
13/05/2011 19:26:46
Semi-naked?! Any chance of a photo of partial envelope?!
13/05/2011 17:23:10
Yippee!!
13/05/2011 17:11:51
Jan - great postcard!
Jackie - I hope work gets better next week!
Katy - thanks for posting my comment, you're a star!

Am crossing fingers as I hit 'add'!
Thread: Chat
12/05/2011 12:02:39
Fabulous fabrics, Tessa! I'm looking forward to following the progress of the quilt - have fun with it!
11/05/2011 20:23:37
Hi Glenda - glad your appointment went well, hope the news continues to be good!

Kate - with! (But without nuts!)

Tessa - has your mojo returned? Any chance of a peek at your NZ FQs?

H
11/05/2011 19:08:04
I've spotted some lovely hat postcards on here! I've spent a lovely afternoon working on mine and it's almost finished - I'm hoping to have it in the post by Friday but will post a message when it's actually in the postbox (providing I can get on here to post - does anyone else have problems being 'locked out' after they've logged in? It happens at least twice a week which is why I don't post as often as I used to!). As usual I'm making two identical postcards, one to post and one to keep, which explains why I've spent all afternoon working on it and it still is only a 'front'!!

Hope everyone's having fun stitching!

H

P.S. I put a white sticky label on my cello envelope before I stick my stamp on - makes me feel more sure that it's not going to fall off!
P.P.S. I often use two layers of fusible buckram on the back of my postcards - I get it from the local curtain shop (they use it in pinch pleats) and works wonderfully well...the only problem is that it is tough to pin through so I either use paper clips to hold the back to the front and machine tack round before satin stitching or use fusible wadding and fuse the back to the front and then stitch!
Thread: Any Ideas???
06/05/2011 14:44:44
Hi Ros,

Thank you for the link - I'd actually seen this pattern and thought I'd bookmarked it...seems not! I've now saved the pattern and a photo in my 'one day...' folder so that I'll remember it!

Thanks again!
H
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners