By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for H

Here is a list of all the postings H has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: ONLINE KWILT SHOW 2011
02/07/2011 13:19:47
I'm just hand stitching the binding on three quilts (it seemed easier to have a 'binding' afternoon!) so I'll post photos once they're done - if the show hasn't closed by then ;o)
Thread: Postcard Swap 2011
02/07/2011 13:18:01
Lol, Tessa, it seems like we've had the same idea but you're much quicker than me!! I'll put my thinking cap back on but if nothing else appeals would you mind me sticking with my original idea?

H

01/07/2011 14:57:25
I was just going to make something with one of the 'restricted' logos on the basis that I'd make a postcard with a copyrighted image (e.g. Peppa Pig, Minnie Mouse, etc.) without a second thought as they're for personal use and aren't going to be sold or used for official Olympics purposes...I'll hold off until we're clear on the issue (like I was going to start this afternoon... )
30/06/2011 14:36:33
Hi Cathy,

He is an All Black! Well spotted!

Fay - the fabric is by a NZ company called Nutex - my LQS has panels and a coordinating FQ for rugby, cricket and motocross. There's a picture of the rugby panel here - on the website for my LQS.

Katy - thanks for the new theme, I'm also hoping to be faster out of the block (pun intended!) this month!

H

Edited By H on 30/06/2011 14:37:07

28/06/2011 18:07:05
Hi Irene,
I'm glad you like it and thank you for taking the photo and uploading it!
H
27/06/2011 19:57:59
Hi Irene,
I posted your card this afternoon - it should be with you tomorrow but it may choose to take the scenic route ;o)
Hope you like it!
H
Thread: July Journal Challenge - Mola patchwork
23/06/2011 16:14:31
There's no way I'd be tackling something that complex on my first go...maybe for my second though I definitely think it could be adapted - reduce the colours and make the design simpler, maybe?
23/06/2011 15:51:09
I did a search for Mola on Flickr and got quite a few results. I particularly like this. I'm not sure I'll be making the journal quilts but I'm certainly going to be following with interest! Thanks for a great idea, Katy!

Mola mounted

Edited By Katy on 23/06/2011 16:02:26

Thread: At Last
22/06/2011 17:16:38
It's lovely!
21/06/2011 18:51:03
Hi Fay,

My wonderful postcard arrived this morning - thank you! Did you take a photo of it before you posted it or would you like me to take one and add it to the album?

Thanks again
H
20/06/2011 19:26:12
Hi Sandra,
A new swap is usually announced on the homepage and there is usually a thread to go with it so I would keep an eye on both (if you click on the 'latest post' bit of the forum it will show you the threads that are most active and is easier than going through all the topics).

When a swap is being organised there is a sign up deadline and we usually have to either leave a comment on the thread or PM (=private message - if you look at the bottom of the box this post is in you will see 'message member' if you click on that it will enable you to send a message to that person and only that person, it's a bit like an email but just for this website. They can then pick this message up in their mail box which is displayed next to your photo on the top left of the screen - it says 'my messages' and will display a number next to it if you have a message). Sometimes we have to email Katy, the web editor, as we may need to send her our postal and email addresses.

I hope this helps and that I haven't bombarded you with needless information!
H
Thread: Chat
20/06/2011 18:43:10
Hi Rosemary,
If you use Internet Explorer then there's a little section on the bottom right of the screen with the magnification displayed - you can alter it back there, either to a prescribed percentage or a custom one...if you're using Firefox then I think you hold the left mouse button and move the mouse downwards (I have accidentally increased the zoom and managed to decrease it but I can't remember exactly how I did it and I use a touch pad not a mouse so it may be different!) - I'm sure Katy will help when she sees the message!

Sandra,
Welcome to the forum! There is currently a postcard swap going on which you can follow - I'm afraid it's too late to join in this time but you could perhaps use the theme to make your own at home. There are also a couple of good tutorials (by Janet) in the advanced section of the techniques tab (at the top of the page).
I hope this helps, if not just shout!

H
P.S. Welcome back, Liz!
Thread: OTT lite bulbs
18/06/2011 18:15:13
The light bulbs have been claimed!
H
16/06/2011 13:54:38
Hi everyone,

After ordering a new OTT lite bulb for my lamp I discovered that it's the lamp that's the problem and not the bulb...

As I have taken the bulb out of the packaging I can't return it so I was wondering if anyone is interested in it?

I also have the bulb that I was using in the lamp - it (obviously) has been used and I have no way of knowing whether it still works but if anyone would like the new bulb I'd also send the 'old' one, just in case it still works.

As you can see from the photo they are 'OTT LITE true colour 13w swirl bulbs'.  I hope someone would like them (maybe in exchange for a couple of FQs?) as I hate waste!

If you are interested please leave a post on this thread and I'll PM you to sort out the details.   In the event that more than one person is interested I will pick names out of a hat so that those who can't access the site during the day don't miss out...I hope this is a fair way of sorting it. (Of course, I may have no interest and this becomes irrelevant!!)

Thank you!
H

Edited By H on 16/06/2011 13:59:29

Edited By H on 16/06/2011 14:01:46

Edited By H on 16/06/2011 14:09:16

16/06/2011 13:42:28
Hi Fay,
Thanks for letting me know the postcard is on its way - I'll keep a special eye out for it (not hard as I rarely get post!) and let you know when it arrives!

I'm afraid I haven't even started mine yet - I have a few ideas but none of them are willing to step forward and say "pick me!". I think I'm going to have to 'volunteer' one ;o)

H x
Thread: Chat
09/06/2011 14:19:45
Take care, Pam - hope things get better soon.
H xx
Thread: Mother-in-Law's Wallhanging
30/05/2011 19:39:09
Gorgeous! If she doesn't like it there's a space on my wall that's just the right size ;o)
Thread: Fabric Freedom Competition
24/05/2011 18:47:12
How fantastic! I'll put my thinking cap on and let you know if inspiration strikes!
Thread: Mal's table centre
24/05/2011 17:05:14
Mal - this is beautiful! Have you kept it or was it a present?
20/05/2011 13:36:09
I wonder what the theme will be?!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners