By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for H

Here is a list of all the postings H has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Postcard Swap 2011
24/08/2011 21:35:59
Fay - any sign of your postcard arriving? I have no idea how long post takes to get to you from the UK but I think it may have taken a detour!! I'll keep my fingers crossed it arrives soon H
Thread: July Journal Challenge - Mola patchwork
22/08/2011 07:37:55
It looks great - I love the embellishments!
Thread: I wish I had made this
21/08/2011 21:30:12
Wow! The skill in that is amazing!
Thread: August Journal Challenge - Landscape Quilts
19/08/2011 14:51:10
Tessa, it's great!
Thread: Will my idea work?
18/08/2011 10:11:55
Hi Abby,

Welcome to the forum! I've not made a t-shirt quilt before but I'm sure someone on here will be able to help - I'd do a quick search for blogs that mention t-shirt quilts as they often have tutorials with lots of tips and photos.

My first thoughts are whether you'd need to back the t shirt squares/rectangles with some sort of stabiliser so that they don't stretch and cause problems when piecing/quilting (particularly as they are different weights) and whether you'd need to use a ballpoint needle to work with jersey (I have a needle guide somewhere, I'll dig it out and have a look!). Also, you could tie rather than quilt the project which may make life easier.

I'm sure someone else will be more help - you could do a trial run with a few of the different fabrics to see what happens...

Good luck!
H

P.S. You could bag up the off cuts and take them to your local charity shop for them to sell on as rags - I do that with all my little scraps and worn out clothes!
Thread: THE PARTY's OVER--BUT-------
17/08/2011 11:20:57
Jan - I had a quilt in Harrogate show last year and I was thrilled when I saw someone take a photo of it...hope they were taking it because they liked it and not because they were collecting turkeys!! I don't usually eat crisps but I know that Pringles containers make great desk organisers - I'll find my thinking hat, put it on and see what else I can come up with!

H

P.S. Maybe you're reaching the end of your icon quota?!!!
15/08/2011 14:47:06
Fay - I posted your card today...I have no idea how long it will take to arrive, maybe by the end of the week?!
Hope you like it!
H
Thread: Online Pattern Sheet Problem
13/08/2011 14:20:07
Hi Hannah,

I'm afraid I can't help you and Katy is at the FoQ for the weekend - she'll help as soon as she sees the message but I'm not sure she has internet access while she's in Birmingham.

Sorry I can't be more help but welcome to the forum!
H
11/08/2011 17:33:51
I know mola time has been and gone (hurray, I hear many of you exclaim!) but I've just found this - a wonderful baby quilt made using mola...well worth a look!
10/08/2011 18:05:23
More than like it...love it!
10/08/2011 15:52:46
Hi Irene,

My wonderful card arrived this morning. I've uploaded a photo to the album but I'm afraid it's on it's side (sorry, Katy, it uploaded fine into my album but I can't see the delete option in the group album!)

Irene says she has been inspired by Linda and Laura Kemshall - I love her version of their poppy seed heads!

Thank you so much for my postcard - it's a beauty!
H
Thread: FoQ 2011
09/08/2011 18:04:20
That's exactly what I was thinking, Angela!

Tessa - I think that's the opposite of travelling lightly ;o) but there's nothing worse than not enough to drink...will the party be in your room, then?!
09/08/2011 15:56:05
Hi Irene - thanks for letting me know it's on it's way, I'll let you know when it arrives!

Still haven't sorted out what to do but I've got a while yet, thank goodness!
H
09/08/2011 15:52:38
If you go to the Simply Solids website (a wonderful place for buying Kona solids and other great fabric - no affiliation, just a customer!) and then go to her blog (link is on the right hand side of the page) there is a 10% off at FoQ voucher to print out - have fun with it, she sells wonderful fabric in gorgeous colours!
Thread: K's Kwazy Kwilt
09/08/2011 15:43:35
Great fabric! I think I'd choose black as it won't detract from the gorgeous colours!
08/08/2011 17:59:59
I'm not going to FoQ but Ali at veryberryhandmade has a link to a full list of trade stalls and Susan Briscoe has a map of the stalls - put the two together and you can plan your spending ;o)
Have a great time!
Thread: Chat
01/08/2011 20:38:40
Congratulations!
Thread: Tessa's black and white swap
31/07/2011 19:13:28
Lovely bag, Fiona - I love the addition of the green! I've just finished my B&W swap project - it needs a hanging sleeve and blocking but I've got a few weeks to get that done so I'm calling it finished!!
26/07/2011 07:55:42
You enjoyed your mola journey then?! The leaf looks great - at least you tried it (which is more than I did!) and now you know you won't be trying it again!

Great to have you back!
Thread: ONLINE KWILT SHOW 2011
22/07/2011 14:57:49
I've added my recent finishes - I stitched four bindings in two weeks and then couldn't get a decent photo because of all the rain and then I forgot to add them to our show...

H
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners