By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for catssmudge

Here is a list of all the postings catssmudge has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Friendship Swap Blocks 2012
03/07/2013 19:50:02

Hi, just catching up - not good this end.

Sandys' block to me has arrived, it is lovely, and I have posted Rosemarys' block out - she should have had it by now.

catssmudge

16/06/2013 09:19:38

kaffe 018.jpgHere is the lovely butterfly block from winnie - sorry it's taken so long to put up - life is definitely not being fair at the moment. surprise

Thread: Chat
07/06/2013 14:42:09

Well Ladies, here's a story for you - and hopefully a good laugh.

When we were going through all "it's in his head" diagnosis for Rob (it's not, lol), he had to go to a "special" hospital in Cardiff. It was an assessment unit for severly mentally impaired/ill patients. Either through some form of brain damage from natural causes or drink/drugs etc. I didn't know all of this when Rob was picked up by the hospital transport. On his arrival, the driver said to hime "Sarah will kill me if I leave you here!". After much persuasion she did leave but only affter telling Rob he had to tell me it was HIS decision to stay.

When he got into the building there were many people wandering around, all pretty much dressed the same - jeans, t-shirts etc. After a few minutes a man approached him and started to talk to him. Rob thought he seemed pretty informed, but too scruffy to be a doctor, there was however a very pretty, smartly dressed lady with him. Rob thought she was keeping an eye on this man - it turns out the scruffy man was the head man of the hospital. He said that if he didn't dress the same as the patients they wouldn't trust him. He was a very good doctor, lol.

On seeing Rob and realising that his problems weren't mentally based (in all of 15mins), they decided that he would have to go upstairs to the rehab wards. The staff up there were terrified of Rob - well what they knew of him, 6ft4", well built and roaring sounds emitting from him along with the spasms - they couldn't believe what a gentle person he was.

This definitely opened our eyes and also the nurses/doctors etc. Looks can definitely be deceiving smiley

If it wasn't for the help we got in that hospital Rob would be in a right mess by now.

catssmudge

05/06/2013 11:39:05

Winnie, My lovely block has arrived - thankyou. I'll have to do something with them soon as the amount of butterflies fluttering around is too many to let them be. Better get my thinking cap on again - I keep changing my mind.

catssmudge

03/06/2013 19:19:50

Pam, am thinking of you at this difficult time hughug 2, hugs to you.

caatssmudge

03/06/2013 19:19:48

Pam, am thinking of you at this difficult time hughug 2, hugs to you.

caatssmudge

03/06/2013 14:23:48

I'd love to do the extra swap too.

catssmudge

31/05/2013 12:04:48

Hi Claire,

Yes it has arrived - thankyou, it's lovely. I've been out of action also, Labyrinthitus again. Twice now and it never seems to go completely for what feels like forever..

My butterflies are all flapping around my sewing room, begging me to start to put them together. Have changed my mind again as to what to do with them. Will have to think and do instead of thinkiing only.

catssmudge

20/05/2013 09:38:45

Claire - I've pm'd you back smiley

catssmudge

20/05/2013 09:37:02

Just received the new mag - wow. There are loads of lovel articles and projects. Then as i'm having my intial quick flick through "bags" a magazine just about bags. Will be ordering asap. Also took a peak at what's in next months (I know this months has only just arrived) and I love the look of the sampler quilt.........lots to plan to do. Have decided to get more sewing done, I have to learn to relax and leave Rob on his own downstairs.

Rosemay, so sorry about your mum quilt - keep asking, they will have to look for it.

Tina - sorry to hear about your dog.

I managed to poison our dog last week. Fortunately he is getting better. I put weedkiller down and he went out and ate the grass it was on! I did double check when I bought it, but obviously it wasn't as safe as it said. But then I let the dog lick my bearded dragon - trying to get them to be friends - apparently he caught something from him. Not pleasant for the poor dog. Now have learned the hard way and have to keep them away from each other.

catssmudge

Thread: Caz's hexies
18/05/2013 16:44:20

I like.

catssmudge

17/05/2013 12:27:26

Afternoon Alison,

Your block will be in the mail this afternoon. I really enjoyed making this one, thankyou for choosing it.

catssmudge

17/05/2013 11:06:40

Rosemary, so sorry to hear about your mum - an elderly lady we know has lost her glasses and her teeth. She has dementia and cannot remeber where she put them. The home she is in are very good and she eats well, but she now wont wear any teeth - the dentist has been to see her several times. You must be feeling so frustrated, thinking of you.

catssmudge

17/05/2013 11:03:43

Glenda - what a lovely picnic rug - another item to go on my "to do" list

Sylvia - I love the "red" one. It really makes an impact.

catssmudge

Thread: Caz's hexies
12/05/2013 12:24:55

Love the quilt Caz, forgive my ignorance please, but is it all hand stitched?

catssmudge

Edited By catssmudge on 12/05/2013 12:25:14

Thread: Another new challenge!
07/05/2013 13:41:19

Liking them all Claire - Looking forard to seeing the finished quilt. Colours are great too.

catssmudge

04/05/2013 13:38:08

Please don't stress about the blocks ladies - I will love them when ever they arrive - think of yourselves first.

catssmudge

04/05/2013 13:36:48

Rosemary,

Glad you're home okay and hope mum is doing better.

catssmudge

Thread: Jan's H4H Raffle Quilt
04/05/2013 13:35:58

Well done NN, the perfect winner for a lovely quilt/cause.

catssmudge

03/05/2013 09:30:26

NN, thankyou for the lovely butterfly block.

It arrived this morning and really cheered me up.

catssmudge

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues