By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Kerry F

Here is a list of all the postings Kerry F has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: free motion help
19/08/2015 16:57:28

Hi Carol,

Your machine may be a bit like mine. From my last service a month or two ago I read on the report that the timing is set up differently depending on what the machine is doing, so for example my machine (Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 960Q) has different timing for standard woven stitching, stitching stretch fabrics and also for FMQ. My machine almost constantly needs resetting due to the timing in FMQ and sometimes the stretch doesn't make stitches either, but the piecing side of things is still excellent. I've had to have mine restore to factory settings twice in a year so far because I do use it quite a lot. I'm not going to buy a Husqvarna again!

I'd suggest taking it in for a service now that you've gone through the motions of rethreading the machine, changing needle, etc and hopefully that will help. Not cheap though!

Thread: New Projects and Ideas to Try 2015
12/08/2015 11:47:21

Great work Lexy and Margaret- that effect is mesmerising if you stare at it too long! Very clever.

Thread: Interleave quilts
29/07/2015 14:43:17

Wow that is a great effect and a bit too clever for me! I've bookmarked it to try and get my head around it later!

Thread: PP August giveaways now live
24/07/2015 13:21:16

Wow, that's an amazing prize.

Thread: Please say hello to Elizabeth, our new Editor
24/07/2015 13:12:58

Hello hello! I'll be stopping by for a chat at Festival for sure.

Thread: Follow us on Instagram
22/07/2015 14:03:43

I'm following too- @pennydog

Thread: UFO Zapping 2015
21/07/2015 09:54:53

Well done Margaret, worth it in the end! I have one of those projects going on at the moment which needs complete precision which is making me procrastinate and grumble and unpick…. and it's my own pattern! Not so fun at the time but worth it in the end.

Thread: Gypsy Wife Quilts
17/07/2015 15:44:29

I like that idea too!

There was a version of this quilt at the Calgary Stampede quilt show last week, and I saw a really loud one with black and white alternating strips somewhere too.

17/07/2015 15:42:23

I have made three things on my list, I completely forgot to tell you!

Pancakes quilt...

The Junk in the Trunk dress I made which will be at Festival

And the Stack and Whack curve quilt is a bed runner. Please tick those three off for me, thanks Katy!

17/07/2015 15:41:10

Wow, well done Carol!

Long time no post, sorry, you know how it is sometimes...

Anyway I've kind of cheated and I have turned one of my quilt UFOs into a cushion (the Doughnuts one). I've started a couple more projects in the meantime...

Thread: Hugs and get well soon, Juliet
26/01/2015 13:53:08

Only just seen this, I do hope Juliet is recovering OK and we see her here again soon.

Thread: New Projects to make and Ideas to try 2014
22/01/2015 11:40:55

Wow thanks everyone!
Yep Margaret is right most of how I do it is on that post but I also have a tutorial for needle turn applique by machine which is how I do it.... minus the sewing it down bit, nowadays I just quilt it hard enough that I only need to glue piece it for basting, much lazier!

It's a nice project to snip and glue in front of the TV of an evening. I semi-trace the design on paper from a photo on screen that I use as a lightbox, improvising a bit if I need to, then scan and print it out full size and cellotape loads of sheets of paper together, then I trace that onto freezer paper. I tend to just rab and guess fabrics as I go and get a surprise as I peel the finished bit of freezer paper away...

Thread: pets and friends
21/01/2015 10:42:59

Maria- yeah I'm with you on that. Hank isn't allowed on the sofa.... unless my husband is out and only if I am also on the sofa and he doesn't wiggle too much or bring a toy on. He does understand all of the criteria though so we've had a good thing going for a few months now. Which means he's asleep with head on my lap most evenings and then I have to quickly get the lint roller out when himself comes home.... oops. I forgot to lint roller this morning and he's home before me so I'm hoping we haven't been rumbled.

Thread: New Projects to make and Ideas to try 2014
20/01/2015 17:22:42

Turns out I completed my whole list and finished the bear quilt but completely forgot to show you!

Thread: pets and friends
20/01/2015 17:06:30

My puppy Hank is coming up to being one. I used to be able to scoop him up under my arm and he was the cutest thing I've ever seen...

But now he's 23kg!

He loves quilts, especially diving on my lap (yes really) whilst I'm quilting. This is my excuse for wonky quilting and seam allowances anyway....

20/01/2015 16:58:04

Very nice Littlest quilt Lillian- do you have a recipient in mind? smiley

20/01/2015 16:56:59

My zap list...
- Finish my lone star quilt- pieced but needs quilting
- Log cabin scrappy quilt
- Chevron HST quilt carries over yet again!
- Row by Row quilt, is now a top but needs quilting
- Hadley improv doughnuts quilt - only one block done so far
- Baby Jane layer cake quilt - cut into pieces, needs sewing together

20/01/2015 16:53:38

Can I play again?

- "Pancakes" quilt- curves with piecing inside for a show entry
- Quilt/patchwork dress for show entry
- Pocket watch shape applique with Eclectic Elements bundle
- More curves but coupled with paper piecing (it's the year of the curve for me) with Best Day Ever bundle
- Quick curve ruler "stack and whack" quilt
- Log Cabin bear quilt is being carried over from last year...

Thanks

Edited By Kerry F on 20/01/2015 16:53:57

Thread: UFO Zapping 2014
20/01/2015 16:50:31

I'm falling off the face of the world a bit at the moment but popping by to say thank you for my runners up prize Katy :D

Thread: Hello from a new quilter (inc. sneaky request for quilting advice)
17/11/2014 15:04:10

Welcome!

Some people say you should stitch in the ditch to stabilise before doing an all over FMQ pattern anyway..... I am not one of those people :D I'd be tempted to do a cross hatch or something, using the seams as a guide. I'm personally not very good at staying in the ditch though so that's my cop out approach!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues