By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Fiona

Here is a list of all the postings Fiona has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Easter ATC
24/02/2017 14:42:50

Yes please - I have really missed swaps!

Thread: Show and Tell
23/02/2017 14:23:36

Lovely quilts etc! This is a super quick quilt I made last month for a little boy to use with his wheelchair. Miss helped choose the pirate and sailing fabrics but somehow, my stash of those fabrics hasn't really decreased...I used the serpentine stitch on my machine to mimic waves.pirate.jpg

Thread: Chat
23/02/2017 14:15:52

Congratulations Maria (and DH!) Hope everyone is now fully recovered.

Those are some good ideas, Maria. For Christmas, I gave my DH a gift bag with 25 small presents inside, ranging from a bar of chocolate to a bottle of his favourite tipple. Nothing major, just fun. The problem is that he then said he'd kept the wooden numbered tags for me to reuse so I'll be on the look out all year now for new ideas.

I've been very quiet here recently I know but I have been lurking. Pleased to report that my surgeon was happy with my progress one year on from my mastectomy. Life is slowly returning to normal, but usually means I'm pretty shattered by dinner time. Trying to concentrate on my UFOs but have somehow or other also made a few new quilts too.

Thread: Thank you everyone
23/02/2017 14:06:17

Katy, I'm sorry to see you leaving your official capacity here but wish you success and happiness in your new job. exciting times ahead for you and your family x

Thread: Show and Tell
23/01/2017 14:17:38

I used a sheet for the backing and was quite surprised when we laid it on our king sized bed as to how big it had turned out. The binding was cut from the excess sheet when I trimmed up.back of friendship quilt

23/01/2017 14:16:09

This one had been layered up for a couple of years, awaiting quilting. The centre was a half jelly roll, the hearts were from here, sent to me when I was having a bad time with a pickle of a miss and she added a heart too. Then I added some charm squares miss gave me, a pack of fat eighths I couldn't resist at my first time at Duxford, and the green fabrics are from a swap. I used perle cotton to big stitch quilt. It was really quick, about 5 weeks off and on and inbetween the rest.friendship quilt

23/01/2017 14:12:21

This one was made over the New Year, with the leftovers from the star quilt and a few added fabrics which have a flying theme so will probably end up with DD1. This was another magazine pattern, about 50" square.flying 2017

Edited By Fiona on 23/01/2017 14:19:10

23/01/2017 14:10:59

I've been sewing like a maniac for the last 6 weeks, making the most of DH being home to do chores I think. These are some of them - no idea where the other photos are...

The star one was made with a pack of fat quarters DH gave me for xmas 2015 - saw the pattern in October and replaced the hearts with stars. It's 60" square so a nice topper on our king size.

star quilt 2016

Edited By Fiona on 23/01/2017 14:18:34

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2016
27/11/2016 11:32:52

Rosemary, popped your squishy in the post last night so it should be with you by Wednesday.

Thread: Harrogate
22/11/2016 19:11:01

Taken!

21/11/2016 13:54:03

Alison, I also didn't reply to your email for the same reason as the others. I have very much appreciated the hard work both you and Katy (and to begin with Jan as well) over the years. It's lovely having squishies arrive and the anticipation is wonderful! I have several "birthday" quilts in daily use, as well as one half hand quilted and another one ( from this year!) in the planning stage for when I can sew again.

Rosemary, I'd be delighted to take part in 2017 so will PM you now.

21/11/2016 13:46:44

Very exciting, Jayne!

Thread: Harrogate
21/11/2016 13:46:10

Hi, I have just had an email giving me 2 complimentary tickets to next week's show as a competition prize. Sadly, it's too far for me but I'm happy to email them to someone to print out and use. First come, first served!

20/11/2016 11:12:56

Might be of interest - found this while surfing the web earlier. Possibly a chance to relove someone else's hard work.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/search-results?i=1;q=quilt;q1=Household;show_all=products;x1=secondary_cat_1&gid=&owner=

20/11/2016 11:02:21

Spending my morning catching up on here, while DH and miss are busy downstairs putting the furniture back now that the redecorating is finished. (Plus the all-important reconnection of the tv and other technology!) The wind is blowing outside so it's nice to be snug indoors but we'll be heading out later as miss has an invitation to a birthday party at a tapas bar, completer with flamenco lesson.

I'm slowly getting back to normal, whatever that is, and my fingers are improving after someone recommended a vitamin B-100 complex supplement. Not quite back to sewing but at least I can now knit! However, I have been spending lots of time blog hopping and now have a huge wish list of projects....

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Stay safe and warm everyone. x

Thread: hellooooo
20/11/2016 10:51:44

Welcome, Marie! This group has been a major part of my life for at least 8 years, with friends that mean a lot to me, even if I have never met most in person.

Brenda, that verse is so true.

20/11/2016 10:47:04

I often don't have yardage in my stash but could happily provide 2 x half width 2 1/2" strips from fat quarters.

Thread: Can You Guess the book title?
20/11/2016 10:43:04

The Dressmaker.

Thread: UFO Zapping 2016
20/11/2016 10:41:01

Just gorgeous, Glenda!

11/11/2016 16:25:16

I'm so sorry to read about Juliet. Her quilts were just gorgeous.

Winnie, just relax please and take things easy! (Says the woman who' still thinks she can run round like crazy...!)

I've had a lovely day today. I finally managed to take miss to her monthly class at an agricultural college unit, a round trip of 80 miles so the furthest I've driven since January. Apart from the animals, of course, it was lovely to see a new group of children gel together after a very quiet start. And to see them take part and appreciate the two minutes silence to mark Armistice Day in the common room with everyone else on site.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues