By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Fiona

Here is a list of all the postings Fiona has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Quilt Halo - Sharon Schamber
27/04/2017 17:44:51

I have a ring somewhere that is more of a horseshoe with high sides that are shaped for gripping. It came with a second hand machine I bought years ago. I didn't really get on with it but I wasn't actually into quilting at the time! I wonder where I've put it??? Would possibly be an idea to bring it out again to try with my slider sheet as I've a problem with my arms and hands atm.

Thread: Chat
27/04/2017 17:40:44

Hope everyone enjoyed a break over Easter. I've been concentrating on getting back to "normal" family life, whatever that is, and making the most of spending time with my middle girl while she's at home from uni and not at work.

I've managed over the last week to do a tiny bit of hand quilting, although I'm way behind on my target for a major project ( a 30 block QAYG quilt by August!) I'm determined to get back to teaching next month too. And last night, I finally did a little machine sewing! Just a half jelly roll sewn together, but a start, and a major achievement after 6 weeks of nothing.

Hopefully, over the bank holiday, I will get even more back to normal! Hope you all mange to find some sewing time too. x

Thread: Newbie here
27/04/2017 17:32:11

Welcome Rachel - I Like your work too!

Thread: Show and Tell
27/04/2017 17:31:07

OOOH, some gorgeous items since I last checked in!

Thread: Easter ATC
27/04/2017 17:26:20

Thank you Val for a lovely surprise this morning - I love it! Pic tonight. x

Thread: Yellow strip swap
27/04/2017 17:25:07

Yes please!

05/04/2017 21:25:10

Thank you ladies, I'm finally home. Been somewhat of a traumatic few weeks, involving ICU for over a week plus then remaining there for another few days while they tried to find me a bed on a ward for another few nights. The NHS has literally performed miracles this time and been especially creative in saving my life, for which I will be forever grateful. I've spent most of my time since getting back asleep, enjoying the peace. Or rather, just the usual home noises and not bells and buzzers 24hrs a day. It's going to take a while to recuperate and to learn to be patient but don't worry, my mum has come down to Kent from Scotland to keep me in line!

Miss has somehow grown up over the last few weeks. This week, she is taking herself by train (well 2 actually) to Chatham every afternoon for a drama workshop. Which I couldn't have imagined a few months ago!

Thread: Hug hearts for April
05/04/2017 21:12:27

20170405_200007.jpgThank you for my hearts, ladies- the hugs are much appreciated.

Edited By Fiona on 05/04/2017 21:12:57

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
05/04/2017 21:10:50

20170405_195821.jpgOh Sandy, I am so sorry to hear your news. My prayers are with you all.

Thank you everyone for my squishies. I finally got home around 6ish on Monday night, after a day waiting for pharmacy to produce my drugs for going home. Have spent most of my time since then sleeping. Isabella was out all day today so I saved my squishies until after dinner tonight. My mum was very impressed with them (and last year's charm squares too! Which I do have a plan for, when I can sew again.)

20170405_195658.jpg

Thread: Stamp price rise
11/03/2017 10:38:26

Surprise, surprise....stamps are about to go up in price again. It was very hard to find on the Royal Mail website, tucked away at the bottom of a page but the BBC article is much clearer. Only a couple of pence but it all adds up so you may wish to buy some in advance if you take part in swaps.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39077957

Thread: 4 patch swap
11/03/2017 10:30:04

Rosemary, did you get my first set? Hoping to do some more to post on Monday.

06/03/2017 17:33:31

Maria, a squishy was posted today for you. x

Thread: Hacking Alert
06/03/2017 17:31:08

I just found one too, Jayne - in my junk folder also purporting to be from Katy.

Thread: 4 patch swap
06/03/2017 17:18:07

Posted today. x

03/03/2017 20:54:31

I've been cutting fabric tonight into 2 1/2" strips so probably have some squares amongst the leftovers. Will be easy to add them to the chain piecing that's on tomorrow's agenda, Rosemary. Will let you know when I post them.

Thread: Easter ATC
01/03/2017 11:00:13

I'm happy to post to Australia, Sandy!

01/03/2017 10:59:36

Sue, I'm hoping you have a squishy from me - posted on Saturday.

Margaret, looking forward to seeing what you do with your selection.

Thread: Show and Tell
01/03/2017 10:58:19

Beautiful Margaret!

Like your kaleidoscopes too Maria - I have quilt top in my UFO pile...

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
01/03/2017 10:56:14

Just gorgeous!

01/03/2017 10:54:50

Rosemary, I fancy a 4 patch swap. I need to finish my HST quilt too....but as it's sitting in full view in a basket, it still counts as a WIP and not a UFO. wink However using up stash is one of my aims this year, so a swap would be helpful there. I've just started a new beginner's class this week, with two ladies and they are using my stash to begin with so that will help. It also means that I have started two new quilts with the class samples.... laugh

I am supposed to be finishing one UFO for every new quilt I start, so epic fail on that count. I am currently debating on how to finish the binding on one UFO (black on black, so can't see it even under my daylight lamp), even thinking I may just add another binding over the first (unpicking will have the same problem, I fear.) Another UFO is basted up to be quilted but I seem to have mislaid the thread I bought with the backing fabric. In the meantime, I am labelling a small quilt I made for a friend (in payment for the jumper she is knitting for me!) I have also ordered fabric to make a QAYG quilt for my auntie's 80th birthday (end of August, gulp!) and still need to figure out how to cut new setting triangles for a jelly roll quilt from stripey fabric (good idea at the time at £3pm, bad on the design wall).

Well, miss has just appeared and tells me she is ready to head off to watersports (sailing level 2 then power boats this week) so I need to find my bag of hexies to take with me, alongside my flask of coffee. Have a good day everyone.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues