By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brenda in OZ

Here is a list of all the postings Brenda in OZ has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
12/06/2019 00:35:15

Oh Rosemary, I'm so envious! The museum is on my bucket list.

I'll look up the web site as the next best thing to going there.

FUNNY! ........Do you walk into the kitchen and forget why? Just buy a pair of memory insoles for your shoes, that should fix it! smiley

Brenda in OZ!

Edited By Brenda in OZ on 12/06/2019 00:35:41

Thread: Oh to be able to use colour
12/06/2019 00:30:41

This is coming together well Eileen. I like your choice of fabrics.

I'll look forward to progress reports.

Just cut the fabric for a large Kaffe Fasset quilt. So many bright colours you don't need a complex design. Use the KISS formula (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Brenda in OZ!

11/05/2019 01:40:43

Congratulations Rosemary! You are a clever lady!

Last weekend was our retreat. We all had a great time and I experimented with some new ideas and also made a lavender doll with the help of our most senior member, Ethel who is almost 88. Amazing lady with so many stories to tell. She made us all laugh with the tale of how she made black satin bloomers in her sewing class at school.

Don't fret too much about the potential rising prices for fabric. Only a small proportion actually comes from China, most is made in Japan, South Korea and Indonesia! The fluctuating pound has more effect, but having said that we all need a good excuse to go out and buy fabric.. My latest buy was not fabric, but a folding cutting board and I love it!

Brenda in OZ

Edited By Brenda in OZ on 11/05/2019 01:41:32

04/04/2019 02:15:40

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I've been AWOL over the past week or so. Thank you to everyone for your kind words about my mini quilt. It was fun taking part but the best bit was finding a new friend. Kaye and I get on so well. I hope to meet her some day.

I would loved to have seen the TV programme you mention. We did get some of the previous ones from years ago when they had to make a dress on a Singer Featherweight machine!

Congratulations on reaching the final stages of the FOQ quilt Rosemary. You have taken on a big job there and I for one would like to say thank you for all your efforts.

I have been busy preparing a bag project for a future issue of P & Q and that has kept us busy plus making samples for a workshop for our quilt group. We are off on a weekend retreat at the beginning of next month. 40 of us are taking to the hills for an indulgent weekend of sewing, shopping and just having fun.

Enjoy your stitching!

Brenda in OZ.

Edited By Brenda in OZ on 04/04/2019 02:17:27

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
21/03/2019 05:13:37

Hi Everyone,

Love the bags. It's a long time since I was a Brownie!

My dear quilting friend Janet has a big zero birthday next month so I have made her a bag using two of the Mola panels I bought in Central America some years ago. I hope she likes it.

Brenda in OZ

janetbag1.jpg

janetbag2.jpg

15/03/2019 00:47:06

My little gadget for fastening safety pins is made in the USA. You can google< kwik klip paula jean creations>. Some people use a long handles parfait spoon that works just as well.

Brenda

14/03/2019 06:14:56

My sewing machine is a gadget I suppose but it's really just my third arm! It's never far away and always in use.

Jayne, the fastener is great when you have a big quilt to pin out. I always put my pin is but don't fasten them until I've finished. That way if I make a mistake I don't have to unpin it all. I'll take a picture and post it here over the weekend.

Brendasmiley

13/03/2019 21:06:48

Hi. Our quilt guild is hosting a special day tomorrow and we all have to bring our favorite quilting gadget. What would yours be? I am taking my safety pin fastener that I use when I pin a large quilt. I have a couple of favorites but in general I'm not a big fan of gadgets.

17/02/2019 22:31:04

Thank you Rosemary & Marian for your suggestions,

I think we all explore outside the square when it comes to saving money!

Just working on a new bag design and try to use as many alternative products as possible.

16/02/2019 21:01:25

Curious question. Is there a firm bag wadding readily available in UK quilting shops? We have a product called Matilda's own. It's reasonably priced and easy to work with

I have Used the foam wadding but find it's quite expensive.

Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
27/12/2018 23:03:07

Well done Sylvia!

27/12/2018 23:02:21

I never had the pleasure of meeting Sheila but have "Met" her on the forum. Condolences to her family and especially to you Rosemary. It's always sad when a friend leaves you , even more so when it's a quilting friend.

22/12/2018 20:10:56
Merry Christmas to everyone. Looks like we in oz will be enjoying a beautiful sunny day with a temperature of 26 and sunshine. I wish I could send you some of our weather.
Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
22/12/2018 20:07:50
I vote for 3,4 & 6. Lovely stockings everyone
Thread: Show and Tell 2018
25/11/2018 00:31:10

That's lovely Eileen. Lots of quilt to snuggle under, you could have a party under there!

I like the colours!

Thread: Patchwork Calendar 2019
14/11/2018 23:07:30

Hi Rosemary,

My calendar arrived yesterday and it's great! You have done such a good job. Some lovely quilts in there, they are a credit to all.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do this for us.

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
07/11/2018 19:57:41
I like your cushion Margaret. You're all ready for Christmas.
Thread: Patchwork Calendar 2019
05/11/2018 22:00:56

Hi Rosemary, How much do I need to send you for a calendar sent to Australia?

Cheers Brenda X

27/10/2018 02:27:18

Hi Rosemary, I'll send you a high res. picture of my miniature which will debut at Houston next week!

BTW, has anyone heard from Irene B recently? I sent PM a week ago but it hasn't been read. Hope she's OK.

Brenda XXXX

Thread: Inches or centimetres?
23/10/2018 22:44:56
Inches are easier to see on the rulers.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Janome
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Sarik
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues