By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Quilty Calendar for 2020
07/01/2020 15:28:25

Lovely calendar Rosemary which finally arrived today. Not your fault. Delivery company here. Next year I must have it sent to a UK friend or family to post to me.

Well done everyone in it for the great work. I shall enjoy it month by month.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
07/01/2020 15:24:41

Cosi w/e 2019 GnomesCosi w/e 2019 Easy Dresden PlateCosi w/e 2019 bias weavingBit late posting but at my Cosi Patchwork hotel weekend at end of last year we did 3 workshops. A woven bias binding block. I finished this one but really don't know what to do with it! I chose the colours for the kit via WhatsApp and they are not what I expected. Also it's very stiff because it's ironed onto some strong plasticy fusible sheet. Any ideas? Maybe a bag?

The easy Dresden Plate I do like and am in process of making mine into a cushion. They project was actually for a round bag.

Third was a pair of gnomes for Christmas. I bought the kit but couldn't do much of it with my broken arm as it involved a lot of hand sewing through thick fabric. Photo of a finished one.

Was a great weekend though.Cosi w/e 2019  workshop

01/01/2020 19:16:06

I agree Margaret. I have a lovely place to sew and an embarrassing amount of fabric so must get on with it this year.

Thread: Chat
01/01/2020 19:11:49

Hi and a very happy new year to everyone and my thoughts are with you in Australia. We can only read in horror and feel for you xxx

Thread: Quilty Calendar for 2020
11/12/2019 09:55:15

Morning Rosemary. If it's not too late could I please order a calendar. A mix of all our lovely PPers work will be wonderful to have on my kitchen wall for 2020.

If I had got myself organised I could have had it sent to UK for my daughter to bring when she comes but hey ho it will have to be postage to Spain.

xxx

11/12/2019 09:52:14

Hello everyone,

I am still alive, although with a recovering broken left humerus. Not really sure why I haven't been on here for ages. Guess the summer is so much outside I don't do any sewing and don't think about PP. Sorry.

I went to my hotel weekend with the Cosi Patchwork group I belong to in Palma. Usual good time, although some things were impossible for me with my arm in a plastic splint. Managed machine sewing ok but hand sewing through thick fabric was too much.

I haven't even made any new Christmas things this year. I do have a LOT already!

Anyway I suddenly saw that it is the last month on my PP calendar and I haven't ordered one so will get onto that chat line.

A very happy and healthy Christmas and 2020 to everyone xxxxx

29/08/2019 14:26:50

Fantastic Margaret.

Sending gentle hugs Maria and hope you get your appetite back. Have friend here who has appetite but can't put any weight on after serious op.

Thread: Photos from FoQ 2019
19/08/2019 11:04:10

Just enjoyed the 5 pages of your uploads here Rosemary. Thanks very much, it's great to see it through the eyes of one of us. Maybe I will get there again one day and if August is always going to be as hot as this year here then I might need to escape. Difficult to leave the veg. patch though.

Have to stop on this pc upstairs in my sewing room now because I am dripping. No sewing being done here at present.

02/08/2019 13:50:06

Hi everyone from me too,

I haven't forgotten you all but we changed internet provider and I changed my computer and it's summer and my veg. garden needs LOTS of attention and my daughter and S in L are here SO.... I am not dead and am going to enjoy all your reports of FoQ next week when things quieten down. xxxx

20/03/2019 10:07:46

Sending gentle hugs Maria. Hope the investigations will lead to a treatment to ease the pain.

Great Rosemary, that's what we need, stitchers of the future. xxx

12/03/2019 08:56:21

Brilliant quilt Jayne love the way the eye wanders around the various striking fabrics and great use of the stash. I should do the same lol xxx

Sorry to hear about all your family problems. Hugs xxx

11/03/2019 09:01:38

What a pain Rosemary. Good luck with that one. Unpicking is not an option I choose at my advanced age!!! Would be tempted to quilt in various different colours to make it less obvious lol xxx

Thread: Rainbow quilt
11/03/2019 08:58:39

Fantastic Eileen.

03/03/2019 09:33:11

Hi Rosemary, don't stress, everything sounds like great fun, well done you xxx

26/02/2019 09:05:06

I often think about Katie and wonder how she is. I believe one or two of you are in touch with her?? Please give her my love if so and if she would welcome an email from me I would love to "talk" with her.

Thread: I was the winner of the Little Sweetheart Fabric Pack, resulting quilt
23/02/2019 17:28:10

Wow, Janice, that is really beautiful and very impressive.

23/02/2019 17:27:12

Hi everyone, not been on site much lately but now catching up with all the lovely things. I have seen pics of virus shawls but why are they called that?

A good friend of mine from UK p & q days now only seems to crochet. Like you Jayne I have never been able to follow a pattern.

10/02/2019 08:24:49

Oh my goodness Eileen, that looks SO complicated. Well done, it's stunning.

Thread: hug hearts
01/02/2019 09:08:30

Big hugs from me too Carol xxxxx

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
23/01/2019 13:13:12

Great, as always Rosemary you are a STAR *****

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues