By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Stay at home retreat....will you join me?
12/04/2020 16:35:39

I have given myself a big note and will try and take part Rosemary.

Should I assume it is only sewing related things we should post?

Thread: Chat
08/04/2020 08:19:59

Oh my goodness Eileen what a disaster and at such a time. Thinking of you and sending every best wish (and hugs) xxxx

Thread: UFOs completed in time of "plague"(sorry I couldn't think of a better word!)
06/04/2020 08:40:25

Cushion detail April 2020This isn't really a UFO as I only started it a couple of months ago but is now finished after much hard work, unpicking, etc. Made it for living room where the colours go nicely. One of detail. I got the idea from somewhere and then designed it myself. Won't be another one!Cushion April 2020

01/04/2020 17:50:36

Great to hear from you Winnie. Stay safe and well.

Oh Eileen what an absolute pain, about the worm I mean, not your daughter as I am sure you love having her there. My daughter has decided to stay in Riyadh for the duration. She and her husband are very busy with remote teaching but have a curfew to stay indoors (in a smallish flat) from 6pm each day. They are praying they don't have to stay there over the summer. I would love it if they were here with us.

Love your Honey Rosemary, so cute but I have far too many other projects on the go.

Thread: UFOs completed in time of "plague"(sorry I couldn't think of a better word!)
31/03/2020 16:55:27

Well done Rosemary. Someone is going to be lucky to own them eventually.

31/03/2020 16:53:44

Steph there are various online Janome groups with lots of helpful people. I belong to the one for my 6600P.

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
31/03/2020 16:51:03

Aaaaah gorgeous Rosemary.

Thread: Lend with care
31/03/2020 16:50:09

I have just received two from mine as well. Also have donated to their special needs fund. Very worthwhile I think.

26/03/2020 10:53:43

Trying to type it in

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNoZXjt_Ay0

think that is a zero on end and not capital O.

26/03/2020 10:50:56

Urggg can't paste into here. Will investigate.

26/03/2020 10:48:28

I have been searching for free videos of simple projects for my two ladies here who are learning patchwork.

Found this one, an easy to listen to English lady with a new to me process. Certainly makes a very quick top.

Have to post this while I go looking for the link or I will probably lose it.

26/03/2020 10:44:54

It's great Margaret and I actually love that backing.

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
25/03/2020 15:40:46

Love those borders Margaret.

That's a sophisticated mask. Is there a pattern available?

Have never heard of a temperature quilt before.

24/03/2020 09:08:11

Yes, hugs and best wishes to everyone. All the pundits say that having an absorbing hobby is essential during these times. We are all well placed in that respect.

Hope you get what you need Margaret, keep digging!! Rocket and radishes come up and mature very quickly .

Thread: Dawn's next quilt
23/03/2020 09:47:52

it's going to be lovely Eileen. Poco poco (a little at a time) is what I am doing with my projects at present. Garden beckons me continually.

19/03/2020 10:03:05

This is it Eileen. I used every type of white I could, lots NOT cotton. Had to have separate sides cos they have an iron bed with posts.All White she said

19/03/2020 09:59:31

Good idea Rosemary. I am trying to do some sewing every day.

Feel for you Eileen. When my stepson married his wife to be asked that the wedding quilt I offered should be all white. It was an interesting exercise. Will see if I can find a photo in my folders here and post.

18/03/2020 10:03:51

Best of good luck with your new venture Mandy.

I am trying to do a bit of sewing each day. Trying to get my head round a complicated sort of scrap block of which I need 9 for a cushion. The strips I sew and cut into triangles are either too big or too small! Will post photo IF i ever get it done.

Saw a funny post on my Janome FB page the other day. It said "All you longarm quilters get ready, there are going to be a LOT of UFOs" !!

15/03/2020 13:03:01

Hello everyone from locked down Spain/Mallorca. Do hope you are all OK.

UK government approach to virus is so different! Who knows which will be most successful/safest. Anyway we are not allowed to leave our houses except for essential food shopping, petrol, doctor, etc. Not even allowed to go out for a walk around the local lanes. My husband was sent back home by a police patrol whilst out cycling this morning!

It is much worse in mainland Spain than here at present and we hope we don't go the same way.

One thing is for sure, those of us with serious hobbies such as sewing are in a much better position than many in this situation. Luckily I have a large garden too. Wish I had got more vegetables in earlier though.

Love and hugs to everyone. xxxxx

11/02/2020 09:41:02

Hi Brenda

I am sure that some of my Palma friends from Cosi Patchwork will be going. I have forgotten when it is??

Are you going? I have been in past, not for many years though and know that it has got better and better. Sitges is lovely too.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues