By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Technology makes me a muppet!
21/03/2010 17:34:20
Thanks but that is what I have been doing.  Do you add them from Windows Photos (assume it's not possible from Picasa?).  The Computer ..... address, down to actual photo isn't possible to see on add photos screen asit's off to the right and hidden in the box.  Also there is no minimise button on the photos screen so it's either/or.  Have to admit I am feeling tired and fed up with this so prob. not making much sense!

21/03/2010 16:06:47
Well I am a muppet in another way.#
How oh how does one put photos up on this website?
I have just spent ages putting names on quilt pics, putting them into a separate folder but can't get any uploaded.
I see that in pictures there is something called Pics for PP.  It;s blank, it's mine!
Can I transfer a folder of pictures across or does it have to be done picture by picture?
How??
Any help appreciated.

Thread: Foq 2010
21/03/2010 14:53:04
This is my first post for ages but having just booked to attend all 4 days of FoQ this year and probably going on my own, I will be delighted if there is a PP get together.  I am giving myself a big treat as I haven't been for several years and flying in especially.   (I live in Andorra).  I do have lots of old friends from my UK days so hope to meet up with some of them too so am not being "poor lonely me"! 
Have booked a few short workshops but boy did they go quickly.

Thread: Janome Memory Craft 6600
28/06/2008 17:58:00

Hi Priscilla

I bought mine at FoQ last year and assumed it was the latest!  It's the Janome 6600 Memory Craft.  What's yours?

What sort of work do you do?  Do you have pics on this site?

Sylvia

27/06/2008 21:49:00

Hi again Priscilla

What do you mean by auto tension.  My 6600 has a normal tension knob which I rarely change, just leave it on no. 4.    Are the 3-4-5 settings the auto ones?

Yes I do always have a quilt sandwich by the machine which I test out anything new on.

I must put some pics up on the gallery sometime.

Sylvia

27/06/2008 19:45:00

Thanks Priscilla. 

That is what I suspected.  I certainly find the tension very good with the plastic ones.

Oh well, I shall just have to purchase lots more.  I never seem to have the thread I want to use on a bobbin.

25/06/2008 21:10:00

Carrying on with the Janome 6600 threads:

I have seen threads somewhere about metal -v- plastic bobbins.  Any comments from anyone about use of metal ones in the 6600?  I guess one shouldn't use metal ones??  Is tempting because I have a couple of packs which will fit and as I live in Andorra can't get supplies here.

18/06/2008 11:51:00

Hi Alison

Strange but I don't have any problem with points.  I usually quilt with the needle down option on, perhaps this helps.  Sometimes I swing the work around under the needle when it's down to see what I am doing more clearly.  I have just been doing trees with sharp points and they are fine.

I will try again bringing the two threads up and see if that solves the nest problem.  It certainly does with my Pfaff.

Sylvia

16/06/2008 20:07:00

Has anyone found a way of stopping the 6600 top thread going to underside and forming a "nest"  each time you re-start free motion quilting ?   This machine doesn't like having the bobbin thread pulled up to the top before starting which is essential for my Pfaff .  Other than this, and the fact that I have to check that the thread is properly through the tension wire (it seems to jump out sometimes) it is an excellent quilting machine and deals wonderfully with all my really difficult threads.

Would be delighted to correspond with any other 6600 owners.

Thread: Janome Memory Craft 6600
16/05/2008 18:56:00

Thanks Lynne

Looking at the enewsletter I think the Janome free motion foot has a very small round bit whereas my Bigfoot one is larger.

Thanks anyway.  I have contacted Janome and asked to sign up for their newsletter.

Sylvia

15/05/2008 18:16:00

I would love to swap tips, facts, etc. with UK users of my newish machine.  I am enjoying it very much despite it's few quirks i.e. the thread jumps out of the tension spring sometimes so I have to check it frequently.  Also I think the foot changing is very fiddly.  I find that if I use the walking feet on anything other than a 3 layer quilt sandwich it's very noisy - it bangs onto the footplate.  Same goes for when I use the Big Foot free motion foot, the little iron bar at the top clatters on the metal foot holder.

This sounds bad, I don't really have a lot of problems and I love the way the tension just seems to work whatever type of thread I put in.  Also it's brilliant at handling difficult silky threads which were impossible on my old Pfaff.

Hope to hear from other users.

Sylvia, Andorra.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues