By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Journal for a friend
03/06/2010 09:59:10

Caz's journal from Sylvia. 
02/06/2010 16:50:46

Here it is, my lovely Square Dance from Irene.
   Sylvia
02/06/2010 16:41:36
Do you want me to put up a photo Caz or is your camera mood only temporary??
Glad you like it.
Sylvia
02/06/2010 13:07:39
P.S. to above.
Irene also sent me a lovely postcard, beautifully done too.
Sylvia

02/06/2010 13:06:03
Wow, fantastic, have just received mine.  Thanks SO much Irene.  Will post photo this evening so that you can all see it and admire it.
It's particularly wonderful cos it's the April seascape and I don't have the puff paint and heat gun so could never have made it.
Am taking it to my little patchwork group this afternoon for a show and tell and then it will have pride of place on my sewing room wall.
I love the sea and don't see it often enough. 

As we mostly seem to know who has made journals for us I will tell.  Mine should be on it's way to you Caz.   I do hope it arrives.  Irene's took a long time to get here and it's usually slow to England via France.

Sylvia

Thread: Hundertwasser Toilets!
02/06/2010 08:30:39
Just been looking at your loo pics Cath.  They are Amazing.  Never seen anything like them before.  Another reason to visit NZ.   Sylvia
01/06/2010 21:46:37
Neither have I, but it will take longer to get here.
I did post mine off on 21st May by some kind of special French delivery service so I hope it gets to my recipient safely before too long.
Sylvia
Thread: Hundertwasser Toilets!
01/06/2010 14:21:13
Love this one too Cath.  It's a clever way to do stained glass.  Look forward to seeing the loo pics.  Have never heard about them before.  Sylvia

Thread: Chest of Drawers
31/05/2010 22:41:21
Gosh Margaret, love that chest of drawers in your album.
Can''t tell what size it is from the photo.  Would love to know more about it.
Sylvia

23/05/2010 13:05:00
What a clever girl you are Louisa.  If you can do free machining like that at 8 you will be a real whizz when you are a bit older.  Wish I had started young.  Love the butterfly.  I have done a couple of these square dances and didn't think to put anything other than flowers on.
Sylvia
Thread: Look what happens when you're nosy!
23/05/2010 08:54:47
Actually Katy I think you should head this thread "Look what happens when you are friendly".  Have good hols and half terms everyone.
Sylvia
Thread: Chat
23/05/2010 08:53:10
We discovered mice under the sink when we were trying to sell our house in Herts!  Took lots of goes with humane traps to get rid of them.  Sometimes the food was gone, trap closed but no mouse.  They were tiny sweet little field mice who used to run up the aquilegia stalks to eat the seeds.
I won't tell you what my daughter resorted to on her truck when she was an overland expedition leader and had rats!
Good luck Irene.  I certainly wouldn't have been so "humane" if it had been my fabric.
Sylvia
21/05/2010 13:36:08
Just posted mine today.  Unfortunately, due to the rules of Andorra (and the postage stamp too, of course) it won't be a secret to my recipient as I have to put an address label on the back!   Sorry about that but hope you like it.
Sylvia

Thread: Postcards for Teenage Cancer Trust
19/05/2010 21:59:20
Ignore that last comment.  Have just realised the sale is at end May!!
Sylvia
19/05/2010 21:57:42
Perhaps I missed something while I was away.  Did we hear how the sale of postcards went?
Sylvia
Thread: Janome Horizon MC7700
19/05/2010 21:27:09
Hi Margaret
Glad you like it so far. 
I agree about judging quarter inch on the standard dual feed feet, I have just been fiddling with that for quilt as you go on my 6600P.  Do you have the option of  extra quarter inch, open toe and in the ditch dual feed feet?  I got these, but obviously for some things, e.g. quilt as you go, the quarter inch foot with it's metal bit sticking down is not ideal.
I like the foot pressure option too.  At FoQ, when I bought mine, they showed me that it's possible to free machine fancy stitches if the foot pressure is on 0.
Have never got to grips with the knee lift.
Look forward to hearing any other comments you have.
Sylvia
Thread: No Jelly roll here!!
18/05/2010 16:57:28
Hi Mutley
Welcome from me too.  I am fairly new to all these forums but am enjoying them very much.  It's like belonging to a very big quilting group.  Sylvia
15/05/2010 08:22:34
Gosh  you have all been hard at it while I have been away sunning myself in SE Spain - the only part of thewhole peninsula with good weather at present.  Trying to snow here in Andorra - mid May - horrible.  You see there is a price to pay for the view!
Anyway I am now enthused to finish my square dance swap so I can post it off next week.
Sylvia

Thread: Christmas Bells
06/05/2010 13:18:46
That's a beautiful Christmas hanging.  Did you make it Alyson?  Is it a freely available design?  Would love to have it for later this year.
Sylvia

Thread: Janome Horizon MC7700
06/05/2010 08:46:35
Will be very interesting to see what's different and better than the previous range.  Look forward to hearing all about them.  Expect I will be green with envy.
Sylvia
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues