By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Foq 2010
30/07/2010 14:53:39
I was just googling things and found this pdf which gives a preview of all the solo exhibitors at FoQ this year.  Don't know why I got green italics though!

www.twistedthread.com/uploads/pdf/Solo%20exhibitions.pdf

Sylvia
Thread: Free Kaleidoscope images for August Square Dance
30/07/2010 14:05:35
Lovely images in your new album Katy, thanks.  I shall read  the article properly now.
Regards, Sylvia

29/07/2010 21:58:55
Thanks very much for floorplan and list Susan/Katy.  Great to salivate over it until the 18th.   Mustn't wish the next few weeks away though!  
Area for competitive quilts certainly doesn't seem large does it?  
Oh dear guess people like me are to blame.  Haven't put one in for years.
Must find out now where I have to take my pennants for patchworkers.
Sylvia
Thread: Cathy's Black and White Quilt
29/07/2010 12:07:56
What a great way to do black and white Cathy.  The red appliques on each block are really inspired.  Is each one meaningful for that fabric?  Or perhaps for someone in the family?
Sylvia

Thread: August Square Dance
28/07/2010 08:19:09
That's fantastic Margaret.  I got my Aug. PP yesterday and was looking forward to different versions of the idea.  Don't think it's one for me though.  I will admire from afar.
Sylvia

27/07/2010 13:50:11
Thanks so much Irene, you are a star. 
Shall we all go with this idea of a little pin on straw hat as our PP badge???
Are there lots of Hobbycraft stores around UK?
Sylvia
Thread: Chat
25/07/2010 12:15:05
That all sounds great Irene.  Reminds me I must email mycraftstore cos I haven't received the July PP.  Do others of you who live abroad get yours each month?
Sylvia

Thread: Cats - help please
24/07/2010 08:26:37
They are so inventive Penny, brilliant use of a difficult fabric.
Sylvia
23/07/2010 15:45:47
Glad you are back in the land of the living Kim and hope it's getting better every day.

As this is the chat forum want to share something you you all.  I went to an outdoor workshop/workin thing in nearby France yesterday organised by a quilt shop there.  Was a lovely day.  We all had to make a block with a sea theme and take one square of blue backing.  In the morning we handquilted all the blocks individually - not our own.  After a good lunch we put them together into two little quilts using the strips on both sides method.  I made a seahorse block inspired by all the lovely ones I have seen on this site.
At the end of the day all our names went in a hat for a raffle for the 2 quilts and two other prizes.  I won a lovely straw bag with Tonga Batiks in greens and yellows.  I thought it was rather heavy and when I looked this morning I have seven and a quarter yards of fabric.  Amazing.  With it are instructions for a Central Park quilt by Cheryl Malkowski.  Sorry if you ever read this Cheryl but it's rather boring.

I have put a photo of the fabrics (17 different ones) on my albums - "Fabrics" so if anyone cares to look and give me any ideas for how to use it I would be very grateful.

Sylvia
21/07/2010 08:41:51
Hi again Faith
Thanks for all that info.  Have looked at the two websites and also googled various things without much success.  Got lots of references to eye pencils!
On the saa site are their coloursoft pencils the same thing?
Pity I don't have some cos they would be very useful for a sea block I have to have finished for a sort of workshop in the open I am doing tomorrow in Spain.  I had better get on with it.
Sylvia

20/07/2010 18:19:55
Love the waistcoat Faith.  I have never even heard about the tecnique you are using.  Do you or anyone out there know a good site where I can read about it?   Maybe I can buy some chromasoft pencils at FoQ - they won't make me overweight on my hand luggage!
Sylvia

20/07/2010 14:52:13
Hi Faith
Am sure you will love chatting with everyone on this site.  I'm positive Jim will get lots of attention if he is wearing a quilted waistcoat, we will all look out for him, but he will probably get accosted by lots of other ladies too! 
Look forward to seeing your pics when you put some up.
Love from Sylvia

20/07/2010 14:47:45
Great idea Irene, but where would we get the little hats??   Sylvia

20/07/2010 12:51:08
Hi Caz

I am there for all 4 days - Ryanair allowing!   Really looking forward to meeting everyone.  PP stall will be good.  Guess a day/time will be arranged nearer the end Aug.   Or maybe a couple of different meetings to accomodate everyone.  Still think it might be fun for all of us to make a little badge so we can recognise each other whilst doing the rounds.

Sylvia
Thread: Summer 2010 Strip Swap
19/07/2010 15:00:41
Great Juliet hope to see you and all the others in person at FoQ.  Do hope we can think of some way of identifying ourselves as PPers.  Think someone will organise a get together on one of the days.
Sylvia
19/07/2010 14:55:52
Good luck Kim.  Hope it all goes very well and recovery is quick.
Sylvia

Thread: Summer 2010 Strip Swap
18/07/2010 09:08:32
Whoops, me too Irene, Sylvia.

Edited By Sylvia on 18/07/2010 09:09:38

18/07/2010 09:08:31
Hi Juliet
If Patchwork Corner is your nearest quilt shop you must live somewhere near where I last lived in England.  I was in Berkhamsted for 5 years before coming here to Andorra.  P Corner was my nearest quilt shop too.  Do you belong to the Guild and go to Reg.7 events?  If so must have seen you, if not met.
Enjoy your voucher.  Lucky thing.
Sylvia
Thread: Stay at Home Round Robin
12/07/2010 17:35:40
Hi Alison

I love your rr, the colours are beautiful and go so well together. 

Sylvia

11/07/2010 12:12:48
Hi Cathy
I emailed Janome a while back (posted reply somewhere on this site) and they said that if I use my machine a lot (ha,ha,ha) then it's OK to put a tiny drop in the bigger hole under the bobbin.  This hole actually has a wick which I hadn't realised before was there.  I like Carol B's suggestion of a cocktail stick, better be safe than sorry.
Sylvia
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues