By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
15/01/2019 17:30:38

cosi we 18 pie cover.jpgcosi we 18 pams bal de bot.jpgI am going to try up put up 3 photos of things I made at my Cosi Patchwork weekend in November. A tart caddy with a double wedding ring design (it has clever loop handles) a folding tote bag with log cabin add on to fold into and a "bal de bot" doll. This is traditional costume worn for the Mallorquin dancing and is pictured with my friend Pam for whom I made it as a Christmas present because she does the dancing. It is actually a plastic bag holder, they go into a slit on the back of the skirt and pull out from the elasticated bottom!

cosi we 18 bag.jpg

Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
15/01/2019 17:14:54

My prize for the stocking has just arrived, a book about Christmas stitching, an advent calendar panel and a P & Q bag so thank you voters and P & Q. Whoops, upside down as always.

P & Q mag prize

12/01/2019 16:38:38

Fantastic end to the year ladies, lovely things. Wow Carol that certainly is a new take on stained glass. Love it. I have actually just been putting bindings on two table mats made in last few months. I would hate to stop sewing and certainly need to do some if there is a gap but I just don't seem to do very much these days.

One project I will do is to finish the lovely top I have made up with lots of hug hearts.

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
04/01/2019 09:43:57

Lovely that Sheila will be remembered in our FoQ quilt.

Thread: Chat
02/01/2019 10:38:10

Good news Winnie, I do hope your 2019 will be much better for you.

Ha, ha, Margaret. Yes, I did wear the red knickers which are supposed to bring good luck for the coming year!!!

31/12/2018 18:11:54

Sending sunny greetings to everyone on our forum for a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

We will do our usual thing at a party with friends here, i.e. 12 grapes each on the chimes of the clock for the Spanish NY and then another celebration at midnight UK time.

28/12/2018 15:30:28

Horribly sad news and at such a time of year for it too. If it's appropriate please give my condolences to her family Rosemary.

28/12/2018 15:28:16

Oh my goodness, thank you everyone. I really didn't expect that. I had just looked at all the lovely photos and not the voting.

Well, my friend who bought it for charity has a famous stocking!

Please, Rosemary, bear in mind postage cost if you are sending anything. Honestly, it's enough to have been voted for.

xxxx

27/12/2018 15:27:13

Whoops, sorry, only just back on PP after 3 nights away over Christmas.

They are all lovely so sorry I couldn't vote.

It will be interesting to hear how they were used to raise charity funds.

I asked for secret bids for mine at one of our English Speaking Club coffee mornings. A friend (who is a quilter so appreciated the work involved) won with a €25 bid. It has gone into our Charity fund which is used to help needy people here on the island.

Thread: Chat
11/12/2018 08:35:42

Urgggg*******

I just cannot load photos into my albums. It takes ages trying and then gives message

sorry - the page you requested cannot be displayed at this time. Please try again later.

11/12/2018 08:09:56

Well done Jayne, lots of work and thought gone into that.

07/12/2018 18:30:49

Thanks Rosemary I will try that first but the last two times I have tried an upload it has not worked at all. We do have a very slow internet line and it takes ages just to do one photo and then at the end it says the site is not available or something like that. Urgggg.

07/12/2018 16:35:13

Help please. Has anyone found out how to twist photos r or left or from upside down when they load like that into our albums? I am trying to put up a few photos of my patchwork weekend to show you all but so far we are all sewing on the ceiling!

06/12/2018 13:37:08

Adding a couple of photos from my weekend of 4 workshops with my Palma patchwork group. Lovely salon we have in this hotel on Playa de Palma. Whoops, forgot to put in an album on here first, will do.

04/12/2018 16:57:25

Yes it is. It looks incredibly complicated and lovely. Beautiful colours.

02/12/2018 18:40:53

Finished mine now Rosemary so will send you a photo.

Thread: Patchwork Calendar 2019
01/12/2018 08:45:46

Eileen, I have just turned my 2018 calendar to December (surely it can't be already??!!) and love your Christmas table centre. I shall enjoy it in my kitchen for the whole month.

30/11/2018 13:13:11

Hooray, finally got my calendar now Rosemary. Lovely, thank you SO much. Very clever and appropriate backgrounds to each quilt.

xxxx Sylvia

30/11/2018 08:48:52

That plait is lovely Margaret. It looks very complicated and lengthy to make. Is it? I do actually like sewing curves, or is it appliqued?

Beautiful quilt for a lucky little girl Rosemary.

10/11/2018 16:16:50

I am off to an hotel next weekend for my sessions with the Palma patchwork ladies. One of our little workshops is a Christmas stocking so if it's any good I will enter.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
SewAndSo
Sarik
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues