By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2022
19/01/2022 16:56:59

cosi runner nov 21.jpg

19/01/2022 16:54:52

That's such fun Eileen. I love random whacky piecing.

Having said that this is the finished table runner from my Nov 21 Cosi weekend. Not at all random! Really needs more quilting.

Hmm can't find it in album ....

Thread: Chat
15/01/2022 10:02:29

Perhaps post above is TOO old fashionedwink Do you all think that anyone starting out now would buy books or just find videos online?

15/01/2022 10:01:07

Good list Winnie. That should get her going.

Maybe a few books and magazines?

12/01/2022 13:44:48

Gosh those heirloom pieces are lovely but not something I could imagine doing these days. I can't give up but really only do occasional sewing. Although I am up here now to finish the binding on the last piece from my Cosi weekend in November.

Do hope you are improving every day Rosemary. Sending love and hugs xxxx

Thread: Show and Tell 2021
12/01/2022 13:41:00

Love the muted colours and simple blocks Margaret. It works so well.

04/01/2022 10:38:56

Thanks Reenie xxx

03/01/2022 10:53:56

Oh heck the finished items did not load in my PP album so these are wips.

03/01/2022 10:52:56

Table RunnerTable RunnerCannot put these in the 22 section because I finished them in time for Christmas 21!

Only just finding time to catch up on things.

These are the 3 things I made on the Cosi Patchwork weekend in November.

Table runner still to finish so that can be a 22 project haha.Mosaic  Hotel 21

03/01/2022 10:38:24

Bit late, but sending my very best wishes to all PPers for a happy, healthy and productive 2022 xxxx

13/12/2021 09:44:40

Only just seen this. Take the v ery best care of yourself Rosemary and bask in all your reflected glory of the super calendars we have all enjoyed year on year.

23/11/2021 16:08:18

They are all lovely. Will watch video and have a go. Good use for some of that Christmas material.

18/11/2021 14:56:27

Is that 6 napkins folded to create trees, Reenie, or a napkin with trees on it?

11/11/2021 09:45:05

Lovely Christmas fabrics Eileen which go so well together on each side.

I have been making a baby/pram cover to give to the refugees. The top is an old piece of EPP hexagons. Have been very lazy and just "bagged" it without a border or binding. Plan to fmq it but think it will be difficult because it is very thick. Will post photo when done.

30/10/2021 10:36:29

Sorry, guess above should have been in Chat.

30/10/2021 10:33:55

Lovely Eileen, so productive, put me to shame although I am just looking at requirements list for a weekend with my Palma group. We go to a hotel on Playa de Palma and this year have 3 workshops. The first day is a visiting tutor from Barcelona Eva Gustems who is known for her dramatic African people pieces. We are doing a Christmas mosaic with her.

25/10/2021 09:36:55

Exciting wedding plans, happy days xxx

Thought some might be interested in an event I attended a couple of Saturdays ago.

It was an arty/crafty day to raise money for local charities. I was asked to man a stand where attendees could come and sew together 25cm squares with the objective of making a quilt or two for the official refugee Afghan ladies which the Mallorca Red Cross are looking after.

Not very much was achieved on the day I am afraid but I decided to raid my stash of finished quilts and donate one to the cause. I have had a wonderful message from the recipient who said she had the first relaxing nights sleep since coming here and that they are exactly her favourite colours.

me with donated quilt.jpg

18/10/2021 17:45:07

Hi Brenda

It's strange how things are so different in various parts of the world. I do feel for you.

Here in Mallorca, Spain, we went early into full lockdown for a little while and then a progressively slow easing of restrictions. Life seems to be almost back to normal now socially given that we have everything well spaced everywhere and that it is obligatory to wear a mask in shops and other indoor spaces unless one is actually eating and drinking and anywhere else where distance cannot be maintained.

Thankfully this together with our high level of vaccination means that we now have a pretty low level of infection. Let's hope it continues.

14/10/2021 14:07:01

Hi everyone

I am still here in Mallorca and OK. It has been SO long since I opened up PP. Guess it is because I am outside so much in the summer and not sewing so had nothing to report.

I shall have a read back to catch up with you all.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we had our first Cosi Patchwork real workshop (having been doing Zoom ones for the last 18 months, although not in the summer). I only attended one day and we all started a craft sewing project for which we were given a kit each. Have finally finished mine and am very pleased with it.

cosi african violets.jpg

25/06/2021 14:59:51

All looks very organised, comfy and workmanlike Brenda. Sending hugs and best wishes for your new home and particularly your sewing room.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners