By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
29/08/2019 14:26:50

Fantastic Margaret.

Sending gentle hugs Maria and hope you get your appetite back. Have friend here who has appetite but can't put any weight on after serious op.

Thread: Photos from FoQ 2019
19/08/2019 11:04:10

Just enjoyed the 5 pages of your uploads here Rosemary. Thanks very much, it's great to see it through the eyes of one of us. Maybe I will get there again one day and if August is always going to be as hot as this year here then I might need to escape. Difficult to leave the veg. patch though.

Have to stop on this pc upstairs in my sewing room now because I am dripping. No sewing being done here at present.

Thread: Chat
02/08/2019 13:50:06

Hi everyone from me too,

I haven't forgotten you all but we changed internet provider and I changed my computer and it's summer and my veg. garden needs LOTS of attention and my daughter and S in L are here SO.... I am not dead and am going to enjoy all your reports of FoQ next week when things quieten down. xxxx

20/03/2019 10:07:46

Sending gentle hugs Maria. Hope the investigations will lead to a treatment to ease the pain.

Great Rosemary, that's what we need, stitchers of the future. xxx

12/03/2019 08:56:21

Brilliant quilt Jayne love the way the eye wanders around the various striking fabrics and great use of the stash. I should do the same lol xxx

Sorry to hear about all your family problems. Hugs xxx

11/03/2019 09:01:38

What a pain Rosemary. Good luck with that one. Unpicking is not an option I choose at my advanced age!!! Would be tempted to quilt in various different colours to make it less obvious lol xxx

Thread: Rainbow quilt
11/03/2019 08:58:39

Fantastic Eileen.

03/03/2019 09:33:11

Hi Rosemary, don't stress, everything sounds like great fun, well done you xxx

26/02/2019 09:05:06

I often think about Katie and wonder how she is. I believe one or two of you are in touch with her?? Please give her my love if so and if she would welcome an email from me I would love to "talk" with her.

Thread: I was the winner of the Little Sweetheart Fabric Pack, resulting quilt
23/02/2019 17:28:10

Wow, Janice, that is really beautiful and very impressive.

23/02/2019 17:27:12

Hi everyone, not been on site much lately but now catching up with all the lovely things. I have seen pics of virus shawls but why are they called that?

A good friend of mine from UK p & q days now only seems to crochet. Like you Jayne I have never been able to follow a pattern.

10/02/2019 08:24:49

Oh my goodness Eileen, that looks SO complicated. Well done, it's stunning.

Thread: hug hearts
01/02/2019 09:08:30

Big hugs from me too Carol xxxxx

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
23/01/2019 13:13:12

Great, as always Rosemary you are a STAR *****

21/01/2019 10:04:03

Beautiful work on this page ladies, love everything. Those Jan pieced strips have given me an idea Fiona. I have lots of odd long triangles which need using up.

21/01/2019 09:59:33

Hello Sandy, welcome back. Sorry for all your family problems and do hope they are now resolving themselves. Hope you have managed some sewing to take your mind off things xx

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
15/01/2019 17:30:38

cosi we 18 pie cover.jpgcosi we 18 pams bal de bot.jpgI am going to try up put up 3 photos of things I made at my Cosi Patchwork weekend in November. A tart caddy with a double wedding ring design (it has clever loop handles) a folding tote bag with log cabin add on to fold into and a "bal de bot" doll. This is traditional costume worn for the Mallorquin dancing and is pictured with my friend Pam for whom I made it as a Christmas present because she does the dancing. It is actually a plastic bag holder, they go into a slit on the back of the skirt and pull out from the elasticated bottom!

cosi we 18 bag.jpg

Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
15/01/2019 17:14:54

My prize for the stocking has just arrived, a book about Christmas stitching, an advent calendar panel and a P & Q bag so thank you voters and P & Q. Whoops, upside down as always.

P & Q mag prize

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
12/01/2019 16:38:38

Fantastic end to the year ladies, lovely things. Wow Carol that certainly is a new take on stained glass. Love it. I have actually just been putting bindings on two table mats made in last few months. I would hate to stop sewing and certainly need to do some if there is a gap but I just don't seem to do very much these days.

One project I will do is to finish the lovely top I have made up with lots of hug hearts.

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
04/01/2019 09:43:57

Lovely that Sheila will be remembered in our FoQ quilt.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
Sarik
SewAndSo
Search Press
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues