By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
13/07/2020 16:28:43

Hi Maria, great to hear you so positive. Recovering well is good, just look after yourself and you will soon be back at all those projects. Big gentle virtual hugs coming you way. xxxxx

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
05/07/2020 10:50:21

Oh it's lovely Margaret. Hope everything survived the experience and now you can just enjoy xxx

22/06/2020 16:06:06

OK now having done both clean and changed top thread. Now I don't know which was the problem, but am happy it seems to be OK. Thanks ladies.

21/06/2020 13:06:49

Thanks ladies. I will do another clean although I did one a couple of weeks ago.

Will also try a different thread.

Will let you know.

20/06/2020 15:53:54

Can anyone suggest anything please? My trusty old Pfaff keeps breaking the top thread. I have tried changing the needle, changing tension, rethreading numerous times and checking that everything is running smoothly. Even changed where the thread is coming from. Don't think it's the thread it is very strong and won't break by hand.

Thread: UFOs completed in time of "plague"(sorry I couldn't think of a better word!)
20/06/2020 10:18:50

Oh well done Margaret, it's great fun and beautifully quilted.

Please tell me how to reverse photos.

19/06/2020 14:28:41

if you don't mind standing on your head (!)Porch backs, then here are two pics of ALL the cushions, table runner and coasters I have now made for our porch sitting area. One of the fronts and one of the more muted backs. The 3 coasters were left over rail fence squares. Does make me feel a bit sick looking up these upside down. So wish it were possible to correct.Porch fronts

Thread: Mystery quilt
19/06/2020 09:45:28

Fantastic Eileen and that quilting adds so much to the finished effect.

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
04/06/2020 11:13:23

Good fun projects Steph, lovely.

Don't think I commented on your post on this screen either Eileen. Your white on white is looking great.

Thread: UFOs completed in time of "plague"(sorry I couldn't think of a better word!)
02/06/2020 14:03:23

Clever use of those 3 blocks Margaret, works so well and I must see if I can elongate that stitch on my machine, it is very effective (and efficient). xxx

29/05/2020 14:41:03

Have now finished 3 cushions for our porch. Upside down as usual but doesn't make any difference to the patterns! Still have a small table mat and the big sideboard runner to finish then it will probably be enough green!

3 cushions for porch.jpg

Thread: Mystery quilt
29/05/2020 14:30:33

I just love the look of that Margaret, well done.

Thread: Returner to the forum and the hobby
21/05/2020 10:12:21

Hi Tina, great to see you back. Hope you are well now.

Those of us on here are still a merry bunch and very helpful as Eileen says. Look forward to seeing your photos. I am not on here (or in my sewing room) as much as I could because I spend so much time in my vegetable patches!

21/05/2020 10:08:50

Sorry, guess that should really have been in Chat!

21/05/2020 10:08:29

Wow Margaret you are going great guns. They are all beautiful. I did a stack and whack many years ago, fun technique. Absolutely love the colourful "blocks " one, wow some lucky person, hope they fully appreciate it, particularly the quilting effort.

I get up here in my sewing room now and then but as the weather has now become wonderful it's hard not to be outside in garden.

We are still staying mostly at home although as now in phase 1 we are allowed to eat at outside restaurant with proper distancing so we went to favourite place with large garden last week. So nice to have a meal cooked for me.

Hopefully we will have phase 2 as of Monday which should mean we are allowed to swim in the sea, but only 30% usage of beach. This should not be a problem because there are no tourists at present. Bad for the economy and them but not so much for we who live here.

Have to say I think the Spanish government have handled this whole thing very well.

Thread: Stay at home retreat....will you join me?
04/05/2020 17:30:52

Wow, congratulations

04/05/2020 17:29:31

Beautiful Rosemary. Obviously lends itself to many applications haha.

Thread: Stay at home retreat....will you join me?
27/04/2020 14:01:59

Love that quilt Margaret. The greens and mauves are stunning together.

27/04/2020 14:00:16

Must investigate these rulers.

Great work everyone. I have too many balls in the air in my sewing room. Been cutting batting for 3 things today and have 4 other "mats" under the machine being quilted.

Will post pics sometime.

26/04/2020 09:45:25

Covid Cancer support maskCovid Cancer Support masksThey are not reversible like my preferred ones, but that is how they wanted them. Obviously need elastic ear loops.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues