By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
25/06/2021 14:59:51

All looks very organised, comfy and workmanlike Brenda. Sending hugs and best wishes for your new home and particularly your sewing room.

Thread: Show and Tell 2021
25/06/2021 14:56:56

I meant to start previous post with a WOW Rosemary. So many clever and creative things. You put me to shame.

25/06/2021 14:52:13

Oh my, so long since I took part. I blame it on the fact that because we have been having so many threatened or real thunderstorms. Our house and systems are very vulnurable so everything has to go off and then I don't always remember to open up all my sites.

Also, of course, it is summer and I am spending almost all my time outside rather then up here on my desktop where PP lives.

I have been doing one or two things and will post pics when finished.

Hugs to everyone xxxx

19/04/2021 09:50:40

Yup, but it is a long time coming this year. Have never known it so cold and miserable this late in April. Unfortunately it has not produced any much needed rain.

16/04/2021 16:04:21

Zoom sunhat April 21 2Not p & q but my latest project. We all made a reversible sunhat via our Cosi Zoom workshop last Saturday.

Zoom sunhat April 21

13/04/2021 17:36:48

Oh feel for you Brenda but absolutely agree, as long a I can keep sewing and gardening I will be happy.

Love that story Winnie, still chuckling xxx

09/04/2021 10:29:32

My daughter is a world worker/traveller so can't see her wanting all my stuff, even though she can and does sew occasionally. I love following her adventures but am also envious of friends who have daughters within reach.

I had my first Pfizer last Tuesday with no problems and have appointment for 2nd three weeks after first. Was a slow start for we 70s in Mallorca but seem to be going great guns now.

08/04/2021 17:28:33

Hi Winnie

Lovely to hear from you. Hope you are doing OK. I have no serious patchwork friends around here so heaven knows what would happen.

I do remember various occasions, via the Quilters Guild when I lived in England, being delighted to buy fabrics, etc., for the benefit of the QG when somebody had died. I still use a very large square ruler I bought and mentally thank the unknown quilter.

08/04/2021 13:49:12

Ha ha Eileen, regarding looking and feeling and putting back. It is because you are still too young! At my age, 77, I look at my vast cupboard full of fabrics etc and think OMG who will deal with this when I die so it makes it much easier to use my favourites!!! lol. xxx

I find that making small useful things for our use or as gifts fills the mojo gaps.

27/03/2021 15:00:11

Latest little Zoom project with my Palma group. I really like this design so am making another one. Have also made 2 placemats to match for our outside table.

As keen eyed people will notice I didn't mirror image the centre panel. Oh well I still like it. I really must stop and think when I hear the word "espejo".cosi zoom mar 21.jpg

08/03/2021 16:04:49

I am really enjoying the March Hares on my calendar. Are they yours Rosemary?

04/03/2021 08:21:27

Gosh, that takes me back many years Rosemary. I had a friend whose daughter was a serious dolls house person and I made a tiny quilt for her.

21/02/2021 08:42:52

Love it Margaret, well done.

When you say "the original photo" I assume you mean on your computer or whatever, before you upload to a PP folder?

15/02/2021 16:28:44

How can I do that for myself Margaret?

14/02/2021 13:46:48

kitchen placemats.jpgTwo little recent projects. Small but better than nothing!

The vase was a Zoom workshop with my Palma group. Very fiddly!

The placemats are for kitchen breakfast bar.

As always my photos come out wrong way round. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?cosi workshop vase.jpg

03/02/2021 13:30:51

Really sweet Rosemary.

I am just making two placemats for our kitchen breakfast bar.

Thread: Kantha quilting
28/01/2021 10:14:07

Sorry Brenda, can't find it so far.

25/01/2021 14:46:32

Great start to the year Eileen and Margaret. Love them.

Thread: Kantha quilting
25/01/2021 14:45:02

Hi Brenda. Yes I did try some years ago. Will try and find and post photo. It's different and satisfying to do but a bit too much for my eyes these days.

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
21/01/2021 16:41:41

I am working hard and long on a fabric vase (for dry things, obviously). It was a Zoom workshop last Saturday with my Palma patchwork group. Lots of very fiddly hand sewing, not really my cup of tea.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues