By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sylvia

Here is a list of all the postings Sylvia has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Quilty Calendar for 2021
27/11/2020 14:28:29

Thanks Rosemary, email received and dealt with. You are a star xxxx

24/11/2020 09:38:18

Yes please Rosemary. Order me one and let me know the damage. Thanks very much. Must put some money on Paypal. xxx

21/11/2020 09:38:04

Good news for your part of Oz Brenda, do hope it stays that way. Unfortunately tourism (especially here) is the lifeblood so we are always wondering what will come next.

We had been very good in Balears but then all went up and even our little S.E. region was bad. We personally are being very careful without shutting ourselves in completely.

Best wishes to all. xxxx

Thread: Christmas 2020
20/11/2020 09:27:41

That is gorgeous Margaret. It will definitely brighten everyone up for Christmas. I haven't done any serious sewing (only masks!!) for ages because the Indian summer has been so good I have wanted to be outside.

Seems to be turning now so will be very happy to get back to my machine.

20/11/2020 09:25:14

Oh hell, you did tell me via email Rosemary but I didn't realise I had to respond yesterday! Oh well, guess I will wait for the next offer. Definitely want one please. Isn't it crazy that p & p costs more to Spain than Australia. Oh well nothing to be done xxxx

Thread: Chat
08/11/2020 15:23:24

Saw a great thing on FB today from one of my Palma patchwork ladies. Can't reproduce it here but maybe explain it.

Am sure you have all seen various images with two people facing each other with and without masks and a percentage of the protection.

This was one but at the bottom there was a person without a mask and the other picture was a sewing machine.

0 % obviously. Loved it.

08/11/2020 15:20:21

Hi Rosemary

Great that you are doing it again. I definitely want one but I haven't actually made any new quilts or even proper wall hangings since last year!!! What an admission. Will try and see what I have sent before and maybe have something. If not then am very happy to enjoy the work of others.

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
06/11/2020 11:13:49

You are SO productive Eileen xxxx and they are very pretty.

06/11/2020 11:12:26

The one I saw Rosemary was offering obviously dodgy copies of driving licences, passports etc.

05/11/2020 17:17:21

Rosemary, there is a weird topic here in Chat which I am sure you will delete.

30/10/2020 08:45:37

Lovely AND snuggly Maria.

27/10/2020 13:53:33

Love them Rosemary xx

27/10/2020 13:51:56

Thanks Margaret.

I too always have automatic upload from phone to Google photos on which it is correct way up. It's only when I upload to these pages it turns.

26/10/2020 10:45:33

Golly, yes, Christmas. Was just thinking about whether to decorate or not this year (well some but maybe not a tree) as really don't know if we will be home a deux or what. Were supposed to be meeting up with DD and SinL in Oman but flights cancelled.

Hmm think I have an unused fabric panel somewhere Margaret, maybe ???

26/10/2020 10:40:56

You will have to stand on your head, as usual!! Golly how do all those things stay in there?

cosi zoom workshop oct 20.jpg

26/10/2020 10:34:26

HI everyone, not been here for a while, been gardening etc cos weather was lovely but horrible today.

Well done Eileen, Fiona, Mandy and Rosemary for all those beautiful things.

I am definitely getting sewing withdrawal symptoms. Only thing I have done is a little "pot" which was via a Zoom workshop with my Palma ladies. Will post pic separately.

28/09/2020 14:35:28

Well done Mandy. Am sure it all creates more work but must be great to actually be able to open and teach again.

Thread: FMQ beginner Janome CXL 301
21/09/2020 09:57:54

Hi Kerry

I mostly use my Janome 6600P for free machine quilting (not that I have done much lately!) I bought a pack of special fmq feet but think the clear plastic darning foot is just as good really.

Agree with Rosemary. I don't think it's necessary to lower feed dogs. Am afraid it's just practice, practice using a quilt sandwich and trying out all the different tensions and sitches etc. (My machine allows a few different stitches to be used for fmq). When you find the answer make a note of it!! Easy to forget. Good luck.

13/09/2020 15:29:16

What a wonderful project Brenda. I am sure those mothers will treasure their quilts.

Lol I have always snipped away at my hair between cuts! I do have a pair of those scissors with teeth which means big chunks never get cut out! Having short hair helps.

12/09/2020 11:28:31

Have not seen it done on point before Brenda, like the effect.

I deliberately don't keep up with much world news. Are you still unable to go to a hairdresser Brenda? I was like that for a couple of months during which time my blonde colouring mostly grew out (I cut my short hair myself) and since then I have become "ash blonde" if one is being kind!!! Have now been for a professional trim twice.

My husband asked me to cut his hair and doesn't seem inclined to go back to his hairdresser. Hmm. a job for life.

Fiona I think I started to cut strips or squares from everything I was cutting ages ago. Fear they are now buried in my overflowing scraps drawer. I do sometimes think about just sewing bits together from said drawer and see what appears.

Unfortunately we don't have a Linus type organisation here as far as I know and my Palma group have not asked us to make quilts for the childrens' ward for a couple of years now. Note: I will ask the Mallorca Mallorca FB page if they know of anything.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues